You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kizarvexis

Ship prices in Steel and Coal

142 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
9,021 posts
7,315 battles

So, you can get coal in containers (300-700) (400 or 900) and supercontainers (15,000). You can get 1,500 steel from supercontainers. You can also get steel in Clan battles.

You can purchase the following ships using Coal: Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya (53,500), Aigle (49,500), Yubari (25,500), Musashi (176,000), Salem (240,000), and Campbeltown (19,500). 

Steel will get you Flint (11,600) and Black (14,000). Tier X cruiser Stalingrad will join these ships in Update 0.7.8 and will cost 28,000 Steel.

Edit: Update 7.6 boosted the coal in normal containers and TYL containers.

Edited by Kizarvexis

Beta Testers
2,868 posts
4,098 battles

hmm it's aigle and musashi that interest me,i already have oct rev.

the flint premium ship looks cool,and it looks like you can get coal or steel from oil too.

oh i can't forget the coupons.

Edited by Cruxdei

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles

I am not sure if I like this whole idea of the Dev team, one more type of "money" to spend/save/worry about it is one of the things like this that drove me away from Lord of the Rings Online.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
9,021 posts
7,315 battles
1 minute ago, Cruxdei said:

hmm it's aigle and musashi that interest me,i already have oct rev.

the flint premium ship looks cool,and it looks like you can get coal or steel from oil too.

You only need 8 steel supercontainers to get Flint. :Smile_teethhappy:

I didn't see the oil to coal and steel conversion. Where was that at please? I know you can convert steel to coal (1:10), but you can not do the reverse. With steel becoming available in Clan Battles, I think more people will compete in them, hoping for a little steel and a lot of luck with super containers.

Beta Testers
2,868 posts
4,098 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

I didn't see the oil to coal and steel conversion. Where was that at please? I know you can convert steel to coal (1:10), but you can not do the reverse. With steel becoming available in Clan Battles, I think more people will compete in them, hoping for a little steel and a lot of luck with super containers.

"Firstly, when the Update with the Arsenal releases, players will receive a nice bonus for the Oil they have in stock—5 Coal for 1 Oil. After the release of Update 0.7.6, Oil is used only to build Naval Base objects and gain access to constructions."

• Angry 1

[ARGSY]
Members
5,886 posts
4,001 battles
9 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

and Campbeltown (19,500). 

I am so, SO glad I held off on paying money for this ship. Lucky choice. (I bought the Gallant instead, which is far more useful as a British DD captain trainer right now because it can do Indy Marathon missions as well as all the usual T5-eligible stuff; the Campbeltown is purely an indulgence.)

[PVE]
Members
9,021 posts
7,315 battles
3 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

"Firstly, when the Update with the Arsenal releases, players will receive a nice bonus for the Oil they have in stock—5 Coal for 1 Oil. After the release of Update 0.7.6, Oil is used only to build Naval Base objects and gain access to constructions."

I missed that. Shiny. I will get 43k coal from the oil I have collected.

2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I am so, SO glad I held off on paying money for this ship. Lucky choice. (I bought the Gallant instead, which is far more useful as a British DD captain trainer right now because it can do Indy Marathon missions as well as all the usual T5-eligible stuff; the Campbeltown is purely an indulgence.)

If you have collected 3,900 oil, you will get the 19,500 you need for Campbeltown. 

The only ships I am missing are Musashi (176,000) & Salem (240,000) for coal. And Flint (11,600) and Black (14,000). & Stalingrad (28,000) in steel.

I think people are going to be sad when they do not get steel in a supercontainer now. :Smile_teethhappy: 

Members
1,062 posts
4,736 battles
19 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

So by ~2048 if I don't get good enough to rank out, I can get my flint finally.  :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 2

[IHW]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
176 posts

well looks like steel is out of the question for me to ever obtain. The only question I have atm is how do I know how much oil do i have.

• Angry 1

[ARGSY]
Members
5,886 posts
4,001 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

If you have collected 3,900 oil, you will get the 19,500 you need for Campbeltown. 

Here is where I am a bit confused. I have collected a fair bit of oil for my clan (I would have to log into the game to check how much) but of course they spent it on things, as they should. Does the amount I gathered still count? i.e. is this a reward for my industriousness so far?

I've just been calculating the number of coal drops I need for ships I most want. Aigle will take 165 standard coal drops assuming starting from nothing; Campbeltown would cost me 65. Waiting on the Campbeltown and saving up towards the Aigle would give me the premium ship that travel obligations denied me back in February/March. (That's very nice of Wargaming, BTW; thanks, guys.) Yet another T6 ship I could run missions with. 

I'm almost more excited for the camos and flags - being able to get XP-boosting camo by steady accumulation of coal would be a BIG help.

Someone needs to run the math on the number of games required to earn the Musashi through coal vs. the number required to get the free XP for her. I guess it depends on how often you will be getting coal in ordinary container drops.

[STW]
Members
658 posts
4,340 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Here is where I am a bit confused. I have collected a fair bit of oil for my clan (I would have to log into the game to check how much) but of course they spent it on things, as they should. Does the amount I gathered still count? i.e. is this a reward for my industriousness so far?

I was wondering this as well, and if it's based on the oil I've collected for just my current clan or if what I collected in my previous clan applies too.

