You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RacerDemon

I know its not the weekend...

7 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
940 posts
5,175 battles

But been having games like this all day.....its frustrating :cap_viking:

shot-18.06.19_04.14.49-0648.jpg

shot-18.06.19_04.14.58-0701.jpg

Members
2,120 posts
4,735 battles

Welcome to Summerland, where the kids and potatoes dance in joy. I feel you, really do. I've had some decent / good games in the last couple of days, but overall it's been a rough patch since the start of the last ranked season and it's gotten worse since the start of this month. I'm no unicum, I'm only a light green PR player.

For a lot of these bad players, being mean to them won't help. I'm starting to get convinced that even being nice to them, albeit firmly taking the stance of criticism, won't help either. No matter how you try to get your message across, it's a big middle finger from them because they just want to "have fun", smack talk, "blow stuff up", and have a threesome with multiple confirmed penetrations at the same time they're playing.

I'm not that qualified to give advice beyond a somewhat rudimentary level, and it feels strange to be a strategist when I'm not even that good of a player myself. However, compared to a large chunk I'm already well above them. I've also been seeing lots of..... um, "interesting" plays lately. It was both good and bad for the game to be released on Steam. Good because having new players, and therefore new life in the game, is a sign that the game's healthy. Bad, because apparently the developers think it's good to give bundles with mid-tier premium ships to Steam players that have absolutely no experience and are much more likely to be "casual" (AKA "not so good") than you and me, and many of us here. Well at least these new players from Steam aren't getting access to premiums like the Tirpitz, Atago, or Belfast, but what do you think? Will the "average" player be more likely to think: "I got a new ship, I'm going to figure out its strengths and weaknesses and try to see if I can handle it at least somewhat well", or will he be more likely to think: "OOOHHH!! I just bought this shiny new ship! Now I'm going to shoot some stuff!"

Edited by Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu
  • Funny 1

Alpha Tester
940 posts
5,175 battles
5 minutes ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

Welcome to Summerland, where the kids and potatoes dance in joy. I feel you, really do. I've had some decent / good games in the last couple of days, but overall it's been a rough patch since the start of the last ranked season and it's gotten worse since the start of this month. I'm no unicum, I'm only a light green PR player.

For a lot of these bad players, being mean to them won't help. I'm starting to get convinced that even being nice to them, albeit firmly taking the stance of criticism, won't help either. No matter how you try to get your message across, it's a big middle finger from them because they just want to "have fun", smack talk, "blow stuff up", and have a threesome with multiple confirmed penetrations at the same time they're playing.

Glad I am not the only one 

[SW]
Beta Testers
1,886 posts
8,176 battles

Seems pretty normal given the season.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
2 hours ago, RacerDemon said:

Glad I am not the only one 

Yeah it is the same in Co-Op right now, normally I play around 1-2AM EST in the morning (just before work) so I am used to being in games with Zero to Four Human players.

But when school is out I see Full Human Teams, which is not always a good thing:Smile_facepalm:

[TOG]
Members
2,380 posts
14,655 battles
3 hours ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

This. It's been tough. It's kinda sad when you lose in a match (T4) where you had  done 102k in damage, fragged 7 ships and no one else on your side sunk even 1. These are times when not even playing an OP ship will win a match. 

[D12]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,065 posts
8,857 battles

Currently playing another game and off on being on here.   Nice little break.