Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Infinity_Eagle

Idea to make Co-op play better

63 comments in this topic

Members
23 posts

Just some ideas to make co-op play better for people that do not like pvp play.

"Hard Mode" Co-op that has the same rewards as Random. or even an "Insane" level that gives better rewards.

I know that people would not play random as much, but it would be because co-op is less toxic and some people just do not like to play pvp games. Who knows maybe WG could make more money if they had a better co-op mode.

Also they could have "Solo Mode" for single players, "Division Mode" for 3 and "Clan Mode for 7 players, but again make the Bots more of a challenge, with a better reward.

If WG is worried about people "farming" they could keep track and make the bots harder to play against. I would bet that they could make more money off new co-op modes.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 8

[AWP]
Members
780 posts
2,950 battles

I’m pretty sure they cater to people who don’t like PvP by offering the PvE but they try to push them into going to PvP by offering better rewards. PvE will always be easier and super fast games so there is no way the rewards will ever be allowed to come close. Operations are different but they can be extremely tough depending on your team. If they offer equal or better rewards in co-op, everyone would go to do-op to grind which hurts the core of the game. Plenty of reasons this will never happen

[PC]
Members
1,866 posts
6 minutes ago, Infinity_Eagle said:

"Hard Mode" Co-op that has the same rewards as Random. or even an "Insane" level that gives better rewards.

We already have this with the operations.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,256 posts
24,743 battles

As a co-op main, I woud prefer if WG expanded more on Operations rather than creating more PvE modes.

Having Operations for tiers 5-9, with the Operations for each tier on its own separate rotation would be ideal.

That way there would always be an Operation for each tier between 5 and 9.

• Cool 1

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
2,177 posts
3,096 battles
5 minutes ago, Infinity_Eagle said:

Just some ideas to make co-op play better for people that do not like pvp play.

I know that people would not play random as much, but it would be because co-op is less toxic and some people just do not like to play pvp games. Who knows maybe WG could make more money if they had a better co-op mode.

Also they could have "Solo Mode" for single players, "Division Mode" for 3 and "Clan Mode for 7 players, but again make the Bots more of a challenge, with a better reward.

If WG is worried about people "farming" they could keep track and make the bots harder to play against. I would bet that they could make more money off new co-op modes.

At first, I was inclined to agree, but...

I changed my mind. Sorry, but that's just too many sub-modes for the Coop. You're just gonna end up splitting the Coop player base, and the queue would just throw you most of the time into one of those matches where you're the only human (or just few humans at most) with rest being bots. That already happens quite frequently as is when the server population is low, due to time of the day and such.

I think Coop mode is just fine as is. Sure, it needs some tweaks and always has a room for improvements. But I think just adding more separate modes isn't gonna actually make it any better.

And if you want better rewards from fighting bots, Operations is that way. Coop rewards are just fine, due to having smaller and quicker matches. You can technically play few more Coop matches for roughly the same amount of time you play one Random match, so it kinda evens out in the long run.

Members
54 posts
2,689 battles

Introduce subs in PVE only. That will make it interesting.

• Bad 1

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
917 posts
2,119 battles

Battle royale mode?

• Funny 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,294 battles
15 minutes ago, Patton5150 said:

As a co-op main, I woud prefer if WG expanded more on Operations rather than creating more PvE modes.

Having Operations for tiers 5-9, with the Operations for each tier on its own separate rotation would be ideal.

That way there would always be an Operation for each tier between 5 and 9.

The only thing I'd suggest for coop (and have quite often) is to end the perfect mirroring of coop teams.  For example, instead of putting a New Mexico on the bot team just because I'm in a New Mexico, why not have coop MM randomly pick any of the tier 6 BB to match up against the New Mex I'm in?  This would make coop more interesting for no other reason than by creating a little random variety in teams, while still matching up the tiers.

• Cool 6

[ARGSY]
Members
5,793 posts
3,942 battles
30 minutes ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

True, but the specific goals are different.

12 minutes ago, Crucis said:

The only thing I'd suggest for coop (and have quite often) is to end the perfect mirroring of coop teams.  For example, instead of putting a New Mexico on the bot team just because I'm in a New Mexico, why not have coop MM randomly pick any of the tier 6 BB to match up against the New Mex I'm in?

The only problem I see with this is Tier 7 Fiji players who end up matched against a Belfast, Indy or Atlanta, and the Tier 8 Smoke Edinburgh and Kutuzov players who end up against (insert name of radar-bearing cruiser here), in whom directed radio energy has an unusual propensity to generate large volumes of sodium chloride. Ditto Tier 10 for Yue Yang players and other such ships where smoke and radar are alternative decisions that can be made.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[HINON]
Supertester
18,932 posts
12,454 battles
39 minutes ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

The problem with operations is that they're tier / nation / type locked.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
4,525 posts
11,433 battles
39 minutes ago, Infinity_Eagle said:

You want PvP rewards?  Play PvP.

Otherwise, play operations.  Rewards are better - still not as potentially good as PvP - and the difficulty has been ramped up in recent updates.

Solo mode?  Training room.  No rewards, but it costs you nothing, either.  Get your friends to div up if you want.

Everything you suggest is already there, except for getting PvP levels of rewards in Co-ops.  Which is never going to happen and was never meant to, no matter how much you want it.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,294 battles
31 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The only problem I see with this is Tier 7 Fiji players who end up matched against a Belfast, Indy or Atlanta, and the Tier 8 Smoke Edinburgh and Kutuzov players who end up against (insert name of radar-bearing cruiser here), in whom directed radio energy has an unusual propensity to generate large volumes of sodium chloride. Ditto Tier 10 for Yue Yang players and other such ships where smoke and radar are alternative decisions that can be made.

