Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
l1nv5

How to score more damage with Yueyang?

2 comments in this topic

[CUTE]
Members
413 posts
6,030 battles

As I am grinding the PADD line after giving up on IJN DD line with 2000 battles in Shimakaze and Yugumo combined, there is one thing keep bothering me. Although I have already outscored my Shimakaze both in WR and AVG Damage, I cannot somehow score more damage in the Yueyang, and my personal rating keeps dropping (meaning there are more players who score better damage!)

Don't get me wrong, I am totally comfortable driving Yueyang, much more competent DD player than when I was in Shimakaze. I am able to hold a flank, therefore, help the team wipe out the whole flank and winning the game. Honestly only when sailing the Yueyang do I realize how good DD play can win games. When in my Shimakaze, I do have some idea of spotting and throwing torps to hold enemy flank but I have never felt that I have the power to single handedly carry a half decent team against unicums like on my Yueyang. To most closely describe the difference, it's like when you play Lexington for a long time, get a decent WR in her and then move on to the Hakuryu. Yes it's THAT much of a difference.

However, despite multiple matches of 100k++ (yes 2+) spotting damage, I can't seem to score more damage for my own stats, and as you know spotting damage does not count in WTR, I often get crap WTR. Enemy teams either collapsed too fast for me to have any torpedo hit at all or the BBs and CAs behind me kill everything I spot (hence the 100k spotting dmg) before my torps even reach them, or torpedoes reaches them only to take 2-3k HP off an already dead ship. It's incredibly frustrating! Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the wins and the carry and the adrenaline of carrying an incredibly close game and all but the only games where I can break 200k dmg is when my team consists of totally noob BBs who can't delete boardside neptune because THEY ALL shoot HE. It's just a little frustrating isnt it?

So for all pro Yueyang players out there, how do you all do it? Any advice on how I could farm more damage for the ship? My WTR is dropping steadily, I need help!!!:Smile_sad:

[AAA]
Members
403 posts
5,193 battles
1 hour ago, l1nv5 said:

As I am grinding the PADD line after giving up on IJN DD line with 2000 battles in Shimakaze and Yugumo combined, there is one thing keep bothering me. Although I have already outscored my Shimakaze both in WR and AVG Damage, I cannot somehow score more damage in the Yueyang, and my personal rating keeps dropping (meaning there are more players who score better damage!)

Don't get me wrong, I am totally comfortable driving Yueyang, much more competent DD player than when I was in Shimakaze. I am able to hold a flank, therefore, help the team wipe out the whole flank and winning the game. Honestly only when sailing the Yueyang do I realize how good DD play can win games. When in my Shimakaze, I do have some idea of spotting and throwing torps to hold enemy flank but I have never felt that I have the power to single handedly carry a half decent team against unicums like on my Yueyang. To most closely describe the difference, it's like when you play Lexington for a long time, get a decent WR in her and then move on to the Hakuryu. Yes it's THAT much of a difference.

However, despite multiple matches of 100k++ (yes 2+) spotting damage, I can't seem to score more damage for my own stats, and as you know spotting damage does not count in WTR, I often get crap WTR. Enemy teams either collapsed too fast for me to have any torpedo hit at all or the BBs and CAs behind me kill everything I spot (hence the 100k spotting dmg) before my torps even reach them, or torpedoes reaches them only to take 2-3k HP off an already dead ship. It's incredibly frustrating! Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the wins and the carry and the adrenaline of carrying an incredibly close game and all but the only games where I can break 200k dmg is when my team consists of totally noob BBs who can't delete boardside neptune because THEY ALL shoot HE. It's just a little frustrating isnt it?

So for all pro Yueyang players out there, how do you all do it? Any advice on how I could farm more damage for the ship? My WTR is dropping steadily, I need help!!!:Smile_sad:

The first answer is forget the Yang and get the Fletcher. Seriously! I run circles around the Gearing and Chung MU. I am almost at the Yueyang.

Joking aside I have monster games in the Yang and wth games where I do almost nothing. I don't like to knife fight a DD early in the game as I tend to get group fired and back to port. That's where the Asian line give me trouble. With the Fletcher and Gearing I fire torps through caps or at smoke and just about every game I get that surprise kill of a dd which of course you can't do with the Asian line.

The monster games for me are slipping past the enemy DDs and getting into their BBs undetected and torping them. How to do that consistently?

I spend most of the early part of the game in the Asian line spotting and firing torps blind.

I'm interested in learned answers, so Im following this thread

Sign in to follow this