You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Capitan_Crunch

WG anything in the works for a britis premium cruiser?

37 comments in this topic

[-DOG-]
[-DOG-]
Members
40 posts
8,252 battles

Since the removal of the belfast anything in the works for another premium british cruiser tier6  would be nice thank you

• Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,150 posts
8,766 battles

Just guessing but an RN CA should be in the pipeline to signal an RN cruiser split.

Members
3,774 posts
2 minutes ago, Capitan_Crunch said:

Since the removal of the belfast anything in the works for another premium british cruiser tier6  would be nice thank you

There are already premium cruisers out there along with common wealth ships that are essentially a RN ship. Such as the Belfast which is no longer being sold I believe and then there is also the Perth (common wealth).  If I'm not mistaken the Perth is tier 6.

Members
2,117 posts
4,727 battles

What I'd like to see is a CA line for the British:

tier 5-Hawkins

tier 6-York / Exeter

tier 7-One of the County class

Not sure about 8,9,10.

As for premium ones I'm thinking about are:

-HMS Dido (British Atlanta?)

-HMS Effingham (Hawkins class rebuilt as CL with 9 152mm guns)

-HMS Ceylon

[TBW]
Members
6,319 posts
11,878 battles
5 minutes ago, SuperSpud1 said:

There are already premium cruisers out there along with common wealth ships that are essentially a RN ship

Not as far as my Captains are concerned.

• Cool 1

[HYDRO]
Members
1,310 posts
3,662 battles

I feel like Dido could be unique enough to not really fit into any RN cruiser line. So this increases her chances of being a premium. As for tier,  I feel T6 would be fine as the RN Atlanta.

Beta Testers
2,817 posts
3,959 battles
16 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Just guessing but an RN CA should be in the pipeline to signal an RN cruiser split.

light cruisers and  super light cruisers?

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,150 posts
8,766 battles
Just now, Cruxdei said:

light cruisers and  super light cruisers?

Well, the British did stay with the London Treaty 7,000 ton limit. :Smile-_tongue:

Beta Testers
2,817 posts
3,959 battles
Just now, BrushWolf said:

Well, the British did stay with the London Treaty 7,000 ton limit. :Smile-_tongue:

that and british heavy cruisers were super bad.

[-DOG-]
[-DOG-]
Members
40 posts
8,252 battles

Looked up the exeter sounds like it would be a nice edition  as she also saw action against the Graff Spee 

[NUWES]
Members
1,639 posts
5,484 battles

Norfolk or Suffolk would be good options too. They provided exemplary service. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,666 posts
9,985 battles
19 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

I feel like Dido could be unique enough to not really fit into any RN cruiser line. So this increases her chances of being a premium. As for tier,  I feel T6 would be fine as the RN Atlanta.

You could do this:

10 minutes ago, Capitan_Crunch said:

Looked up the exeter sounds like it would be a nice edition  as she also saw action against the Graff Spee 

Against Spee and then later against the Japanese Navy at the Battle of the Java Sea.

Not a huge number of ships can claim that they fought against major units of two Axis powers.

14 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

that and british heavy cruisers were super bad.

They generally did the job, but they'd 'translate' pretty poorly into the game for sure.

In general OP, it's a nice idea but WG don't give a toss if it's not Russian. Releasing Kronshtadt and then Stalingrad in fairly short order - the 10th and 11th Russian premium cruisers is patently absurd. I've abandoned most hope.

[KP]
Members
1,995 posts
18,391 battles
44 minutes ago, SuperSpud1 said:

There are already premium cruisers out there along with common wealth ships that are essentially a RN ship. Such as the Belfast which is no longer being sold I believe and then there is also the Perth (common wealth).  If I'm not mistaken the Perth is tier 6.

None of which can train RN Captains unlike real life.

[DARTH]
Members
532 posts
11,365 battles

I’d love a premium Fiji sister ship.  Give me a Jamaica, or maybe a Kenya in Mountbatten Pink, or maybe Swiftsure.  Yum yum.

Sadly, for now your best bet for a British CL captain trainer is Hood.  Or, the 19 point captain of your choice. 

(Sigh)

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,828 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

Do you think they can find enough RN CAs to fill out a line split? If I remember correctly the RN only built 3 CAs.

1 hour ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

What I'd like to see is a CA line for the British:

tier 5-Hawkins

tier 6-York / Exeter

tier 7-One of the County class

Not sure about 8,9,10.

That is the problem; NO ONE is sure about 8, 9, or 10!

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,522 posts
3,514 battles

I would like to see the HMS Exter, my Graf Spree needs something to shoot

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,150 posts
8,766 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

Do you think they can find enough RN CAs to fill out a line split? If I remember correctly the RN only built 3 CAs.

That is the problem; NO ONE is sure about 8, 9, or 10!

Well, there is enough paper in the Russian lines to print an unabridged dictionary so why not an RN CA line.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
2,817 posts
3,959 battles
57 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Well, there is enough paper in the Russian lines to print an unabridged dictionary so why not an RN CA line.

you have a point,bring the british CA,even if they suck bad in game.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,828 battles
2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

Well ... the first part of that statement is both sad and true, and also incontestable; the Russian lines must have chopped down an entire forest to get that much paper. And while I would like to see an RN CA line, there would need to be 5 ships; I think there are 3 which could be stretched to four, so really it would probably only need to have one really paper ship at tier 10. Making the four that are real fit tiers 6, 7, 8, and 9 might actually be the harder task. 

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,791 posts

The logical choice would be one of the British battlecruisers.   Apparently they are being counted as cruisers now ala Kronstadt... so that’s an option.  Maybe one at Tier 6?

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,150 posts
8,766 battles
13 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Well ... the first part of that statement is both sad and true, and also incontestable; the Russian lines must have chopped down an entire forest to get that much paper. And while I would like to see an RN CA line, there would need to be 5 ships; I think there are 3 which could be stretched to four, so really it would probably only need to have one really paper ship at tier 10. Making the four that are real fit tiers 6, 7, 8, and 9 might actually be the harder task. 

Yeah, there would need to be some stretching to make it work but I would like to see them. The Hawkins would be tier 4 or tier 5 tops. The County class was really three classes so we have two or three tiers there. The York having only 6 guns would likely be between the Hawkins and the Counties. So let's go with Hawkins 5, York 6, County 7, 8. That leaves 9 & 10 which isn't bad.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
576 posts
4,539 battles

Id love to see some more RN Cruisers either a Heavy or Light class as a premium.

With the Commonwealth ones, you cant use these as captain re-training purposes for the RN. So whilst you can use a several RN BBs or the Gallant, its not like for like in the re-training stakes. 

Id be happy with any of those listed above from T5-7 to fill out that role.