Sorry, but I don't see any problem here.  People in randoms have to face these challenges all the time.  Coop players shouldn't be able to opt out of these simple challenges just because they play coop.  Besides, just because YOU bring  Fiji doesn't mean that someone else might not bring a tier 7 radar cruiser, and then you're in the exact same situation.

Don't run away from challenges.  Face up to them.

• Cool 2

[SIMP]
Members
991 posts

Two things that would make Co-op better:

1. Scaling OPs  - so you could use tiers 2 -10 regardless of which OP it was.

2. Stop the AI cheating. Come on WG, make the bots smarter, don't increase difficulty simply by having them cheat.

• Cool 3

Beta Testers
375 posts
3,497 battles
31 minutes ago, Lert said:

The man with the cat avatar (catvatar?) is right.

Opening up the Operations to all tiers and nations would be a good first step. They could even add a Random Operation Finder to the game (similar to Warcraft's Dungeon Finder) to keep things different.

But I'm more wanting WG simply to add additional ships to the AI team. Instead of 7v7, make it 7v10. More to shoot at, more damage potential, more income.

Heck, WG can keep the matches as 7v7 but just add more HP to the AI ships based on ship type and I'd say that would be big enough for the foreseeable future.

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,758 posts
12,433 battles

@Infinity_Eagle The Scenario modes are what you suggest. 7 humans vs an unknown number of AI bots is quite a challenge and the pay off for a win is quite good. Besides co op is for learning and preparing for random as well as for taking a breather from random. @capncrunch21 Ask WG to give you the opportunity to program the AI to the degree of smart that you desire. They may just invite you to do so! Wacko17 may just be the WG guy to contact.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I truly enjoy Playing Co-Op from time to time, the player base has a different perspective on game play.

There are rules set to play Co-Op,Scenarios.

It can't be denied Co-Op was designed as an intro to the game {never as a Perminement Mode}

WG has bent over backwards to make the PVE Players feel welcomed and part of the community.

Asking for more is Human. So is being DENIED.

If what you earned in PVE was non transferable to PVP  but what you earned in PVP could be used in PVE then I would not have a Problem.

PVP is the intended Mode for WoWs therefore should not be restricted. PVE should be restricted. The restriction is the Payout as it stands.

• Bad 1

[SIMP]
Members
991 posts
6 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@capncrunch21 Ask WG to give you the opportunity to program the AI to the degree of smart that you desire. They may just invite you to do so! Wacko17 may just be the WG guy to contact.

Um, isn't that what we are paying WG our good money for.... ? (So I have to do their job for them and still pay them???)

[VW]
Members
1,832 posts
12,286 battles
37 minutes ago, capncrunch21 said:

2. Stop the AI cheating. Come on WG, make the bots smarter, don't increase difficulty simply by having them cheat.

1-10 why hate on tier1?

[LOU1]
Members
2,874 posts
8,004 battles

I think what keeps PvE less toxic is that there is less at stake, the costs are low, and the bots can be predictable.  Raise the rewards and increase the difficulty (increased use of consumables), and I believe it will increase toxicity.  Just as happens in Operations.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Supertester
5,145 posts
8,942 battles
12 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

I think what keeps PvE less toxic is that there is less at stake, the costs are low, and the bots can be predictable.  Raise the rewards and increase the difficulty (increased use of consumables), and I believe it will increase toxicity.  Just as happens in Operations.

Someone who understands the human condition. 

[SIMP]
Members
991 posts
1 hour ago, monpetitloup said:

1-10 why hate on tier1?

No Tier 1 hate here - I would love to take my T1s into an OP. However WG has made T1 a special class of its own - protected, can't even fight against T2s anymore, etc. So I doubt they would even consider allowing OPs for them. Though I would like to see a split - - true new players in T1s completely separate from experienced players in T1s. Maybe then we could see them in OPs, but only run by experienced players.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,856 battles
3 hours ago, Belyy_Klyk said:

PvE will always be easier and super fast games so there is no way the rewards will ever be allowed to come close.

Why will PvE always be easier (quicker i understand)? Bot skills can be cranked up just like they are in the missions, which everyone is complaining is much too difficult at the moment.

If they offer equal or better rewards in co-op, everyone would go to do-op to grind which hurts the core of the game.

I don't agree with this; there will always be players who want to test their skills against other players

Plenty of reasons this will never happen

Again, disagree; and the ones you've listed just don't hold up, so what are the others?

3 hours ago, Patton5150 said:

This would be a great idea, along with making the operations playable by all types of ships.

3 hours ago, wkcw1 said:

Introduce subs in PVE only.

Co-op isn't a dumping ground for bad players or bad ideas.

2 hours ago, Crucis said:

For example, instead of putting a New Mexico on the bot team just because I'm in a New Mexico, why not have coop MM randomly pick any of the tier 6 BB to match up against the New Mex I'm in?

Disagree with this ONLY because I see MM putting the best ship in the que every time.

2 hours ago, Lert said:

It would be nice if operations were open to most tiers above 5 and do-able for all types of ships.

1 hour ago, SirMuttonChops said:

The man with the cat avatar (catvatar?) is right.

Poor @Lert; his name is four letters long and players still can't remember it!

Members
1,171 posts
501 battles
2 hours ago, capncrunch21 said:

KxIfQ2x.gif

[HINON]
Supertester
18,932 posts
12,454 battles
2 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Poor @Lert; his name is four letters long and players still can't remember it!

Better than people calling me 'Left'.

Sign in to follow this