Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Skyfaller

Typical Shima dev hate.. the stealth advantage removed

10 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
1,362 posts

The new ship upgrades... look at the Gearing's... it makes its stealth be lower than Shimakaze's new stealth rating. 

So much for you all claiming it was a shimakaze buff to make it the best stealth ship. It was just taken away from the Shima. 

Gearing with -10% capt skill, -15% new module and -3% signal... has LOWER detection than shimakaze at 5.5km. 

100m less than shimakaze. 

... and Gearing still has significantly stealthier/lower reaction time torpedoes than shima has, with 16km range AND better guns, more HP, better smoke and AA consumable. 

...while Shima's third launcher 'advantage' is still negated by seen-from-orbit torpedo detect range, widest torp separation 'balancing features'. 

• Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,742 posts
7,373 battles

I'm guessing you missed all the "cons" parts on all these new upgrades.

The reality is that after people mess with the upgrades after they earn them, IF they earn them, 99.9% of the base won't use them much, if at all. The GK upgrade is pretty good, and really, that's about it. The rest of them are situation type upgrades, and sorry, but we aren't going to give up good upgrades all the time for maybe, hopefully this will work this time upgrades all the time.

Every time something new happens it's "OHMEGERD TEH SKAI IZ FAWLINK!", and yet every time, things go on as they were.

Also this: I swear to god, it ain't the ship, it's the driver. A uni is going to beat you no matter what he or she has on their pixel bote, a tater is going to turn into a french fry for you no matter what THEY have on their pixel bote.

It's a game, people, it's a freaking game.

• Cool 4

Beta Testers
1,362 posts

you're missing the point. Shima's recent buff is now effectively removed. 

Shima is not receiving any buff that helps it. Faster reload time makes no difference whatsoever if its torps are still seen from orbit and/or have shorter range than a Gearing..who now has lower stealth than shima. If anything torp soup makes it even more susceptible to future nerfs. 

Shima's tier 10 upgrade should have been +torp reload time and -torp detection range. But then again, nothing can ever benefit IJN. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,683 posts
10,011 battles

Before -

Shima and Gearing both have the same stealth. Gearing has 20 RPM.

Now -

Shima and Gearing with module have the same stealth. Gearing has 17 RPM.

I'm pretty sure they work out at the same stealth - the math for the camo etc. works sequentially. This is still an overall buff. Stealth is still a buff, it's a buff against every other DD in Shima's tier range too. It's a buff against YY, against Z-52 and against the IJN DD's you now only slightly lag behind.

Shima's not bad, she's boring and her stats are held down by idiots who don't shoot back even when 5km from a low HP DD that's spotting them either way, but she's not a disaster.

[-VT-]
Members
379 posts
22,735 battles

The Sky is -faller-ing !

The Sky is -faller-ing !

Edited by Sabene
  • Funny 1

[TSPC]
Beta Testers
1,104 posts
10,099 battles
59 minutes ago, Skyfaller said:

you're missing the point. Shima's recent buff is now effectively removed. 

Shima is not receiving any buff that helps it. Faster reload time makes no difference whatsoever if its torps are still seen from orbit and/or have shorter range than a Gearing..who now has lower stealth than shima. If anything torp soup makes it even more susceptible to future nerfs. 

Shima's tier 10 upgrade should have been +torp reload time and -torp detection range. But then again, nothing can ever benefit IJN. 

killed 4 with Shima torps last game.   Nothing wrong with Shima.

Members
1,664 posts
9,730 battles

I chew up Gearings fighting them with their full DPM now in my Shima.  I am supposed to be scared of it now that it has like 15% less DPM on its guns?  Please.

The special upgrade in my opinion is trash.  Gearing is really strong inside 7km due to the DPM and the limitations of the US shell arcs.  That DPM makes the ship viable, and not Shima levels of concealment.  All this mod really does is make it more costly to fight other DDs, particularly Yue Yang, Z-52, and Grozovoy. 

[HEROS]
Members
1,404 posts
11,831 battles

Wait your telling me a Gearing running the module is going to loose 3 rounds per minute from its rate of fire?  Hot diggity dog.. I hope all the Gearing driver pack it!  BLOODY EXCELLENT!

Shimmi's 127's punch just a bit harder than  their US counterparts.    That loss of 3 RPM means the Gearing has GOT to get the first shots in.   STuff like this and other sneaky DD's is WHY you take RPF as a commander skill.  The rest is a small matter of gunnery.  I have taken good Gearing players out with Shimmy's gun.  It's trying to hit stuff with the Shimmy torps that has me pulling out my hair.  That torp detection range on the IJN torps really hurts.  ANd the amount of RADR out there right now leave the hard to dadge screaming fast 8 k torps... yea, risky, very risky!

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this