You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Khafni

Another (minor) milestone, for what it's worth...

16 comments in this topic

[FOXEH]
Members
3,320 posts
11,836 battles

Karma. I set a "goal" when they introduced it to get mine to 300. Seemed like a good number to strive for. So now that I have gotten there I only have satisfaction from achieving the goal. You get karma for good play and good manners. It is a point system that recognizes desirable effort. Still no indication from WG on what the plans are for karma but a few things I would like to see tied to it.

1. Coal, or better yet, steel. From what I have read this "commodity" will come from clan achievements, some missions, crates. Why not as a reward for good behavior.

2. Doubloons would also be nice.

3. Even (real) supercontainers with a higher chance for ship drop, doubloons, high credit amounts or high elite/free XP amounts.

Set any of these rewards on reaching target numbers. Maybe at 50, 100, 300, 500, and 1,000 karma. Make the rewards larger at each stage. And if you implement something like this make sure those who have passed one or more of the reward levels get the cumulative rewards!

Still having fun and going on three years of play. Keep it up WG!

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
18,904 posts
12,441 battles

Karma is easy to farm. Just count in with your friends and spread out karma among them, too easy to abuse.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
7 minutes ago, Lert said:

Karma is easy to farm. Just count in with your friends and spread out karma among them, too easy to abuse.

If only I had some of those...

[CK5]
Members
781 posts
6,184 battles
1 hour ago, _ENO_ said:

If only I had some of those...

Me too.  I play 100% solo and have not divisioned with anyone in a couple of years so I try to earn Karma the old-fashioned way (waits for John Houseman's tagline). 

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

Turning karma into a currency is ripe for abuse, and people love griefing. I'd rather it just stay a meaningless indicator of how others generally perceive you.

• Cool 1

[SF-A]
Members
2,847 posts
5,547 battles

No, it wouldn't be too easy to abuse. As long as the rewards are one-time achievements, to farm out 200 karma by sync-dropping for a few containers will take forever. Apparently we've forgotten that there's a limit to compliments.

Members
4,441 posts
6,137 battles
2 hours ago, PrairiePlayer said:

Me too.  I play 100% solo and have not divisioned with anyone in a couple of years so I try to earn Karma the old-fashioned way (waits for John Houseman's tagline). 

I to am a lone wolf...100% solo random. That's just the way I like it.  

By the way this is off-topic but I see you are from the great state of Minnesota. I took my daughter fishing lots when she was growing up.  She now 35 and lives in Chicago and wants to do some serious fishing with me this summer for a vacation. Anywhere you might suggest in Minnesota?  I looked at Pelican Lake...very very expensive. Any ideas? 

You got some monster fish up there.  I from S Ohio.

[CK5]
Members
781 posts
6,184 battles
19 minutes ago, dmckay said:

I to am a lone wolf...100% solo random. That's just the way I like it.  

By the way this is off-topic but I see you are from the great state of Minnesota. I took my daughter fishing lots when she was growing up.  She now 35 and lives in Chicago and wants to do some serious fishing with me this summer for a vacation. Anywhere you might suggest in Minnesota?  I looked at Pelican Lake...very very expensive. Any ideas? 

You got some monster fish up there.  I from S Ohio.

Unfortunately, I am not a fisherman so I really can't help you (yeah, I know, strange, kind of like living in Texas and hating beef).  There are a ton of fishing resorts around Brainerd and Grand Rapids but you might look at the following links for some ideas:

https://www.mnfishingconnections.com/our-favorites/

https://www.resortsandlodges.com/resort-type/fishing-resorts/usa/minnesota/

[TBW]
Members
6,319 posts
11,869 battles
1 hour ago, pewpewpew42 said:

Apparently we've forgotten that there's a limit to compliments.

Don't you get an extra Karma vote for every 100 karma you have?

29 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Anywhere you might suggest in Minnesota?

I suggest Hawaii, No fishing license's and the fish are much much larger. Then of course the weather, and mosquito factor.

Minnesota State Bird,650x350_mosquito_borne_illnesses_slideshow.jpg.ee3f3aecd7dd60aba71c9938a2282172.jpg 

Hawaii State Bird,

hawaii-helicopter-tours-cat.jpg.67fbdf7b8f26276579010df2e32f423a.jpg

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Members
4,441 posts
6,137 battles
6 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Don't you get an extra Karma vote for every 100 karma you have?

I suggest Hawaii, No fishing license's and the fish are much much larger. Then of course the weather, and mosquito factor.

Minnesota State Bird,650x350_mosquito_borne_illnesses_slideshow.jpg.ee3f3aecd7dd60aba71c9938a2282172.jpg 

Hawaii State Bird,

hawaii-helicopter-tours-cat.jpg.67fbdf7b8f26276579010df2e32f423a.jpg

Love to go there but she does not have enough time off to make it worthwhile. Besides I do not want her and I to die from being fried by all that Lava ya got flowing! :Smile_sad:

Members
4,441 posts
6,137 battles
13 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

Unfortunately, I am not a fisherman so I really can't help you (yeah, I know, strange, kind of like living in Texas and hating beef).  There are a ton of fishing resorts around Brainerd and Grand Rapids but you might look at the following links for some ideas:

https://www.mnfishingconnections.com/our-favorites/

https://www.resortsandlodges.com/resort-type/fishing-resorts/usa/minnesota/

Tks. Hmmm don't fish in the land of a thousand lakes is kinda like living in the South and not liking grits, Southern fried chicken, and catfish. Ha!

[FOXEH]
Members
3,320 posts
11,836 battles
3 hours ago, PrairiePlayer said:

You've never been able to give division mates karma. WG did get that right. They could also extend the same restrictions to clan mates. That's where you might see some control of the possible abuse. Clan battle participants could only compliment worthy adversaries. How often would that happen?

4 hours ago, Lert said:

Easy to farm? How do you farm it? Is positive karma a "dead end" with no outlet? WG sure uses negative karma (reporting) to make judgements.

[TBW]
Members
6,319 posts
11,869 battles
3 minutes ago, dmckay said:

the land of a thousand lakes

Land of 10,000 lakes but Wisconsin has more lakes than MN. Good fishing anywhere in MN really, Boundary Waters Canoe Area is pretty and out of the way. There are lots of lakes near the Twin Cities though too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boundary_Waters_Canoe_Area_Wilderness

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,872 posts
10,416 battles

Lately I've gotten more reports than compliments. I say nothing in chat, I just play, and then I come top of team and leave the game reported 3 times.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,904 posts
12,441 battles
5 minutes ago, Khafni said:

How do you farm it?

v

4 hours ago, Lert said:

Just count in with your friends and spread out karma among them

It would be peanuts for someone in a clan to organize a count in among clan members and just throw out 'plays well' compliments at them whenever they end up in the game battle, while receiving them in return. Even with limited compliments, just count in with three other people for five battles and presto, 15 additional karma.

"Just make it so that compliments from people in the same clan don't count"

That's a possibility, but doesn't eliminate karma farming entirely.

5 minutes ago, Khafni said:

WG sure uses negative karma (reporting) to make judgements.

The in-game reporting system is mostly a placebo, with the exception of misbehaviour in chat, sufficient reports of that type leads to automated chat bans.

[TBW]
Members
6,319 posts
11,869 battles
3 minutes ago, Khafni said:

Easy to farm? How do you farm it? Is positive karma a "dead end" with no outlet? WG sure uses negative karma (reporting) to make judgements.

Farm Karma in operations, when you have a 5 star battle, announce that you are going to compliment the whole team. This will usually garner 1, 2 or more compliments.