You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
CylonRed

Ok, Ok - I like the Richelieu

12 comments in this topic

Members
3,412 posts
6,072 battles

Done with non-premium account but I can't be unhappy with it.  #1 on my team with it and starting to learn to force other players out.  WR with it is nice at 56% after 55 battles and only 3 oother ships I have done more - Miss with1871,33:  Bis with 157,126 , and Colorado with 149,369

World of Warships - Richelieu - 144654.PNG

Edited by CylonRed
  • Cool 1

Members
3,774 posts

I dunno though I just kinda got bored with it.

Members
3,412 posts
6,072 battles

I have successfully done more pushing around of other ships partially to see if I can do it or because I have to since the team is handing back.  The other day on Neighbors with a standard battle that the team fled one flank - even though the minimap showed 2 DDs coming around.  I was on the other end of the map and swung back around and found the DDs and had to remove them from the game - took one or two torps total.  Good amount of fun and satisfaction...

[WPP]
Members
455 posts
5,100 battles
8 minutes ago, SuperSpud1 said:

I dunno though I just kinda got bored with it.

What about it was boring?  I'm on the Lyon right now and thought the Richelieu looked like a lot of fun.

Members
3,774 posts

I'm not sure I'm just ADHD when it comes to ships.  I guess it was the simple fact because I couldn't really hit anything with it until I got up close lol.  Plus I'm enjoy the Kieve a little too much.

• Cool 1

Members
3,412 posts
6,072 battles
16 minutes ago, SuperSpud1 said:

I'm not sure I'm just ADHD when it comes to ships.  I guess it was the simple fact because I couldn't really hit anything with it until I got up close lol.  Plus I'm enjoy the Kieve a little too much.

I had to adjust my aiming a bit to not lead quite as much as I was used to.  If a cruiser captain is being lazy and does not notice me from 20 KM away and they are broadside and straight - they are gonna get hurt and this happens - fairly often.  IJN cruisers are probably the hardest to hit.  Deleting Atlanta's at 15 KM is a joy. 

It also takes a different kind of play - less turning since you have no rear gun.  I have learned the art of backing up if I get too deep and then recovering.  It helps I am not up-tiered all of the time and then when I am only 1 of 4 total tier 8 ship - it takes a bit of work to not die early.  GK and Rebub eats its lunch while laughing off its AP and HE. 

[TBW]
Members
6,342 posts
11,884 battles

She is a beast in Operation Hermes. I ground all of the XP for Alsace in 4 days. I left her with full secondary build and left the captain in her just for when Hermes come around.

Members
11 posts
4,539 battles

:etc_swear: the Riche is the only BB I have bumped and free xp'd on from after being spoiled by the Lyon... I kind feel those eight rounds leaving the barrels all had a mind of their own once they departed.. I did get a few fires burning but not enough to warm to this ship.. the Alsace..? now thats another story :-)

• Cool 1

Members
3,412 posts
6,072 battles

I am doing better in the Rich than the Lyon so I am biased.  It is a cruiser deleter - took out a Des Moines in 3 salvos - it was broadside and the 2nd salvo barely hit.  I am inconsistent in it but then I am inconsistent in every ship.

Members
2 posts
1,572 battles
On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 6:49 PM, CylonRed said:

Done with non-premium account but I can't be unhappy with it.  #1 on my team with it and starting to learn to force other players out.  WR with it is nice at 56% after 55 battles and only 3 oother ships I have done more - Miss with1871,33:  Bis with 157,126 , and Colorado with 149,369

World of Warships - Richelieu - 144654.PNG

Hey Cylonred!  So glad you love using the Richelieu, in fact, I'm starting to enjoy it as well.  So far I've sunk two ships in a battle, chased down a cruiser, and completely demolished another cruiser within seconds.  By the way, If you ever want to do a battle with me, my Gamertag is SmilyTheblueknight.  It could be possible, that I'm battling to get the next battleship in the rank, but just know that it would be a pleasure to battle alongside you.  I'm glad to see you're enjoying the ship, see you out their Captain(:

[CVA16]
Members
2,174 posts
9,626 battles

Just wondering,  did WG nerf the Richelieu along with the Alsace? Seems like suddenly I have a hell of a time hitting things. Shells fly off in near random directions. I think the drunk secondary gunners have been moved into the main battery.

Addendum: Just had a game. Alabama ran aground broadside 9.5k in front of me. Two salvos. 1 hit. wth???

Edited by Sabot_100

[HRG]
Members
30 posts
3,711 battles

I am also finding that shells go all over the place sometimes i will get a good shot and do good damage then the next time it is all over the place and lucky to get one hit. I am playing the stock hull does it get better with the upgrade hull.