You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

Stalingrad Preview - The Rumors are True, all of Them

114 comments in this topic

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,426 posts
4,726 battles

Stalingrad Preview...  yeah, it’s powerful.  Very powerful. 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 3

Members
3,254 posts
9,531 battles

There is something wrong with a ship that has cruiser-accurate guns with battleship-size shells.

There is something wrong with a ship that has battleship-size hit pool that handles like a cruiser.

There is something plain wrong with this all together.

I feel like Warships has jumped the shark and WG has given themselves the greenlight to do whatever it takes to squeeze as much money out of the premium shop over the next year as possible, ignoring any the long-term implications.

They added Electronic Warfare to a game whose secret sauce was that it had no Electronic Warfare, duh. They give radar to every new ship because, who cares what that does to a meta for a game that's on the decline if it helps sell premium ships? 

They add more blatantly OP premium ships because, why not? What are those chumps that don't buy the OP ship and get farmed by it gonna do, play Dreadnaught? Lol!

It's like there's literally no adult supervision to found anywhere at a time when Wargaming critically needs an adult. 

Let's face it, fellas (and lady) Warships has jumped the shark.

Edited by Lensar
  • Cool 16
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 7

[HINON]
Members
8,838 posts
11 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

The Rumors are True, all of Them

A ship that small doesn't have a cloaking device.

RokIj0R.gif

Edited by RipNuN2
  • Cool 1

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,491 posts
8,036 battles
16 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

Nah, not powerful just different from what we are used too.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[MIA-A]
[MIA-A]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,002 posts
7,656 battles

I just wish there was a video of it where the enemies didn't sail broadside to it for easy citadels all game...

something tells me that if that didn't happen, those guns would not seem very strong at all compared to the damage output of other cruisers.

• Cool 2

Members
671 posts
2,201 battles
2 minutes ago, NeoRussia said:

I just wish there was a video of it where the enemies didn't sail broadside to it for easy citadels all game...

something tells me that if that didn't happen, those guns would not seem very strong at all compared to the damage output of other cruisers.

1 Citadel = easy?  K...

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,491 posts
8,036 battles
3 minutes ago, NeoRussia said:

That's the challenge with these things. One of Notsers first Kronshtad videos show the actuall gameplay of 305mm cruisers. In many ways they are like the Atlanta; powerfully situational.

Edited by Crokodone

[POP]
Members
1,224 posts
8,033 battles

WG also just announced that they are making the citadel of this thing even larger... because it "performs better than average"

[OPG]
Members
3,898 posts
5,488 battles
11 minutes ago, OgreMkV said:

WG also just announced that they are making the citadel of this thing even larger... because it "performs better than average"

:cap_like:

• Bad 1

[-K-]
Members
5,075 posts
8,954 battles
16 minutes ago, OgreMkV said:

I would have rather seen a nerf to its staggeringly accurate sigma values versus the citadel raise, but I suppose something is better than nothing.

Beta Testers
2,828 posts
4,003 battles
1 hour ago, Lensar said:

I feel like Warships has jumped the shark and WG has given themselves the greenlight to do whatever it takes to squeeze as much money out of the premium shop over the next year as possible, ignoring any the long-term implications.

i can't find the connection of prem shop and stalingrad,if you mean doubloons to get free exp,well,people spend a good chunk of money just to get 1 ship.

[POP]
Members
1,224 posts
8,033 battles
5 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

I would have rather seen a nerf to its staggeringly accurate sigma values versus the citadel raise, but I suppose something is better than nothing.

Yeah. I hadn't even seen this video when I saw WGs announcement on Facebook. And I still thought it was a lame change. 

By doing that, it makes the S-Frag into a backfield sniper, but then, I guess it always was. I would suspect that a more cautious playstyle would actually increase damage dealt and increase survivability... making it even more OP. 

But it's still testing. 

I'm much more concerned by the link that Merc85 shared. So now we have dubloons, silver, oil, coal, and steel for economic systems. But if steel and coal is awarded for ranked/clan play, then the best will continue to get advanced ships (that everyone else either can't get or will have to pay for). If you can buy them with cash, then it really becomes a play to win environment, even though it's not getting magic bullets or whatever. 

[5D]
Members
1,217 posts
7,103 battles
1 hour ago, NeoRussia said:

Or a video when a single competent Hindenburg player just makes this ship completely irrelevant.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
2,828 posts
4,003 battles
3 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

Based on the criteria for earning Stalingrad, she's going to be a very rare ship.

if that's the case,it will  be like the clan war rewards of wot,you see the OP tanks 1% of the time.

maybe 1 year playing wows you might see stalingrad.....2 or 3 times.

but we gotta call it the apocalypse,wows is dead,it's killed,how can the majority fight this?

