You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
iDuckman

Is it really worth a container slot ?

Is it really worth a Container slot ?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Is the new coal/steel economy worth the sacrifice of one of your three daily container slots for you ?

111 comments in this topic

[WOLF3]
Members
5,862 posts
2,191 battles

When the Arsenal, along with the new Coal and Steel currencies, is introduced the primary way to obtain coal or steel will be through daily containers.  In order to do this, one of the three 'reward' slots will be given over to them.  That means giving up 1/3 of your current container rewards in favor of coal/steel. [** see below]

Do you think it is/will be worth it? 

Or bacon?

Edit:  ** That may over-state the effect on Containers.

" Coal will drop from daily containers with a specific chance and will replace the contents of one of the three slots. Alternatively, it can drop from the Try Your Luck containers. "

Apparently it will appear in one of the three slots, but at a random chance.  So let this be a referendum on whether the new Arsenal has value for you. 

Edited by iDuckman

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

The "NEW" currency is "F" ED  I got 500 Coal from a SC in the PT. 10,000 coal gets you a Tech Tree tier 10 on the PT We all know the PT makes obtaining things EASY.

Really WG Getting Coal in a SC? Like Santa leaving coal in your stocking.

Your perception and valuation of items in this game are WACKED. 

apioMlw.gif

Edited by CLUCH_CARGO
  • Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[_USS_]
[_USS_]
Members
282 posts
9,059 battles

Personally, It really doesn't matter to me. I like changes, maybe this will be ok

maybe this will suck........

so far I have been ok with WG changing stuff around. but I'm a simpleton. 

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,293 posts
11,849 battles

Why do they have to take away to giveth? Good question.

6 minutes ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

Bacon. They should just add it as an additional container/award to the existing 3 containers. 1+2+1; or something like that. 

They did say they were Adding coal and steel, not equalizing coal and steel.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[WOLF3]
Members
5,862 posts
2,191 battles

My own vote: Bacon.  To see how it works out.  I might actually end up liking it.  For right now, "Meh."

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

I would like to still get the same rewards that we get now, but add a chance to get this new stuff, "in addition". 

If its gonna take a year or so to get these new ships, I'd rather keep getting what I'm getting now.

Edited by Wulfgarn
  • Cool 3

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
917 posts
2,119 battles

I'm very excited for arsenal... for all I care 100% of my containers are coal. There will be no shortage of stuff to buy

Edited by _1204_
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
8,782 posts
7,225 battles

Well, coal can purchase camos, signals and special upgrades. So it is a way to get just the one you want.

Camos

This section allows you to replenish your stock of camouflages for your ships. The following types will be available in 20-piece sets: Ocean Soul, Revolutionary, Frosty Fir Tree, Back-2-School, Team Water – Clash of the Elements 2017, and Team Fire – Clash of the Elements 2017. The price will vary between 5,200 and 16,000 Coal for a set.

Signals

Here you can purchase all the base combat and economic signals in 20-piece sets, with prices ranging from 800 to 12,800 Coal for a set.

Special upgrades

Here you can find all the special Upgrades: Spotting Aircraft Modification 1, Damage Control Party Modification 1, Engine Boost Modification 1, Hydroacoustic Search Modification 1, AA Defensive Fire Modification 1, Surveillance Radar Modification 1, and Smoke Generator Modification 1. Each unit costs 17,000 Coal.

Ships

You can purchase the following ships using Coal: Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya (53,500), Aigle (49,500), Yubari (25,500), Musashi (176,000), Salem (240,000), and Campbeltown (19,500). Steel will get you Flint (11,600) and Black (14,000). Tier X cruiser Stalingrad will join these ships in Update 0.7.8 and will cost 28,000 Steel.
If you purchase a ship that you already have in your Port, its price in credits will be transferred to your account.
Each ship comes with a 3-point Commander and a Port slot.

Special containers you missed

Collection containers Hunt for Bismarck (5,000), Vive la France (12,000), and Dunkirk (5,000) will help you complete the corresponding collections and replenish your stock of special signals and camouflages. They are available in 5-piece sets.

[42]
Members
6,615 posts
25,197 battles

I'll wait and see.

Ships? I have more ships in port I know what to do with.

Camos? I have more than I can use for now.

