Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Summon3r

why does t6 get EFFED by mm?

39 comments in this topic

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
1,914 posts
3,304 battles

If you think that's bad, at tier 8, all you'll see is tier 10s...

I personally don't mind: Damage ships of a higher tier than your own, equates to more experience and credits.

• Cool 1

[NAVY]
Members
999 posts
3,720 battles

Although, I understand it is all a matter of perspective, tier 6 is not near as bad as tier 5 or tier 8 as far as up-tiering is concerned, especially tier 8.

Members
449 posts
12,223 battles

Maybe I have been "lucky" lately in tier 5, as lately I have seen a steady diet of tier 4-5 MM. With the cruiser/CV missions there are always 4 cv's in the match and most of the games are stomps one way or the other.

I have complained long and loud in the past for a +1/-1 MM, but with all of these rollovers I am missing the tier 7 matches where people sort of know what they are doing and the matches are a little more competitive on average.

Members
0 posts

They "fixed" MM so it will be kinder to T5 recently, as MM hated T5!

So....T6 is now the new B*tch.

Edited by Minah_Bang

[SYN]
Members
14,379 posts
10,239 battles

Because T6 has a potential to enter into

• T5-6
  • T5-7
  • T6-8

And then T7/8 seems to be a rather popular tier to play in.

[VW]
Members
1,842 posts
12,290 battles
1 hour ago, Minah_Bang said:

They "fixed" MM so it will be kinder to T5 recently, as MM hated T5!

So....T6 is now the new B*tch.

Keep in mind that missions have now begun require tier 6 ships. As this keeps creeping ever higher maybe mm will be better for each tier excluded from missions...?

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,714 posts
9,486 battles

OP should see me playing my Emile Bertin in t7 matches. I don't complain, I farm dam for credit, xp and FreeXP

so I don't know why ppl complaining

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,714 posts
9,486 battles
56 minutes ago, Plaatduutsch said:

There are something worse: tier  5

2 hours ago, Summon3r said:

whats with t6?

my respond

t5

Ij4LfLw.jpg

Members
2,120 posts
4,735 battles

Because MM is really desperate and can't control its urges. It doesn't think with its head but with its..... (insert).

Tiers 5 and 6 have been in a bad spot since the MM changes resulting in Tiers 3 and 4 only seeing +1 MM. Tier 5 is a lot worse than Tier 6, at Tier 6 you still get a fair number of Tier 5/6 matches, and Tier 6 ships don't have too much trouble against Tier 7 when played well. Against Tier 8, however, it's a real pain. Tier 6 sees Tier 5-7 matches around half the time, so you'll be seeing lots of Tier 7s.

-Warspite and Queen Elizabeth with their 15" guns can overmatch everything at Tier 7. So can Bayern but its 15" guns are inferior to Warspite / QE. New Mexico and Fuso might struggle more but 12 14" shells can easily kill cruisers and do well against broadside battleships. Same applies to Normandie.

-Old Cleveland with IFHE had no problems at Tier 7, it could reliably deal heavy damage to all Tier 7 BBs, though the USN and British ones were the easiest to hit due to their fat hulls and superstructure. Japanese battleships were also easy to hit because of their pagoda style superstructures.

-Nurnberg, Aoba, the French one, Duca etc. struggle more. Budyonny has no problems because it can just spam HE at range.

-Not too sure about destroyers.

Edited by Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu
  • Cool 1

[HYDRO]
Members
1,326 posts
3,669 battles
1 hour ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

It depends heavily on the lineup of each team. Then it also comes down to torpedo ranges, since most T6 DDs aside from Fubuki and Hatsuharu have max 8km ranges. Radar is still manageable. The real issues when facing T8 arise when you start encountering tier VIII DDs that are stealthier, some faster, or specialized in specific roles. I have both played in Akizuki vs tier VI and been on the helm of one, and I have to say it is a terrifying experience.

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,648 posts
14,025 battles

Tier V-VI gets screwed over because Imperator Nikolai I in Tier IV needed MM protection :Smile_glasses:

3 hours ago, MrDeaf said:

Because T6 has a potential to enter into

• T5-6
  • T5-7
  • T6-8

And then T7/8 seems to be a rather popular tier to play in.

Lots of reasons Tier VIII is great.  A number of the most popular ships are in Tier VIII such as Bismarck and Tirpitz.  Tirpitz is so popular, we had "Tirpocalypse" where entire team rosters for a while were filled by nothing but Tirpitz.  She's still the most played Premium Ship.  It incidentally is where BBs and DDs start becoming much fiercer than tier previous tiered brethren.  Most especially DDs since they access CSM1, and even USN DDs suddenly become Ninjas like IJN DDs, which didn't happen in prior tiers.  You also have the comedy of something like Akizuki ambushing and machinegunning poor Tier VI-VII DDs.

