Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

6 comments in this topic

[KP]
Members
2,015 posts
18,493 battles

Would you pay extra for a premium skin for a ship u already own?

Say for instance with Mass coming would you buy the ship and then buy the premium skin to make it one of her sisters? 

It would save on a lot of R&D from WGing side. With them releasing "funny" captains you can just straight up buy why not this? I would be interested in a skin turning the Arizona into the Pennsylvania or when Cossack comes out a skin with the hull number and camo for say HMS Gurkha.

Just a thought I have seen tossed about on other threads just wanted to give the idea it's own thread.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,979 posts
12,488 battles

The idea is nice but there are logistical problems with this. For example, would the Cossack wearing a Ghurka skin be listed as Cossack or Ghurka in the team list? Would there be a filter so you can choose to see it as Cossack or Ghurka? Would a Ghurka skin for Cossack preclude the chance of an actual Ghurka being included in the game as premium or tech tree ship? What if someone has paid money for a Ghurka skin and WG then comes out with a separate premium Ghurka? What if there are physical differences between two sister ships that go beyond cosmetic, like AA, gun angles, armor profiles, etc?

If WG can solve all these small speedbumps I'm all for it.

• Cool 1

[HAG]
Beta Testers
318 posts
4,072 battles

I think it is a dangerous idea how much would they charge for a skin that is on top of the price of the base ship as well

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,239 posts
2 hours ago, IronMike11B4O said:

Would you pay extra for a premium skin for a ship u already own?

Say for instance with Mass coming would you buy the ship and then buy the premium skin to make it one of her sisters? 

It would save on a lot of R&D from WGing side. With them releasing "funny" captains you can just straight up buy why not this? I would be interested in a skin turning the Arizona into the Pennsylvania or when Cossack comes out a skin with the hull number and camo for say HMS Gurkha.

Just a thought I have seen tossed about on other threads just wanted to give the idea it's own thread.

They made a crapton on space camos at ~$40 each. This wouldn't require models so if they do they should be substantially cheaper but surely welcome.

[PNGYN]
Members
490 posts
2,993 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

The idea is nice but there are logistical problems with this. For example, would the Cossack wearing a Ghurka skin be listed as Cossack or Ghurka in the team list? Would there be a filter so you can choose to see it as Cossack or Ghurka? Would a Ghurka skin for Cossack preclude the chance of an actual Ghurka being included in the game as premium or tech tree ship? What if someone has paid money for a Ghurka skin and WG then comes out with a separate premium Ghurka? What if there are physical differences between two sister ships that go beyond cosmetic, like AA, gun angles, armor profiles, etc?

If WG can solve all these small speedbumps I'm all for it.

Couldn't they put in a similar system to the ARP ships? You can disable those easily enough and they show up simply as "Kongo" or "Atago" in the team lists. 

And I think what OP is getting at is that by releasing the skins, there would be no other ships of that class (or at least of the same name). At least that's how I understand it given the line of "it would save on a lot of R&D" .

I guess that would only work if the ships didn't provide any bonuses? 

I hope this isn't violating the forum rules (I don't think it is since I am not promoting, just paralleling?), but War Thunder has a skin system where you can unlock an historic skin by playing the game. It doesn't change any parameters of the plane, just outward appearance. 
Could be an interesting idea to look at. 

Sign in to follow this