You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RobertViktor68

OMG what a difference!

33 comments in this topic

[TSPC]
Beta Testers
1,104 posts
10,087 battles

My brother got me a new desktop computer for my birthday.  My old HP Pavilion was awesome..... in 2011.  As patches came in World of Tanks, the graphics settings had to be lowered.  WOWS was running on minimum graphics.  That old computer had 1GB of RAM, an Intel i3, and graphics card that was fine (in 2011).

This new one Intel i5, EIGHT GB OF RAM, and latest graphics card.  The game defaulted at the highest settings for both games.  I can't believe how good the games look now.  Average 70-90 fps and 20-30 ping.  PLUS a new monitor that is at least 30% bigger!

If you have the ability to upgrade your stuff, do it!  Totally worth it.

• Cool 7

Beta Testers
2,817 posts
3,945 battles
1 minute ago, RobertViktor68 said:

My brother got me a new desktop computer for my birthday.  My old HP Pavilion was awesome..... in 2011.  As patches came in World of Tanks, the graphics settings had to be lowered.  WOWS was running on minimum graphics.  That old computer had 1GB of RAM, an Intel i3, and graphics card that was fine (in 2011).

This new one Intel i5, EIGHT GB OF RAM, and latest graphics card.  The game defaulted at the highest settings for both games.  I can't believe how good the games look now.  Average 70-90 fps and 20-30 ping.  PLUS a new monitor that is at least 30% bigger!

i don't have and i can't play wows,because of that,should i curl up in to a ball and cry?because it's what i'm doing right now.

congratulations and safe winds.

Members
1,547 posts
9,804 battles

Your computer from 2011 had an i3 processor with Windows 2007 OS. It could never have run with only 1 Gig Ram. Windows 7 required a minimum of 4 Gigs if I recall properly. 

[TSPC]
Beta Testers
1,104 posts
10,087 battles
8 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

Your computer from 2011 had an i3 processor with Windows 2007 OS. It could never have run with only 1 Gig Ram. Windows 7 required a minimum of 4 Gigs if I recall properly. 

then the sticker on the side of the tower was incorrect? or my bad eyesight mis read the intel sticker.

Members
2,077 posts

If don't own a console and all you do is use the PC... Might as well spend the cash... It's a great investment. Once you go max settings, you can never go back.

• Cool 2

[TDRB]
Members
951 posts
3,627 battles
14 minutes ago, RobertViktor68 said:

A new rig usually does make gaming better. Glad you were able to upgrade.

• Cool 2

Members
332 posts
3,388 battles

Here were the minimum specs for windows 7:

• 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor*
  • 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
  • 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
  • DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver.
  • Cool 1

Members
1,547 posts
9,804 battles
15 minutes ago, RobertViktor68 said:

then the sticker on the side of the tower was incorrect? or my bad eyesight mis read the intel sticker.

10 minutes ago, 1dennistt said:

Here were the minimum specs for windows 7:

• 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor*
  • 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
  • 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
  • DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver.

Most computers in 2011 ran 64 bit.  At 1-2 Gig ram you have barely enough to keep the operating system running let alone a game like WOWS. The minimum requirements to run the game is 2 Gig Ram and that would be at ultra low settings at like 7 FFS 

[NOBS]
Members
469 posts
5,384 battles

I feel bad about having 32 GB of RAM now. Lol

Members
332 posts
3,388 battles
Just now, STINKWEED_ said:

Most computers in 2011 ran 64 bit.  At 1-2 Gig ram you have barely enough to keep the operating system running let alone a game like WOWS. The minimum requirements to run the game is 2 Gig Ram and that would be at ultra low settings at like 7 FFS 

Yeah, I wouldn't want to try running on even 2 gig.  Most systems could be upgraded by simply swapping out the memory.  My brother and I purchased identical Win 7 gaming systems, and what killed them was the motherboards going south.  Memory slots stopped working on his and mine forgets the 2nd hard drive (storage).  His computer from 2011 is already past its expected life cycle, most computers don't seem to make it past 5 years without suffering some type of issues as the components age.

[SHAFT]
Members
161 posts
9,970 battles
56 minutes ago, RobertViktor68 said:

Congrats....Your bro loves you a lot, those new graphics cards cost a lot.

