You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Inducting the Next Generation.

11 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
5,743 posts
3,912 battles

Yesterday it was Fathers' Day here in Canada, and my eight-year-old gave me a thing he'd done at school in which he had to write down his favourite memory of his dad. "Him teaching me how to use aircraft carriers in World of Warships." (In the training room, against disarmed bots.)

Aww.

Tonight was the final night of the 0.7.6 Public Test Server (extended by popular demand!), and I realised I still had the Yamato, which I had earned in PTS 7.6 phase one. And I still needed to play three missions to get some of the phase 2 rewards, at least one in a Tier X ship.

Hmm.

So I fired up the Yamato in a co-op battle, told him I was about to let him control the biggest battleship ever built, sat him behind the controls, and urged him on. "I'll have to remember all that I've learned," he said in a small serious voice as he charged into battle, for the first time ever against opposition that both moves and shoots back. 

I admit I coached him a little bit, reminding him to allow lead and occasionally suggesting how much, and instructing him how to deal with a tricky opponent at one point. But with the exception of me pushing the key to launch the catapult fighter for him, he handled the controls and fired the guns entirely on his own.

He sank two enemy ships, survived for a won battle, and was top of team. The future of the game is in good hands. :Smile_child:

• Cool 9

[YORHA]
Members
3,243 posts

It must be dusty in here.  I seem to have something in my eyes...

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
2,817 posts
3,945 battles

real champ business cthulhu,and i'm not saying this because i fear your wrath.

what is good here is that you coached him while he  played by himself most of the time,i think that's a good way to teach kids,show them how to ride a bike and let them figure out,well,that's how i learned to ride one,my dad just told me how to ride,i had to figure it out by myself.

Edited by Cruxdei
  • Cool 1

[WOSV]
Members
324 posts
2,063 battles

Parenting Goals: Accomplished

I'm sure he'll make a fine Captain one day. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
573 posts
4,537 battles

Nice work there @Ensign_Cthulhu. If he gets his own account and surpasses you though you may one day learn from him!!

• Funny 1

[WOLF3]
Members
5,933 posts
2,203 battles
31 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

He sank two enemy ships, survived for a won battle, and was top of team. The future of the game is in good hands. :Smile_child:

It is.  But it still makes me feel old.

[SF-A]
Members
2,847 posts
5,548 battles

Nice! Hopefully he will inspire the current flock of sheep to move up and take the initiative!

[BBICT]
Members
3,352 posts
3,540 battles

Very cool! My 10 year old daughter begged me to run "pretty purple battleship" AKA the ARP Kongo. At that point she had 10 battles in an Erie... I was thinking she would get sunk early, and that would be that...She lead the charge to a cap, then brawled with the bots over it... 3 kills latter the bot CV tried to take her out... The old man helped her damage control, and she then set off to hunt his butt down... He was her 4th kill in a 100k damage game..Yeah the kids are all right.. 

Members
4,441 posts
6,138 battles

Hey you Dad's I am deeply touched. :Smile_honoring:  My daughter is 35 now but I sure miss those days when she was a little kid. She will always be my little girl. She doing great.