Edited by Cruxdei

Alpha Tester
202 posts
4,717 battles
1 hour ago, Lensar said:

They added Electronic Warfare to a game whose secret sauce was that it had no Electronic Warfare, duh. They give radar to every new ship because, who cares what that does to a meta for a game that's on the decline if it helps sell premium ships? 

They add more blatantly OP premium ships because, why not? What are those chumps that don't buy the OP ship and get farmed by it gonna do, play Dreadnaught? Lol!

It's like there's literally no adult supervision to found anywhere at a time when Wargaming critically needs an adult. 

+1

removal of all chat from WoT

Removal of tounements from the WoT NA server

Turning warplanes into a CoD expansion pack

Selling old, rare premiums that are the only distinguishing feature of a veteran account

Removing any chance for the veteran player to get a deal on doubloons, while offering new players steep discounts

+all the points you made above.

We are at the epoch of a new era as customers of this company, and it doesn't look good.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[5D]
Members
1,217 posts
7,103 battles

Either way, based on the play we've seen on Stalingrad version 1, I'm simply not worried. I can see various easy ways to counter it. It's so big, it cannot ever realistically hide. Patience and good positioning will make it an easy kill, especially for good cruiser captains. Heck, when a GK can sneak up on you as it has better detection? 

With easy easy easy to take advantage of weaknesses like that? Her guns better be amazing. Without truly exceptional guns she simply isn't worth the time.

• Cool 1

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,491 posts
8,036 battles
1 hour ago, OgreMkV said:

Because better than average playerz are sailing them: Notser? IChase? FLAMU? Wg really wants to compare the playerbase to that trio? There needs to be a vodka rationing somewhere because noway the average playerbase even compares to any of those CCs.

Furthermore, i did 94k damage in my t7 New Orleans a couple days ago firing almost nothing but AP.

https://replayswows.com/replay/24792#stats

Does thst mean New Orleans needs a nerf? WG needs to bury the nurf bat for a couple of patches and let the playerbase decide with stats.

Edited by Crokodone

Members
3,774 posts
2 hours ago, NoZoupForYou said:

I've already been up against one several times.  Just a battle cruiser nothing to be afraid of.  Nope.  Looks fun to play.  But yea its still just a ship OP or not.  It can die a horrible horrible death.  Lol.

[Y0L0]
Beta Testers
271 posts
10,664 battles

The statistics or perceived value of this particular ship is not as relevant as the monetization path that WG has chosen. It is their company and their choice, and it has been working for them.  By declining to monetize game environment upgrades, they must continue to provide a revenue stream through new ships. These new ships alter how earned tier ships are perceived, causing adjustments.  So we get the progressive journey into ridiculous, by way of hilarious. P. T. Barnum - There is a sucker born every minute.

Their development teams seem to be set up to do so, and they have a rhythm to the process. That kind of institutional foundation is not easy to alter.  They can't imagine asking for 10-15 bucks from everyone for a major upgrade of maps and game types. They would rather get 80 from the small population that has an "add to cart" issue.  :)  Then they hear the screams from the tiered players.

I am fine with that. I play for free, but would gladly pay for something other than "melee" style random battle. Won't ever buy a premium ship, but still get the occasional weekend pass. Don't play as much as I would like to for the in-game environment, but was tired of circles of buoys in Beta.  :)  I have spent more here than any game other than EVE, but they could have more from me with a different model. If I am not on premium time, I usually stay at T8 or under. 

As for the Stalingrad... every ship has its counter and can be caught in a bad place for that ship.  It is still a work in progress. Think of it as an uber-Atago in its current iteration. Deadly but will have a glass jaw.  If my Kurfurst can cit a Montana, then Stalingrad won't be that much of an issue.  It will get its licks in early, then go down swinging when it gets gang-r@ped by the haters.  We have seen this "meta" before. This has all happened before and it will happen again.

• Cool 1

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,491 posts
8,036 battles
2 hours ago, Lensar said:

You cant have ww2 naval combat without electronic warfare. Ypu cant have naval combat anywhere with out the best period technology; because thats what set naval nations apart.

If WzmG wanted the IJN system to be the cream of the Crop? WG would have gone from the age of sail and steam [1860s] to the 1920s. Instead what we get is ~1900 -to the early cold war.

Imo, upon that fact alone, most ships should have radar and rpf.

Members
2,078 posts

This is the true definition of power creep.

P.S.

If they gave it guns more like Kronshtadt then it would be fine. The guns it has now are insane. 

Edited by MorbidGamer
  • Cool 1

[OPG]
Members
3,898 posts
5,488 battles
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

The Stalingrad with cruiser dispersion only has the standard 2.05 cruiser sigma.  The Stalingrad 2 with BB dispersion has the improved 2.25 sigma.

• Cool 1

Members
1,062 posts
4,736 battles

My only problem with the ship is that she is classified as a cruiser, not a battleship.  What is the logic behind the Hood and Scharnhorst existing as battleships, but this fantasy Russian warship exists as a cruiser?  

• Cool 3