• Cool 1

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
8 minutes ago, HazardDrake said:

Still not enough to get me to play Clan battles. 

:Smile_great:

• Cool 2

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,303 battles
Just now, Deviathan said:

I was wondering this as well, and if it's based on the oil I've collected for just my current clan or if what I collected in my previous clan applies too.

My bet is yes.  When oil was first announced, there was this idea of parallel accounts, i.e., you collect oil for your clan but simultaneously there is a personal oil account that remains hidden.  So in order of decreasing certitude, I'm really confident that the oil you have accumulated for your clan will convert to coal for you even if your clan has spent the oil on building projects, and I'm somewhat confident that if you've split your time between two clans and accumulated oil for both, your "personal" oil should reflect all of that.  I'm not sure what happens if you've never been in a clan - maybe you still have hidden oil accumulation?

[PVE]
Members
9,021 posts
7,315 battles
5 minutes ago, DemonW0lf said:

well looks like steel is out of the question for me to ever obtain. The only question I have atm is how do I know how much oil do i have.

You will need to log into the game. On the upper right will be a tab [IHW]. Click on that and you can see how much oil you have earned for that clan. If you have been in multiple clans, you will not be able to see what you earned in the old clans.

3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I've just been calculating the number of coal drops I need for ships I most want. Aigle will take 165 standard coal drops assuming starting from nothing; Campbeltown would cost me 65. Waiting on the Campbeltown and saving up towards the Aigle would give me the premium ship that travel obligations denied me back in February/March. (That's very nice of Wargaming, BTW; thanks, guys.) Yet another T6 ship I could run missions with. 

I'm almost more excited for the camos and flags - being able to get XP-boosting camo by steady accumulation of coal would be a BIG help.

Someone needs to run the math on the number of games required to earn the Musashi through coal vs. the number required to get the free XP for her. I guess it depends on how often you will be getting coal in ordinary container drops.

The oil to coal conversion is the personal wallet for oil that WG talked about. Looks like steel and coal took its place, so from 7.6 on, oil will only help the clan with buildings and constructions (coming soon).

I have a feeling that coal will not drop in every container. I expect it to be like the FXP drops. I'm betting WG will not give out the percentages.

5 minutes ago, Deviathan said:

Should count all oil. I think coal and steel replaced the personal oil wallet.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,255 posts
8,815 battles
33 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Which at one every three months I will get it in two years. :Smile_amazed:

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
9,021 posts
7,315 battles
Just now, Lillehuntrix said:

My bet is yes.  When oil was first announced, there was this idea of parallel accounts, i.e., you collect oil for your clan but simultaneously there is a personal oil account that remains hidden.  So in order of decreasing certitude, I'm really confident that the oil you have accumulated for your clan will convert to coal for you even if your clan has spent the oil on building projects, and I'm somewhat confident that if you've split your time between two clans and accumulated oil for both, your "personal" oil should reflect all of that.  I'm not sure what happens if you've never been in a clan - maybe you still have hidden oil accumulation?

Nope, if you have never been in a clan, you will not have collected any oil. Collecting oil has been dependent on being in a clan. Which is why so many solo clans started. :Smile_teethhappy:

[PVE]
Members
9,021 posts
7,315 battles
Just now, BrushWolf said:

Which at one every three months I will get it in two years. :Smile_amazed:

Only if you get steel in every supercontainer. Steel is going to be another drop and I'm betting it will be less often than flags, but slightly more often than a ship.

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
39 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

I am not sure if I like this whole idea of the Dev team, one more type of "money" to spend/save/worry about it is one of the things like this that drove me away from Lord of the Rings Online.

Yeah... almost half a billion credits I still have nothing to spend on. Meanwhile, 2 new currencies to employ...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,255 posts
8,815 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Only if you get steel in every supercontainer. Steel is going to be another drop and I'm betting it will be less often than flags, but slightly more often than a ship.

True, make that 20 years. :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[ARGSY]
Members
5,886 posts
4,001 battles
8 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I have a feeling that coal will not drop in every container.

I agree completely. Otherwise we are talking about 587 coal drops to earn the Musashi, which (assuming a coal drop in every container) would take a player who gets all three containers every day a bit under seven months. 37,000 XP every day without Free XP boosts (to keep the math simple) is 1850 FXP a day (5% conversion), or 406 days (to give you a slight excess of FXP at time of purchase).

Again, to keep the math simple I have ignored supercontainers.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[FARQD]
Members
310 posts
5,921 battles

Is it a good idea to stop the Hasley campaign now as there might be a remote chance of getting steel from those super containers? Feeling bad for completing 3 stages :(

Edited by sansfaille
  • Angry 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
49 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

You can purchase the following ships using Coal: Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya (53,500), Aigle (49,500), Yubari (25,500), Musashi (176,000), Salem (240,000), and Campbeltown (19,500).
Steel will get you Flint (11,600) and Black (14,000). Tier X cruiser Stalingrad will join these ships in Update 0.7.8 and will cost 28,000 Steel.

Has there been a reports if these are going to be the only ships available all the time or is WG going to change it up once in a while?

Not really interested in these ships, I AM NOT KNOCKING THEM - just not interested in them.

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

I hope these things aren't the "only" things you get out of a container.

I still what to get what we get now.

Edited by Wulfgarn