You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
foehammer273

Disconnection Woes?

7 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
37 posts
7,874 battles

Playing WOWS this morning (June 18) and been disconnected three time in 1.5 hours of play.  This absolutely never happens.  My own connection is fine (VPN to outside world never gets disconnected when WOWS does).

Question: Am I alone with this problem?  Really weird.

Stopped playing for the time being as it is frustrating getting booted during a game, only to reconnect to find myself sunk on all three occasions.

TIA

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

Many seem to be having issues.

Try not running the updater when you play. 

Make sure it's not running. Kill it in taskmanger if it is.

Run the game via the wows.exe.

This may, or may not help you. I've been getting lag a lot lately, and I also don't run the new updater.

Members
17,842 posts
5,096 battles

It's summer too. Regardless of what you think of the effect of more kids on overall player skill, there's definitely going to be more gaming traffic (whether WoWS or not) between you and the server.

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,766 posts
12,470 battles

@foehammer273 Your vpn may be just fine but there are routing points between your equipment and the WG servers so a disconnect can occur at any point along the path. Your problem is not unique I and many others have disconnects frequently and manage to get along just fine. Your world is not crumbling.

Beta Testers
37 posts
7,874 battles

@CAPTMUDDXX

Don't remember saying my world was crumbling - just asking if this has increased for others as it seems to have today for me.  It is weird to see this spike. I can honestly say that I have never seen disconnects like this ever, and I was a beta tester like yourself.  My world is not crumbling.

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,766 posts
12,470 battles

@foehammer273 Touché! I guess it is just your turn to get dumped on. Somewhere along the line the DC gremlin is out to intercept your signal and break it. Maybe a sequel to Russian Election meddling!

Beta Testers
37 posts
7,874 battles
1 hour ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@foehammer273 Touché! I guess it is just your turn to get dumped on. Somewhere along the line the DC gremlin is out to intercept your signal and break it. Maybe a sequel to Russian Election meddling!

Ha!  Well said.