My gift for Father's Day was the best kind - cold hard cash - which i will be using to get a new rig myself. My budget maxes out at $800, so an i5 may not be for me and I plan to save some cash by putting it together myself.

Heard some good stuff about the AMD Ryzen 3, so after work today gonna look at some builds with a GTX 1050 Ti card.

If I can get mid level graphics at 60 to 70 FPS I would be happy.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
95 posts
4,482 battles
17 minutes ago, Capt_h2o said:

You feel bad, I got 32 GB as well on an intel X99 chipset. Quad channel memory is fun for this game.

Also congrats on the new rig. May your frames be many and your shells find there targets o7

[TAFY3]
Members
331 posts
7,114 battles

If you are building a new computer, don't forget to get an M.2 drive...  Totally worth it!

• Cool 1

[BNKR]
Members
644 posts
659 battles
1 hour ago, Rabin69 said:

My gift for Father's Day was the best kind - cold hard cash - which i will be using to get a new rig myself. My budget maxes out at $800, so an i5 may not be for me and I plan to save some cash by putting it together myself.

Heard some good stuff about the AMD Ryzen 3, so after work today gonna look at some builds with a GTX 1050 Ti card.

I picked up an Acer Nitro 5 laptop for $750 on Amazon. i5, 8GB RAM, and a 4GB 1050. Runs maxed out at 75+ FPS.

• Cool 1

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,191 posts
5,662 battles
1 hour ago, Capt_h2o said:

I was trolling a console peasant one time and he saw my machine specs and tried to bash me for having 32mb of ram. He said having that much ram is stupid, there is no need for it unless you are doing video editing. He said why do you have that much ram, my replay was simple.....BECAUSE I CAN!!!!!! lol

[NOBS]
Members
469 posts
5,384 battles
1 hour ago, Rabin69 said:

I've used nothing but AMD chipsets for years now. Just don't go to cheap or slow. 

• Cool 1

[DENY]
Members
159 posts
6,541 battles
2 hours ago, Capt_h2o said:

Then I should feel horrible, especially now that prices of RAM are so extreme. They are twice what I paid.

[NOBS]
Members
469 posts
5,384 battles
18 minutes ago, Xanthro said:

Then I should feel horrible, especially now that prices of RAM are so extreme. They are twice what I paid.

I haven't seen an increase in RAM prices, but the video card I bought for $200 is now selling for $750. My son has a full gaming rig, video card is worth $2000 now

Members
17,726 posts
5,084 battles
3 hours ago, MorbidGamer said:

If don't own a console and all you do is use the PC... Might as well spend the cash... It's a great investment. Once you go max settings, you can never go back.

Agreed. My PC was only good enough to max out settings and 45-60 FPS @ 720p. (which is ok because I can't read the overtarget markers at 1080+ anyway)

It went on the fritz, and my backup PC will only run WoWS at 20-25 FPS, on lowest settings, and I can't stand to play it anywhere near what I used to...

• Cool 1

[CAST]
Members
1,397 posts
5,794 battles

Now that you can actually see it, take some time to free cam around the map after you've been sunk some time.  There's a lot of pretty impressive detail built into the towns & bases on many of those islands. :Smile_Default:

[SYN]
Members
4,525 posts
11,433 battles

I remember when I first upgraded from an old basic card that simply "worked", to an EVGA GTX-950.  20fps on the absolute lowest settings to 60fps with everything maxed out.  It was like a blind man being able to see again.

[NUWES]
Members
1,635 posts
5,478 battles
4 hours ago, STINKWEED_ said:

It could run on 1. I had an old netbook with an  Atom that I used as a travel computer and it ran Win7 with 1 gig. I can't imagine playing WoWs on something like that.

To the OP - Gratz on the new computer. Enjoy the new treats like waves, shadows and viewing distance. :) 

[TDRB]
Members
951 posts
3,627 battles
5 hours ago, driedjello said:

If you are building a new computer, don't forget to get an M.2 drive...  Totally worth it!

Yes, get a M.2 drive. They are blazing fast.

[WOLF3]
Members
5,928 posts
2,193 battles
6 hours ago, STINKWEED_ said:

In 2011, 64-bit was still a "high-end" option.  Many computers were sold with 1 GB and a 32-bit OS.  It's possible that it got some more RAM somewhere along the line, even before he got the computer.