You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Akashi_Nyan

Small question about Arsenal roster

15 comments in this topic

[LEGIT]
Members
387 posts
6,142 battles

I know we will be able to buy ships with coal ( Musashi, Okt Rev etc.) and with steel ( flint, black etc). The question is:

Will these purchases be available PERMANENTLY (aka the roster wont change and new ships will be added later on) or will they change ones in a while like in the premium shop?

Edited by KAGA_kaini

[HYDRO]
Members
1,274 posts
3,653 battles

The way the "ship" section is worded doesn't leave any ambiguous meaning. That said, I believe we will have a ship rotation depending on the premium ship sales WG wants to make via coal. I don't think the steel ships will be rotated however, especially if you take into account the difficulty of earning steel.

Community Department
2,002 posts
498 battles
4 minutes ago, KAGA_kaini said:

I know we will be able to buy ships with coal ( Musashi, Okt Rev etc.) and with steel ( flint, black etc). The question will these purchases be PERMANENT (aka the roster wont change and new ships will be added later on) or will they change ones in a while?

The roster will be changeable. There would be an article with details on the Portal later. 

• Cool 1

Members
2,117 posts
4,727 battles

Once this system's implemented you'll be able to grind for the Tier 10 Spanish heavy cruiser Nacho Monreal, hull number 18.

I find WG's implementation of such a system to be interesting. The first thing it reminds me of is Kancolle. However, it would be good for WG to consider the repercussions of such a system if good ships like Flint and etc. are made more readily accessible. Because we all know that there are many who fail their way long enough and eventually they'll get their hands on these ships.

[O7]
Members
4,921 posts
8,751 battles

Changeable, probably why they have reduced the doubloon available ships, so they have enough for both.

[LEGIT]
Members
387 posts
6,142 battles
8 minutes ago, turbo07 said:

The roster will be changeable. There would be an article with details on the Portal later. 

Ok. That clarifies it. Thank you for your response. SO I will be in a tight time window to get enough coal for Musashi.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,682 posts
3,870 battles
1 minute ago, Pulicat said:

Changeable, probably why they have reduced the doubloon available ships, so they have enough for both.

This is almost certainly why they pulled the Yubari from the in-game tech doubloon tree, given that she's now becoming a coal ship.

I almost bought the Campbeltown last week; I'm now glad I didn't. That being said, if you got one bag of coal a day in containers it would take 65 days to earn her, the Aigle would take 165 days and the Musashi would take a little under two years. So either the rotation rate is going to be pretty low (or easily earnable ships will be rotated out once people have had a fair chance to get them), or other methods of accumulating coal will allow much faster acquisition and purchase.

I currently have 2380 oil earned, which will translate to 11,900 coal when it's converted. That's a huge chunk out of the Campbeltown and nearly 1/4 of the way to an Aigle. I am very interested to see exactly how this is going to work. Full details are awaited with interest.

[O7]
Members
4,921 posts
8,751 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

This is almost certainly why they pulled the Yubari from the in-game tech doubloon tree, given that she's now becoming a coal ship.

I almost bought the Campbeltown last week; I'm now glad I didn't. That being said, if you got one bag of coal a day in containers it would take 65 days to earn her, the Aigle would take 165 days and the Musashi would take a little under two years. So either the rotation rate is going to be pretty low (or easily earnable ships will be rotated out once people have had a fair chance to get them), or other methods of accumulating coal will allow much faster acquisition and purchase.

I currently have 2380 oil earned, which will translate to 11,900 coal when it's converted. That's a huge chunk out of the Campbeltown and nearly 1/4 of the way to an Aigle. I am very interested to see exactly how this is going to work. Full details are awaited with interest.

I'd wager for coal rewarded from event missions, ranked levels, campaigns etc. I doubt it will be forever limited to containers.

[LEGIT]
Members
387 posts
6,142 battles

I got 7870 oil so it will be 39,350 coal for me... And since Musashi is 176k coal it will be a long grind.... Unless if WG decided to change the oil conversion form 1 oil - 5 coal to 1 oil - 10 coal. It will give enough time for people to purchase the ships they want before the roster gets refreshed.

Edited by KAGA_kaini

[ARGSY]
Members
5,682 posts
3,870 battles
Just now, Pulicat said:

I doubt it will be forever limited to containers.

So do I, but I'm working from what we know and hoping for more details to be available soon. Right now we have people flipping their gourd because they're making judgements on the basis of the absence of information. 

[LEGIT]
Members
387 posts
6,142 battles
5 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

I'd wager for coal rewarded from event missions, ranked levels, campaigns etc. I doubt it will be forever limited to containers.

True to this. Regular container will give 300 coal and super containers will give 15k coal if you get lucky. Also try your luck containers will give you 700 coal. + there will be mission rewards 2.

And since we got Halsy campaign SCs we can get at max of 120k ( 15k X 8 )coal if you get lucky with all 8 SCs that you get rewared

Edited by KAGA_kaini

[TOG]
Members
2,340 posts
14,499 battles

I'm more interested on how steel will be eventually earned.

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
6,910 battles
1 hour ago, KAGA_kaini said:

True to this. Regular container will give 300 coal and super containers will give 15k coal if you get lucky. Also try your luck containers will give you 700 coal. + there will be mission rewards 2.

And since we got Halsy campaign SCs we can get at max of 120k ( 15k X 8 )coal if you get lucky with all 8 SCs that you get rewared

You only get 6. The first task gives american arc container and last give halsey

[PVE]
Members
8,769 posts
7,225 battles
22 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

I'm more interested on how steel will be eventually earned.

Here is what was in the news article.

At the moment, Steel will be given for completing Combat Missions in Clan Battles; in future, you'll be able to earn it in other battle types. In addition, 1,500 Steel can be obtained from Supercontainers.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
2 hours ago, turbo07 said:

COOL I was hoping that, thanks turbo07.:Smile_honoring: