Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
__crazy8s_

Game Change Suggestion

8 comments in this topic

Members
3,774 posts

I have a couple of suggestions.  

1.  First suggestion is this.  With the new game mechanics lately.  It has become way to easy to become pink.  I see players complaining that they are pink because they were in active.  A player is going to assume that the player that is pink actually team killed.  So should there be a color change for those players who were in active?  Yes there should be a change instead of pink.  I think an Orange or even  a blue color would suffice for that problem.  So the color change would there for signal oh that player was inactive.  Just like if we accidentally TK or purposely TK we get to be pink.  That is the first suggestion.

2. Second suggestion.  Regarding a post I posted on the other day in failing to see that a Wyoming was actually paired with a New York and not a Colorado OPPS.  Sorry guys.  On that subject, there should be one change in the way the divisioning mechanics work.  I'm okay with the 1 tier up and 1 tier down.  How ever.  There does need to be a fail safe.  If you are for example running a tier 5 and your division mate is running a tier 4.  That tier 4 ship should not be allowed to enter the match.  They should only be able to bring a tier 5 if the other players ship at its highest tier is a tier 5.  I don't think anybody likes getting thrown into a match of tier 5 to 7 in a tier 4.  It doesn't work out that great.  

I am curious to find out what everybody thinks of these two change suggestions.  I only make them because I see people either A complaining about it or B talking about it.  Thanks.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
  • Fail Division
    • It is not impossible for a Tier IV to be in a Tier VI and maybe a Tier VII battle
    • It does not happen often, if it does, it just shows how "quiet" the game currently is

[5D]
Members
2,222 posts
14,012 battles

1. We really don't need more colors. The pink is now that the player received a warning of some sort and I've seen nothing in game where players are automatically assuming the pink player killed his own team.

2. Getting pulled into higher level matches is the down side of a fail div. You can't pull the higher tier ship into the battle and break the division. In your example, MM pulled another fail div onto the other team so it all balanced out. 

Members
3,774 posts

No but it does happen there just needs to be a fail safe so that it doesn't happen.  Even though it doesn't happen that often.  The higher tiers it's not really an issue.

[TEXAS]
[TEXAS]
Members
17 posts
8,700 battles

I turned pink because somebody failed to watch chat, and failed to see where I was in my DD, and he ran in front of my torpedoes, didn't sink, and I turned pink...wth? This new penalty system is epic fail attempt to alleviate a problem that is actually caused by game mechanics that cannot tell when it is the fault of the person damaged, or sunk because of their own inability to have situational awareness, cannot see their mini-map, and fail to heed warnings...EPIC FAILURE

[R-F]
Members
395 posts
14,343 battles
6 hours ago, SuperSpud1 said:

2. Second suggestion.  Regarding a post I posted on the other day in failing to see that a Wyoming was actually paired with a New York and not a Colorado OPPS.  Sorry guys.  On that subject, there should be one change in the way the divisioning mechanics work.  I'm okay with the 1 tier up and 1 tier down.  How ever.  There does need to be a fail safe.  If you are for example running a tier 5 and your division mate is running a tier 4.  That tier 4 ship should not be allowed to enter the match.  They should only be able to bring a tier 5 if the other players ship at its highest tier is a tier 5.  I don't think anybody likes getting thrown into a match of tier 5 to 7 in a tier 4.  It doesn't work out that great.  

Since they changed how matchmaking works in one of the previous patches, fail divisions are nearly impossible to happen anymore.

The matchmaker now mirrors each ship by tier, so you won't get a 3 tier separation by default.

The only exception is if the division stays in the queue for longer than 3 minutes. Then it reverts back to the old matchmaker and may get a 3 tier separation.

[5D]
Members
2,222 posts
14,012 battles
21 hours ago, Cooldaddyo said:

I turned pink because somebody failed to watch chat, and failed to see where I was in my DD, and he ran in front of my torpedoes, didn't sink, and I turned pink...wth? This new penalty system is epic fail attempt to alleviate a problem that is actually caused by game mechanics that cannot tell when it is the fault of the person damaged, or sunk because of their own inability to have situational awareness, cannot see their mini-map, and fail to heed warnings...EPIC FAILURE

7k battles and you think it's someone else's fault when your torps hit them?!?!? :Smile_facepalm:

Sign in to follow this