Signal flags and special upgrades? These I can use. I have some upgrades but could use a couple more. Signal flags, the more the merrier.

We'll see how the carbon economy works. Steel? I don't plan on getting/having much anyway.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
5,862 posts
2,191 battles
10 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Well, coal can purchase...

I do like the ability to purchase Special Upgrades. 

The rest of the stuff just seems so expensive.  For instance, at the 10,000 Coal average per set, one camo costs 500 Coal!  That's 1.7 Container drops' worth.  One camo!

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,239 posts

Making it an OR situation instead of an AND means more grind. This game has enough. I voted not worth it.

[WOLF3]
Members
5,862 posts
2,191 battles

@CaptainTeddybear

Y.  They should just hand out the Credits instead. 

However, I find myself using Type 2 (dispersion) in low-tier Co-op grinding.  Otherwise we could use it to line bird cages.

Edited by iDuckman
Wrong type.

[BBICT]
Members
3,352 posts
3,540 battles

I feel like a early 1900s baron..."We need more steel on the west coast! That Stalingrad isn't gonna build itself!!!"

[PVE]
Members
8,782 posts
7,225 battles
13 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

I do like the ability to purchase Special Upgrades. 

The rest of the stuff just seems so expensive.  For instance, at the 10,000 Coal average per set, one camo costs 500 Coal!  That's 1.7 Container drops' worth.  One camo!

The camo and signals are sold in 20 piece sets. So with camos being 5,200 to 16,000 for a set, you are looking at 260 to 800 coal a piece.

Members
1,749 posts
7,932 battles
2 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

@CaptainTeddybear

Y.  They should just hand out the Credits instead. 

However, I find myself using Type 1 (dispersion) in low-tier Co-op grinding.  Otherwise we could use it to line bird cages.

I have plenty of Type 5 for that.

Not counting Type 1, Type, 2 and Type 5 I have 1543 Camos and I sold a bunch of Halloween Camo.

[WOLF3]
Members
5,862 posts
2,191 battles
5 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

I sold a bunch of Halloween Camo.

You *sold* Halloween camos 100% XP?  Wow you must really be well stocked.  It is kinda ugly, though.

You know, it wouldn't surprise me if WG is taking the Coal drop rate out of the Camos drop rate in all containers. 

Old - 30% camos

New - 15% camos, 15% coal.

That would drive up the value of camos, which would absorb much of the coal long-term.

[PVE]
Members
8,782 posts
7,225 battles
Just now, iDuckman said:

You *sold* Halloween camos 100% XP?  Wow you must really be well stocked.  It is kinda ugly, though.

You know, it wouldn't surprise me if WG is taking the Coal drop rate out of the Camos drop rate in all containers. 

Old - 30% camos

New - 15% camos, 15% coal.

That would drive up the value of camos, which would absorb much of the coal long-term.

I don't care what the camo looks like if it has good bonuses. Heck, give me Twilight Sparkle camo if it has good bonuses.

[WOLF3]
Members
5,862 posts
2,191 battles

I will agree so long as there are no My Little Pony camos.  Heck, I even use Frosty Fir Tree, though they're getting sparse now.

Members
4,731 posts
5,459 battles

For me, I'm looking at the signals (gotta go fast with those Sierra Mikes) and the Viva la France container packs (I didn't finish the collection and only have two or three more items to collect).

Given this, and the price of those items in coal, I'd rather see the Signals and camo containers be split into two separate container options, so if I do get a drop of coal in a daily, I won't really lose out on the number of signals that are currently dropped from those containers on average.

[PVE]
Members
8,782 posts
7,225 battles
4 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

I will agree so long as there are no My Little Pony camos.  Heck, I even use Frosty Fir Tree, though they're getting sparse now.

:Smile_teethhappy:

Aww, come on. You wouldn't go for a Twilight Sparkle camo with 100% XP, 100% Cmdr XP, 100% FXP? :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Kizarvexis

[WOLF3]
Members
5,862 posts
2,191 battles

A man has principles.  Expensive principles.

[PVE]
Members
8,782 posts
7,225 battles
Just now, iDuckman said:

A man has principles.  Expensive principles.

:Smile_teethhappy:

[BNKR]
Members
644 posts
659 battles

I don't play ranked or clan battles. Maybe give us the option to just opt out of it and keep the normal three slots.