You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gneisenau013

Motivation Monday - Decisions

21 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
820 posts
5,797 battles

Image result for world of warships battleship

Battleship skippers, if you spot multiple targets, who do you aim at first?

Given a choice between a cruiser or a battleship, determining the bigger threat or evening the odds can make the difference between victory, defeat, and survival.

With a fleet of ships spotted, who's the on the receiving end of your big guns?

"The difference between a good and great officer is about 10 seconds." - Arleigh Burke, US Navy

#motivationmonday

#anchorsaweigh

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers
2,854 posts
4,088 battles

i aim at the meaniest dude i can find,the one with a ship that can change the outcome of a fight.

for giulio?i would aim at cruiserswith smoke,cruiser with fast reload,the battleship with the biggest gun.

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,354 posts
11,894 battles

The one being concentrated on by the team or the one that I can take out of the Battle, Never leave a low hp ship to haunt you later.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

For me, each salvo is prioritized as:

1) take a ship off the board.

2) the ship is a big threat to my survival.

3) the ship is a big threat to a friendly's survival.

4) the ship is a big threat threat to a cap.

5) the ship provides a vision advantage to the enemy.

6) the ship is most vulnerable.

• Cool 3

[NGA-A]
[NGA-A]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,264 posts
3,368 battles

1- check for broadside targets. Kill them.

2- check for low to no one is shooting. Kill them.

3- targets being focused. Help kill them.

4- dd's always as a target of opportunity.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Supertester
18,973 posts
12,488 battles

Oof. Target prioritization. Always more difficult to answer than people think, since situations are fluid and can change from moment to moment.

All things being equal:

Ships capping our base > Medium / close range DDs > Target I know I can semi reliably remove with 1 salvo > broadside cruisers > broadside battleships > carriers > angled cruisers > angled battleships > long range DDs.

This is just a loose rule-of-thumb though. A ship actively being a dangerous threat (for example, setting up a torpedo run on a valuable teammate or actively trying to murder me) move up the list a tick or two and ships already under heavy fire without reasonable chance of them escaping move down a tick or two. Another example of how the list is just a rule of thumb, I will shoot a 5 km broadside battleship over a 15 km broadside cruiser. Carriers are always targets of opportunity.

One thing I do is switch targets between salvos, if a better target appears. The list is dynamic and I won't focus my attention on one target if it maneuvers when other targets higher on the list are available.

• Cool 3

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
917 posts
2,119 battles

9 times out of 10 it is the target in feel I can do the most damage to with my salvo. But kills, capping reds, and threat is also very important. I dont rush smoke and shoot at a broadside bb 20 km away lol

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles

The ship whose guns I can remove from the game the quickest.

• Cool 1

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,385 posts
7,979 battles

Most simple version of target priority I have -

Closest ship - closest ship not angled - any immediate torp threat (HE against DD or BB if prepped, AP/HE vs cruiser depending on loaded) - DD - Cruiser - BB.

First two should be obvious, third isa matter of I know HE is better at disabling/destroying torp tubes and I usually know where to aim and I can bounce/absorb gunfire, DD makes the mistake of being seen it needs to go before it vanishes again, most cruisers just fling IFHE at high volumes, or are UK that are basically IFHE shells with no fire chance, which are super problematic especially with how broken fire has always kinda been but IFHE increasing direct damage made it worse, and well, BB's are a little less likely to set fires, and I can bounce there rounds, and they can bounce mine. I'm outnumbered I'm going for weapon removal, ad that means the smaller, less armoured ships. Especially because at this point, I consider DD's and IFHE spewing cruisers a bigger threat than most BB's. 

• Cool 1

Members
31 posts
537 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

The ship whose guns I can remove from the game the quickest.

^ this. Dead ships don't fire back.

• Cool 1

[BIAS]
Members
3,049 posts
9,037 battles
3 hours ago, Gneisenau013 said:

Given a choice between a cruiser or a battleship, determining the bigger threat or evening the odds can make the difference between victory, defeat, and survival.

"The difference between a good and great officer is about 10 seconds." - Arleigh Burke, US Navy

#motivationmonday

#anchorsaweigh

I hold my guns for the DD. I know that wasn't an option, but it is valid.

• Cool 1

Members
3,650 posts
13,511 battles
3 hours ago, Gneisenau013 said:

That's a easy one to answer; CRUISERS. If a BB main has a enemy BB in his face and there's a Cruiser 12 km away, the BB will target the Cruiser, even firing over the BB that's in his face. I've seen this happen more times than you can shake a stick at.

However, I'm biased too. If I see a BB and a CA/CL  near each other, I'll target the BB. Why? Because I love to burn down BBs. "Arsonist" is my favorite and most sought after achievement because I always get them by burning down BBs. :cap_rambo:

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles
2 hours ago, keskparane said:

^ this. Dead ships don't fire back.

and wounded ones definitely do!

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
22 hours ago, Gneisenau013 said:

For me as a Co-Op player my targets for my Battleships (any of my ships actually) are as follows 1)Destroyers, 2) Cruisers, 3) Battleships, 4) Carriers. But this will change depending on what is after me or a teammate and what the mission is.

Each battle is a judgement call at the time, for a example on one game I left a teammate alone facing two BBs, because a DD was going to Cap our Base, as soon as I got the DD sunk, I returned to help the teammate.

Edited by Chaos_EN2
  • Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
5,866 posts
3,984 battles

As a not-very-good shot, I will take the target I am most confident of hitting, prioritising the greatest threats to my ship and the enemy ships I have the highest chance of damaging, all else being equal.

[SF-3]
Members
1,452 posts
7,929 battles

The most dangerous ship to the team (usually a DD or radar cruiser) > ships closest to death > ships giving the best angle

Members
1,789 posts
17,407 battles

The most broadside target is always my top priority...it has the best chance of causing the most damage & the best chance of removing a ship from the battle. All else is situational...but that is my main priority every volley. If I'm engaged in a battle w/a ship & a broadside presents itself I'll cut to line up w/the broadside because in most instances it has the added benefit of throwing off the enemy rounds of the ship I was engaged with from the unexpected maneuver.

[WORX]
Members
1,652 posts
12,706 battles

My play style of rapid fire flame throwers or just AP rapid fire cruisers, My priorities are

• DDs who stick there neck outs
  • BBs from behind a rock preferred
  • then the always now annoying Radar Cruiser

IF I am driving a BB usually its

• from 10 km and above BBs
  • From 10 KM and below cruisers
  • From any KM OP ships like the Otuber revol. or the Ninja pasta BB

To these targets I say

Hit port Jack :) lol.

Edited by Navalpride33

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,482 battles

Depending on who is a prime shot, I definitely give cruiser's priority. As they can bring down upon my BB crews head
fiery death and destruction, that Satan himself would applaude, while shopping at Wal-Mart for a new fire pit. :Smile_teethhappy:

[FAILD]
Members
427 posts
1,597 battles
On 6/18/2018 at 10:30 AM, Gneisenau013 said:

Image result for world of warships battleship

#motivationmonday

#anchorsaweigh

I select cruisers first as they are easier to get out of the fight. Then its lowest in health followed by closest target. The quicker targets can be gotten rid of the easier it becomes to concentrate fire.