You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
enderland07

Looks like anyone without 2 Stalingrad flags now is out of luck for 3 seasons --> stalingrad

13 comments in this topic

[MIA-A]
Members
1,982 posts
6,579 battles

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/introducing-arsenal/

If you participate in Clan Battles, you will receive 6,000 Steel for each of the two Stalingrad flags. The flags will be written off your account. For the third clan season, players who scored 30 victories in the Typhoon League will be able to receive 10,000 Steel, which allows them to accumulate the necessary amount of resources to get Tier X cruiser Stalingrad in Update 0.7.8. Thus, players who earn three Stalingrad flags will be able to exchange 21,000 Steel for Tier X cruiser Stalingrad. Two weeks after the release of Update 0.7.8, if you earned three Stalingrad flags and used your coupon to obtain cruiser Stalingrad, another coupon for a 25% discount in the Ships category will be credited to your account. Pay attention, if you fought in three Clan Battles seasons in order to earn Stalingrad, don't spend your coupon and Steel on other ships, otherwise you'll need to accumulate the necessary amount of Steel to purchase the cruiser without this discount.

Use the Coupon section to activate a discount for different items from the Arsenal! Each coupon can be applied to only one category and only one item from this category. Discounts don't stack: only one can be used at a time. Each coupon has a validity period. Some coupons will have multiple uses—some time after the first use, the coupon will be restored and you will be able to redeem it again. Each coupon will have a timer on it informing you of the time when the next coupon is available. Apart from this, a special icon will appear on the Coupons tab to let you know about new coupons. The time until new coupons are available will be displayed only after you spend all the coupons in this category.Looks like with the Arsenal, anyone who only has 1 Stalingrad flag currently will not be able to get the ship with 3 flags because it's tied to a discount which is only going to happen with the 0.7.8 update...

It'd be nice if WG either:

• Proofread things to be more clear
  • Didn't screw players over

I'm slightly optimistic that the description there will apply to any three seasons (flag 1, flag 2, flag 3) for the bonuses but it sure doesn't look like that from the wording. Given WG's history it wouldn't surprise me if people who only have 1 Stalingrad flag now get screwed out of the ship.

Hopefully someone can clarify this, otherwise it looks pretty crappy for those of us who only have 1 flag now and were hoping that in seasons 2-4 to get the Stalingrad.

Edited by enderland07

[MIA-A]
[MIA-A]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,012 posts
7,684 battles

Read the first sentence of the first quote you posted, the answer is right there.

The only one screwing you for not having played both clan battle seasons is yourself.

For coupons, read:

Thirdly, with Update 0.7.6 all players will receive different coupons, including one providing a 25% discount in the Ships category.

Two weeks after the release of Update 0.7.8, if you earned three Stalingrad flags and used your coupon to obtain cruiser Stalingrad, another coupon for a 25% discount in the Ships category will be credited to your account.

[MIA-B]
Members
21 posts
7,423 battles

lol simply go back in time

[-VT-]
Members
382 posts
22,771 battles

The Stalingrad is just a reward ship.  it is a symbol of achievement like other reward ships but it is certainly not the pinnacle of WoWs.  Don't stress over it. 

The ship sinks just fine as I have had the opportunity to do so twice this weekend.  :-)

~Sab

• Cool 1

[MIA-A]
Members
1,982 posts
6,579 battles
8 minutes ago, NeoRussia said:

Read the first sentence of the first quote you posted, the answer is right there.

The only one screwing you for not having played both clan battle seasons is yourself.

I mean... are there going to be two clanwars seasons between 0.7.8 and now? No?

I mean, it's possible WG will have that 25% coupon available forever (inspite of having also said coupons have time limits) and also retroactively readd the coupon for those who buy the Stalingrad after the 4th season... but knowing WG, I'd be surprsied.

5 minutes ago, Sabene said:

The Stalingrad is just a reward ship.  it is a symbol of achievement like other reward ships but it is certainly not the pinnacle of WoWs.  Don't stress over it. 

