You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Cruxdei

GZ might not be sold before CV rework

71 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
2,831 posts
4,033 battles

according to sub_octavian Q&A,he admits that she is not healthy and they wont sell her until the CV rework,so rejoice original owners,the exclusivity period might not end soon.

remember boys and girls,to take this with a grain of salt (konig albert,giulio cesare)

Az6o05mWfhUIhmT2aQC3GaYrLfNYVsLm9_C5xh_b

• Cool 3

Members
9,864 posts

It was a stupid idea to sell it in the first place....but this is WG, money > game play or balance.:Smile_hiding:

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

So long as they think their current rework plan will work, I think it is a bad idea to have any premium CVs up for sale. If they have to abandon it, then start selling premium CVs again.

[HINON]
Members
8,838 posts
2 minutes ago, cometguy said:

So long as they think their current rework plan will work, I think it is a bad idea to have any premium CVs up for sale. If they have to abandon it, then start selling premium CVs again.

^ This

Members
821 posts
3,887 battles
16 minutes ago, cometguy said:

It will be funny if they realize the only way to make CV's work is to  remove strafe, and perhaps manual bombing too.  They do anything else , they are just stepping in dog-doo further IMO.

They can't sit on this CV thing till next year. They have to do something before that, and the Graf Zeppelin is a big part, for this reason I think.

The people that collect all ships (unconcerned with $) are the biggest whales in this game. I dont know how many there are or how many Graf Zeppelins were sold (20-30?), but those big whales who did not get her becuase of all the "stuff" that was being said at the time and the short sell period, there are many of them that are just MAD and their continuing Irritation to be out such a gem and waiting on it . Some of them people will just quit  , I dont think WG wants to lose those customers . Now numbers and percentages they already know,  but even losing a few "big" customers bad for business and has secondary effects . Can't sit on the giant CV problem for a year and the Graf problem. I remember when they said the CV issues/rework/whatever would be fixed by Nov 17 ! They are running on borrowed time with some people about CV's , me included.

Edited by Strachwitz666

Beta Testers
2,831 posts
4,033 battles
1 minute ago, Strachwitz666 said:

It will be funny if they realize the only way to make CV's work is to  remove strafe, and perhaps manual bombing too.  They do anything else , they are just stepping in dog-doo further IMO.

They can't sit on this CV thing till next year. They have to do something before that, and the Graf Zeppelin is a big part, for this reason I think.

The people that collect all ships (unconcerned with $) are the biggest whales in this game. I dont know how many there are or how many Graf Zeppelins, but those big whales who did not get her becuase of all the "stuff" that was being said at the time and the short sell period, there are many of them that are just MAD and their continuing Irritation to be out such a gem and waiting on it . Some of them people will just quit  , I dont think WG wants to lose those customers . Now numbers and percentages they already know,  but even losing a few "big" customers bad for business and has secondary effects . Can't sit on the giant CV problem for a year and the Graf problem. I remebr when they said the CV issues would be fixed in Nov 17. They are running on borrowed time with some people about CV's , me included.

there is something weird about collecting virtual assets,they might last less time than real life collections,a collector of ww2 ships replicas(big enough to see details but small enough to fit somewhere inside the house) know that his "ships" will last much longer(under good cnditions,no house accidents,for example) than virtual pixels.

i don't know,"collecting" things that are not exactly my property sounds silly to me.yes,WG is the real owner  of all your ships,you just give them money and they let you play it,just don't touch it.

[TOG]
Members
2,366 posts
14,622 battles
3 minutes ago, Strachwitz666 said:

They are running on borrowed time with some people about CV's , me included.

They haven't told the folks on steam accounts because I'm seeing more cv's  popping up since 0.6.12.

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
Just now, Strachwitz666 said:

I think CVs won't work so long as there are fighters. CVs are unique in that they are the only ship type in which teammates can provide you literal defense. Not just the informational defense that smoke and hydro provide.

So the more variance in AA capabilities in game, the harder it is to balance CVs. It's bad for the game if you allow for circumstances where a ship type can't do anything to anyone, and it's bad for the game if no one can do anything to a ship type.

Fighters play a big role in making both of those things happen in the same game. There are other factors as well, of course.

[YAN]
Members
1,636 posts
7,464 battles
9 minutes ago, cometguy said:

It's bad for the game if you allow for circumstances where a ship type can't do anything to anyone, and it's bad for the game if no one can do anything to a ship type.

Same reason fighting Asashio or Belfasts etc feels horrid then, I certainly agree with this. There needs to be counterplay in at least some form.

[SYN]
Members
14,375 posts
10,239 battles
13 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

They haven't told the folks on steam accounts because I'm seeing more cv's  popping up since 0.6.12.

That's because of the Halsey campaign missions that are much easier to do in CVs than any other ship.

• Cool 1

Members
821 posts
3,887 battles
8 minutes ago, cometguy said:

I think CVs won't work so long as there are fighters. CVs are unique in that they are the only ship type in which teammates can provide you literal defense. Not just the informational defense that smoke and hydro provide.

So the more variance in AA capabilities in game, the harder it is to balance CVs. It's bad for the game if you allow for circumstances where a ship type can't do anything to anyone, and it's bad for the game if no one can do anything to a ship type.

Fighters play a big role in making both of those things happen in the same game. There are other factors as well, of course.

Is not the problem with fighters , "strafe" ?

10 minutes ago, cometguy said:

I It's bad for the game if you allow for circumstances where a ship type can't do anything to anyone, and it's bad for the game if no one can do anything to a ship type.

You're losing me with "ship type" here 

Members
1,604 posts
3,573 battles
12 minutes ago, cometguy said:

From what I am hearing,  I don't think fighters will be a factor in the rework.  From the sounds of it the idea is for the player to directly control their planes in directly attacking the enemy,  one squadron at a time.  This would put CV's more in line with everyone else,  where your main concern is fighting enemy ships and not enemy aircraft directly.  

