You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Pigeon_of_War

Pigeon's Weekly Thought June 18th, 2018

22 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Developers, Administrator, Moderator, F&F, Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
1,089 posts
3,730 battles

Hello Captains!

As a follow up to the last Weekly Thought, what games did you see at E3 2018 that struck your interest, and why? For me personally, it was DaemonXMachnia, Smash Brothers Ultimate (You are not ready for my Ganondorf or Captain Falcon), and plenty of others. 

I want to hear your thoughts, and Please keep this constructive and no advertisement of said games (As in, "you should all go play this for X reason!" That will get deleted.) 

• Cool 1

Members
27 posts
2,137 battles

I liked the RE2 Remake, just looked nice.

HITMAN 2, I like it, but the fact that it seems like a new game when the first HITMAN promised multiple seasons of content is a little disappointing. 

Last of Us 2. Do I need a reason?

Although I do admit, I haven't exactly kept with all the details at E3. 

[THICC]
Members
68 posts
166 battles
13 minutes ago, Pigeon_of_War said:

Hello Captains!

As a follow up to the last Weekly Thought, what games did you see at E3 2018 that struck your interest, and why? For me personally, it was DaemonXMachnia, Smash Brothers Ultimate (You are not ready for my Ganondorf or Captain Falcon), and plenty of others. 

I want to hear your thoughts, and Please keep this constructive and no advertisement of said games (As in, "you should all go play this for X reason!" That will get deleted.) 

I don't want to hear about Smash Ultimate because there is no Waluigi... Γ

[HINON]
Supertester
18,979 posts
12,488 battles

TES VI finally announced.

[MIA-A]
Supertester
505 posts
4,421 battles

Hey Pigeon!

I didn't get to go but definitely been keeping on the livestreams on Twitch. There are two big games that I am really looking forward to is: 

the remake of Resident Evil 2

Image result for resident evil 2 remake

The other one is Fallout 76

Image result for fallout 76

Others that I am looking forward is to: Cyberpunk 2077, Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Beyond Good and Evil 2

2018 and 2019 is gonna be good not only for WoWs but for games in general.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,240 posts
8,815 battles

I didn't pay attention to any of it. I generally wait for solid information on games before looking at them unless I get into the testing which I do enjoy.

[DAKI]
Members
218 posts
8,249 battles

Didn’t really look at E3 since WoWs is all I play......

[STURM]
Members
273 posts
2,784 battles

Two really caught my eye:

Metal Wolf Chaos finally getting a western release made me so happy, if only so that I can say to my friends "you know FROM SOFTWARE? The guys that made those great, somber, atmospheric games with very little dialog? They made this too."

And Devil May Cry 5 getting announced, AND showing gameplay? A thousand times yes. And it's not part of that spin-off that was a good game, but a terrible Devil May Cry game.

Plus, Cyberpunk 2077 has me hopeful that I can play a CD Projekt Red game without getting turned away from it by the clash between my tastes and the setting. 

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,241 posts
3,086 battles
35 minutes ago, Lert said:

TES VI finally announced.

And they told us so much about it~! :Smile_hiding:

[HINON]
Supertester
18,979 posts
12,488 battles
5 minutes ago, RivertheRoyal said:

And they told us so much about it~! :Smile_hiding:

Details are gravy. The announcement itself is what's important. At least we know it's coming.

As for what it's going to be about - it's an Elder Scrolls game. There's going to be khajiit with wares (if you have coin), empire, mead, some sort of ancient foretold evil that only you can stop, magic, daedra, crafting ... What more do you need to know?

• Cool 1

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,241 posts
3,086 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

Details are gravy. The announcement itself is what's important. At least we know it's coming.

As for what it's going to be about - it's an Elder Scrolls game. There's going to be khajiit with wares (if you have coin), empire, mead, some sort of ancient foretold evil that only you can stop, magic, daedra, crafting ... What more do you need to know?

True, true. I'm just a bit surprised they announced it without any other information—which tells me they've told us about it as soon as they've started development. Otherwise some of those gravylicious details would have been shared. I suppose they've got a fairly dedicated fanbase (me included~) but announcing it so soon when there might be a 2~3 year wait involved....

Ah well, I'll wait anyway. 

[HINON]
Supertester
18,979 posts
12,488 battles
2 minutes ago, RivertheRoyal said:

which tells me they've told us about it as soon as they've started development.

Eh ... I'm not convinced of that. Two reasons:

1) It takes more than 2 ~ 3 years to develop a modern TES game,

2) They showed at the least a rather large piece landscape from high altitude, so that has been developed.

As for announcing it so 'soon', it's been 7 years since Skyrim and there's been a very loud cry online for any news about TES VI for a while now, only getting louder.

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,241 posts
3,086 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

Eh ... I'm not convinced of that. Two reasons:

1) It takes more than 2 ~ 3 years to develop a modern TES game,

2) They showed at the least a rather large piece landscape from high altitude, so that has been developed.

I'm just making making assumptions here off what I've got. Which isn't much. I don't know, I'm just hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst, I guess.  

Members
3,774 posts
2 hours ago, Pigeon_of_War said:

Hello Captains!

@Pigeon_of_Warsorry miss read

Edited by SuperSpud1

[HYDRO]
Members
1,342 posts
3,669 battles

Command and Conquer Generals of course, I am really curious how nobody mentioned it :Smile_teethhappy:.

On a more serious note, lots of games I am interested in were shown, though I feel this year in general was one of the most average E3s in a while.

What totally surprised me pleasantly however was My Friend Pedro by Devolver, it looks like Hotline Miami in 2.5D :Smile_great:

[TIK]
Members
6 posts
10,371 battles

Why doesn't the Devs play any WoW it seems all I ever see them is when they are live on WoT also it would be nice if when playing with them on your team and win the team players should get a random prize container for playing with devs and winning.

[IXM]
Members
191 posts
3,362 battles

I'm really hyped about Satisfactory.  It appears to be a 3d version of Factorio, and it's also made by the guys who did Goat Simulator.  Hopefully they get the factory/simulation part right and add in a little GoatSim humor to go with it.

C&C on a smart phone? I'll pass on that.  I would much rather have a new Supreme Commander or an updated version of one of the old Dune RTS games, on PC of course.

TES6 and Starfield I am interested in what these turn out to be.  I started the franchise with Skyrim so I am hoping for something along those lines in both gameplay terms and mod integration.  I am having a hard time remembering the last space based RGP I played so Starfield might be a welcome change.

No news on the FF7 remake from Square :(  I didn't really care about any of their other news or releases.

Members
1 post

My game would be Star Wars Battlefront. At first it was bad and everyone hated it, but it has gotten better and ive been enjoying it more often. I honestly dont know what you mean by E3 2018 so I just picked one from this year

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,342 posts
11,500 battles

COD Black Ops 4.

The Division 2.

Probably wait for BO4 to go on clearance, as I have only 20 hours in last COD....

Oh who am I kidding? 

I've spent over 1k this year on this game....feed my addiction WG...