Spoiler

Tier VIII DDs going to work against Tier VI-VII DDs

ZrJiCY.gif

Benson vs lower tier DDs.

Enterprise, Shokaku, Graf Zeppelin feasting on Tier VI-VII ships.  Even Lexington, which is a POS CV, can do a number on German BBs.  Tier VIII CV attacking Arizona, New Mexico, Fuso, Mutsu.  Some of these VI BBs have such poor AA, they may as well strap a sailor to a mast with a pistol to try and shoot down bombers! :Smile_teethhappy:

Premiums?  Tier VIII is stacked with popular choices, some of which are deadly effective.  Lo Yang, Kutuzov, Alabama, Enterprise, Tirpitz, etc.  When they get to be top tier, it's comedic.  

VIII is a really cool spot with solid choices.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[O_O]
Members
4,335 posts
9,298 battles
4 hours ago, Plaatduutsch said:

T6 is decent.

There are something worse: tier  5

The worst: T8

In my last 392 games in T6, I was bottom tier in 122, or 31%.  Not bad.

You are right, tier 5 is worse.  In my last 163 games in T5, I was bottom tier in 109, or 67%.  Ouch.  BUT, a lot of those games did not have ANY tier 7's.  So, bottom tier but only -1 tier.

T8 is the worst?  Only if you remove T5 from the equation, and even then it isn't bad.  In my case at least, perception was not reality.  In my last 324 games in T8, I was bottom tier in 126, or 39%.

[WOLFB]
Members
1,668 posts
8,052 battles

T5 is for me the worst tier.

Except some premium like Kamikaze or Gulio Cesare, most T5 ship are just food for T7. Omaha get destroyed by New Orlean, Furutaka, while having decent armor and speed doesn't have enough range to engage target, Kirov is paper. 

T6 is ok I guess, not too bad.

T7 is in a really good position. But at the same time, there are too many premium in that tier, I no longer have fun here.

T8 is one of my favorite tier. People complain about always being bottom tier when playing T8 ship but personally, I think most ship at this tier can handle T10 ship fairly well. It's easier to sink a Yamato with a Charles Martel than killing a Nagato with Emile Bertin  You need at least a 14 pt captain (which is already a huge investement) to do it. It's easier to deal with T9-10 BB in a Kagerou compared to a Mutsuki trying to deal with T6-7 BB.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,714 posts
9,486 battles

Lets try it again with a t5 as bottom tier

BOOM!

ymFHv6S.jpg

and again

8ZcmVs0.jpg

Edited by ObiwankzKenobi

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

Lately I feel like I've been bottom tier a lot unless I am in tier 9 or 10. Could be a bias memory. Either way, it also feels like people are playing at a tier higher than they normally do, because being bottom tier hasn't been as difficult for me to deal with. A Des Moines is a great ship in the right hands, and a devastating strike within 5 minutes in the wrong hands.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

Enjoy the challenge. While it is great knocking out Tier VI ships in Ryujo, I enjoy it more when fighting Tier VIII ships that can knock me out of the sky.

[YORHA]
Members
3,260 posts
6 hours ago, ObiwankzKenobi said:

my respond

t5

1 hour ago, ObiwankzKenobi said:

BOOM!

and again

OK... now try that in a New York, or any other ship that isn't universally recognised as OP.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,828 posts
3,974 battles
1 hour ago, ObiwankzKenobi said:

Yes, but the Giulio has a deserved reputation as a special case at that tier. I would be interested to hear from anyone who's fail-divisioned her up to a battle with Tier 8's as to how well she copes there.

[SYN]
Members
509 posts
5,971 battles
8 hours ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

Shinome, Hatsuharu, Fubuki all do well at Tier 6. Mutsuku and Minikaze also do well. 

With all the CA/CV missions, DD's have been more interesting this week.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,692 posts
10,025 battles

T6 is generally ok 5-6-7 MM is fine.

If T6 saw T8 all the time then T8 wouldn't be seeing T10, which it is.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,781 posts
12,906 battles
13 hours ago, Counter_Gambit said:

If you think that's bad, at tier 8, all you'll see is tier 10s...

Yeah...it goes like this:

Player gets to T6..."Wow....what's all these T8s I'm up against...man, I can't wait to get to T8"!

Player gets to T7:  "Cool, now I'm not the T6 punching bag anymore...but I still can't wait to get to T8 and own those T6s big time"!

Player gets to T8:  [Rubbing hands together in anticipation of crushing those T6] "Now, it's my turn to rule the roost"!  [Hit the battle button, relishing the moment.....]  "OMG WTH WTH OMG WTH  WHERE DID ALL THESE T10s COME FROM"?

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
13 hours ago, Summon3r said:

whats with t6?? all i see are t8

Effed? Think of it this way the Older ladies want your Long Ship. Play it right and you get the prize. 

Sign in to follow this