You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BusterXXXX

suggestion: no CVs in divisions

11 comments in this topic

[R-F]
Members
34 posts
12,180 battles

I understand that CVs are going to be fixed, yada yada.  But I think the CV class should be exposed to random MM just like everyone else.  To solve the problem of high tier CV divisions breaking the MM and giving a massive advantage, I propose that CVs be forced to play solo.  CVs are already a poor game design overall by WG...one that they are currently unable to fix.  But preventing the CV + 2 AA boats divisions would help the overall meta.

• Cool 7
  • Bad 5

[SYN]
Members
14,344 posts
10,204 battles

How bout CV div should only go up against CV div and solo CV should only go up against solo CV?

• Cool 4

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,478 posts
8,034 battles
23 minutes ago, BusterXXXX said:

I understand that CVs are going to be fixed, yada yada.  But I think the CV class should be exposed to random MM just like everyone else.  To solve the problem of high tier CV divisions breaking the MM and giving a massive advantage, I propose that CVs be forced to play solo.  CVs are already a poor game design overall by WG...one that they are currently unable to fix.  But preventing the CV + 2 AA boats divisions would help the overall meta.

Better suggestion: play a single player game if co-operative play is too much for you? The game is too anti-social anti-reward enough as it is. We dont need further restrictions on pre-cohesion on the same team.

Edited by Crokodone
  • Bad 3

[STW-D]
Members
1,831 posts
5,651 battles

CV divisions should face other CV divisions.

In addition, should there be at least one division mate that is a tier higher than the CV, that CV will be treated as a CV of the highest tier. In other words, a Kaga that divisions with a Kutuzov and Kidd may end up facing an Enterprise instead :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

[C-HAG]
Members
481 posts
7,690 battles
2 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

Bettwr suggestion: play a single player game if co-operative play is too much for you? The game is too anti-social anti-reward enough as it is. We dont need further restrictions on pre-cohesion on the same team.

Not if your reward is based on exploiting broken game mechanics and designs; therefore make the game environment unhealthy. 

The game design is flawed for CV gameplay because a RTS game should have skill-based MM.

In addition, the CV allows for 788, 455 divs that just breaks the normal MM  (You will never get into T10 games unless the enemy is doing the same). 

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,478 posts
8,034 battles
1 minute ago, Plaatduutsch said:

Not if your reward is based on exploiting broken game mechanics and designs; therefore make the game environment unhealthy. 

The game design is flawed for CV gameplay because a RTS game should have skill-based MM.

In addition, the CV allows for 788, 455 divs that just breaks the normal MM  (You will never get into T10 games unless the enemy is doing the same). 

Except it is skilled based gameplay. More skilled than destroyers and every otger class combined. Like usn cruisers queuing with usn destroyers or Des Moines and Minotaur +Moskva divisions. MMOs are about over coming and capitalising. 

If a CV player runs with his buddies. I stronglg suggest you invest some captain pointa into AA and run with buddies of your own.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[C-HAG]
Members
481 posts
7,690 battles
7 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

Except it is skilled based gameplay. More skilled than destroyers and every otger class combined. Like usn cruisers queuing with usn destroyers or Des Moines and Minotaur +Moskva divisions. MMOs are about over coming and capitalising. 

If a CV player runs with his buddies. I stronglg suggest you invest some captain pointa into AA and run with buddies of your own.

There is no effective communication with people with vested interests. 

I did not deny that CV is a skill-based game play at all. What I am suggesting is that a skill-based RTS game play requires correct MM: skill-based MM

CV gameplay is different from other class. It is a RTS game. 

You do not get to fight with a bronze league player with your super league status in most RTS games. 

Edited by Plaatduutsch

[R-F]
Members
34 posts
12,180 battles
33 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

AA is not skill based.

[-AA-]
Members
1,727 posts
6,657 battles

I think the pick hydro or DFAA before battle sucks, together with the OP AA some ships have.

edit; the entire AA mechanics are weird.

Edited by LemonadeWarrior

Members
2,156 posts
4,848 battles

or they could at least fix it so that divisions with a CV have to be the same tier.

but i agree something should be done about it. i don't see it happening too often, but when it does it really messes with the balance.