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
Just now, Strachwitz666 said:

Is not the problem with fighters , "strafe" ?

You're losing me with "ship type" here 

No, the problem is the view that CVs play a role in defending the fleet from the CV. Strafe is their current solution to implementing the role. But if the belief that CVs should fulfill that role remains, we'll end up with another mechanic that ends in the same place.

By ship type I mean destroyers, cruisers, battleships and CVs. If you refer to them as classes, someone inevitably comes in and says that class has a different meaning in the Navy.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,169 posts
8,785 battles
22 minutes ago, Strachwitz666 said:

The people that collect all ships (unconcerned with $) are the biggest whales in this game. I dont know how many there are or how many Graf Zeppelins were sold (20-30?), but those big whales who did not get her becuase of all the "stuff" that was being said at the time and the short sell period, there are many of them that are just MAD and their continuing Irritation to be out such a gem and waiting on it . Some of them people will just quit  , I dont think WG wants to lose those customers . Now numbers and percentages they already know,  but even losing a few "big" customers bad for business and has secondary effects . Can't sit on the giant CV problem for a year and the Graf problem. I remember when they said the CV issues/rework/whatever would be fixed by Nov 17 ! They are running on borrowed time with some people about CV's , me included.

I have said for a long time that the player needs to be removed from the cockpit and some other skill factor be brought into replace it.

The problem with the CV revamp is doing the wrong thing now is far far worse than doing the right thing later.

1 minute ago, Palladia said:

From what I am hearing,  I don't think fighters will be a factor in the rework.  From the sounds of it the idea is for the player to directly control their planes in directly attacking the enemy,  one squadron at a time.  This would put CV's more in line with everyone else,  where your main concern is fighting enemy ships and not enemy aircraft directly.  

Depending on how the implement the attack this could be very good or very bad. If they keep the current manual drop system a lot of players will be left out in the breeze. Better would be a drop point on the play field and the player clicks as close to it as possible, the closer to that point the more accurate the drop.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,676 posts
10,011 battles

This does beg the question 'what was the point in spending 6 months of dev time re-balancing GZ from when she was pulled until this March, only to plan to re-balance again at the end of the carrier rework?'.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,169 posts
8,785 battles
2 minutes ago, mofton said:

This does beg the question 'what was the point in spending 6 months of dev time re-balancing GZ from when she was pulled until this March, only to plan to re-balance again at the end of the carrier rework?'.

If someone has the answer to that question they probably have the numbers for tomorrow nights Powerball drawing.

[WGA]
Administrator, Community Department, WG Staff, Retired Community Contributors
251 posts
12,247 battles

End of the day my friends, the CV rework has been in the pipeline for quite some time now. Given this factor, I think its fair to say that we intend to do the right thing for all players and classes in terms of balance and fairness. 
A lot of people currently recognise that that GZ is in an interesting state. It by no means has no weaknesses, but in the hands of a decent CV player, they are hard to find. 

When we saw smoke changes, we saw the option to refund smoke driven premium cruisers that were dramatically affected by these changes. While I know a lot of you are interested in getting on the bridge of the GZ the decision to hold off it sale until the eventual rework and coinciding balancing honestly will be the best for everyone. No one wants to buy a ship that may end up being something completely different to what it is now.

• Cool 6

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
15 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

End of the day my friends, the CV rework has been in the pipeline for quite some time now. Given this factor, I think its fair to say that we intend to do the right thing for all players and classes in terms of balance and fairness. 
A lot of people currently recognise that that GZ is in an interesting state. It by no means has no weaknesses, but in the hands of a decent CV player, they are hard to find. 

When we saw smoke changes, we saw the option to refund smoke driven premium cruisers that were dramatically affected by these changes. While I know a lot of you are interested in getting on the bridge of the GZ the decision to hold off it sale until the eventual rework and coinciding balancing honestly will be the best for everyone. No one wants to buy a ship that may end up being something completely different to what it is now.

Thanks Femennenly for the info, happy to see you at your new job, how is it going so far?

Edited by Chaos_EN2

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,196 posts
3,871 battles

Oh look, WG broke another promise. Big surprise.

Graf Zeppelin will not be sold until after the CV rework = Never happening, because we're never getting a CV rework. They've been paying us this stupid lip service for 2 years, now.

Am I being overly cynical? Maybe. But WG hasn't exactly given me much faith in their competence or integrity.

Edited by KiyoSenkan
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 1

[RSF]
Members
33 posts
6,083 battles
8 minutes ago, cometguy said:

Whoa, didn't know @Femennenly got an upgrade. Surely this must be a good sign.

Yeah huge upgrade for her got about a month ago

Members
9,864 posts
33 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

If WG is actually interested in balance, why would they ever release OP ships like GZ/Nikolai/Payfast/Kutz/Guilio in the first place?:Smile_amazed:

[DERP]
Members
15 posts
4,525 battles

I hope the rework is worth the wait. I like CVs. I want to play them. I'm not great in them and when I do play them it's usually not more than twice in a day due to the stress of missing a strafe or getting tunnel vision for 10 seconds followed by the inevitable ire.

[ERN]
[ERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,101 posts
4,223 battles
56 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

something tells me you have seen the CV reworks or least ideas of it. but can't share it with us due to NDA. :fish_glass:

Members
339 posts
8,794 battles
27 minutes ago, awiggin said:

If WG is actually interested in balance, why would they ever release OP ships like GZ/Nikolai/Payfast/Kutz/Guilio in the first place?:Smile_amazed:

Kutuzov is not as op as cesare, payfast etc.  It is only borderline which is a big difference.

Edited by Destroyer_Hagikaze