Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ememphis

Loss of steering during battle

5 comments in this topic

Members
1 post

The debuff or whatever you call it where you lose steering after being hit is WAY WAY WAY too long. One sixth of the entire battle you're just going around in a circle. This should be halved at least. In its current form, it's a death sentence.

[ARP]
[ARP]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Supertester
702 posts
6,704 battles

You can repair your ship's rudder by using the Damage Control Party consumable. Steering Gears Modification 1 and Steering Gears Modification 3 also reduce the repair time for your ship's rudder. You can also take the Last Stand commander skill to use your rudder and engine when incapacitated, but with a penalty. 

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,713 posts
9,442 battles

Press "R" for repair

Then equip your ship with upgrade modules

Members
3,774 posts

If you find that your rudder is always getting knocked out in a match.  Then you probably want to think of investing in the Steering gears mod 1.  Saves me a repair that I do not have to use especially on a destroyer.  Having the ability to repair  especially if a fire starts is a must.  So I always usually go Steering gears mod 1 for DDs. On the upgrade modules.  I think its what 250K in credits.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,841 battles
1 hour ago, Ememphis said:

The debuff or whatever you call it where you lose steering after being hit is WAY WAY WAY too long. One sixth of the entire battle you're just going around in a circle. This should be halved at least. In its current form, it's a death sentence.

They have a Captain's skill for that.

Sign in to follow this