The ship sinks just fine as I have had the opportunity to do so twice this weekend.  :-)

~Sab

I know it's a reward ship. What annoys me is that it was pitched as "get 3 Stalingrad flags to get the ship" and now that seems like it's changing to be "get the first 3 Stalingrad flags to get the ship." Either the language is really misleading or incomplete -- or this is the case.

[-VT-]
Members
382 posts
22,771 battles
1 minute ago, enderland07 said:

What annoys me is that it was pitched as "get 3 Stalingrad flags to get the ship" and now that seems like it's changing to be "get the first 3 Stalingrad flags to get the ship." Either the language is really misleading or incomplete -- or this is the case.

Well, WoWs continues to be a work in progress.  The devs are charged with bringing in new features/ships to keep the game fresh and attractive.  They are also charged with maintaining some semblance of balance.

Stuff gets adjusted.  Ships, maps, economic system, experience system, whatever.  Everything has changed since first launch, let alone since Alpha.  I have to admit that some things don't strike me well (Flint and Black for steel?  Sheesh) but overall the game is held together rather well, I think.

~Sab

[OPG]
Members
3,913 posts
5,510 battles

1 minute ago, enderland07 said:

I mean, it's possible WG will have that 25% coupon available forever (inspite of having also said coupons have time limits) and also retroactively readd the coupon for those who buy the Stalingrad after the 4th season... but knowing WG, I'd be surprsied.

I'd be pretty surprised if that wasn't the case.  Plus they made it sound like the coupons would be pretty cyclical and available on a regular bases.  Right now to me it looks like the only real benefit to earning the first three Stalingrad flags is that those players get to use two 25% coupons as WG will reimburse them for the first one if they use it on Stalingrad.

3 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

I know it's a reward ship. What annoys me is that it was pitched as "get 3 Stalingrad flags to get the ship" 

I can't really complain too much, but that was the impression I had as well.  Call me a greedy [edited], but I was kind of hoping I could just use my Stalingrad flags to get the Stalingrad while saving all my steel for other ships.  

Oh well, it is what it is.  

Members
3,254 posts
9,531 battles

Is there a good primer on Clan Wars? I was on one of my frequent breaks when it was introduced.

Edited by Lensar

Beta Testers
2,858 posts
4,095 battles

people always find something to cry about,you can still get the stalingrad,it's just that the dudes that got the flags first will get it sooner.

maybe someone made a thread about flint and black "wow so if i started now i can't get flint and black,only the people that played before?GG WG GG,you screwed me".

[BIAS]
Members
3,052 posts
9,043 battles

So basically unless that coupon doesn't expire, a person will be 2k steel short after 3 seasons if they only have 1 flag now? 

[SF-3]
Members
1,452 posts
7,934 battles
3 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

So basically unless that coupon doesn't expire, a person will be 2k steel short after 3 seasons if they only have 1 flag now? 

Not sure, sounds like to me you get 12k steel, 6k for S1 and S2 stalingrad flags, if you get 30 typhoon wins in S3 you get another 10k. I am guessing that from here on out you will get 10k steel for 30 typhoon wins.

[MIA-A]
Members
1,982 posts
6,579 battles
5 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Yes, though you'd actually be short more, you would have 6000+6000+10000=22,000 and the ship costs 28,000.

Though it's not clear what season 4+ will look like. If each is 10k steel then yeah, we'll be 6k+10k+10k = 26k so short 2k. If the idea is your first two seasons give you 6k each, then you're going to be 6k short...

Edited by enderland07

[BIAS]
Members
3,052 posts
9,043 battles
2 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

Yes, though you'd actually be short more, you would have 6000+6000+10000=22,000 and the ship costs 28,000.

Why they don't just give 9000 a season and make the ship 27,000....

No it says you will get 10k steel for the 3rd season. So if you only have 1 flag, and get typhoon rewards in the next 2 seasons, that would be 6k+10k+10k

Edited by Ducky_shot