You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Abumchuck

Trade crappy MODS from Supercontainer for good ones

20 comments in this topic

[Y0L0]
Members
4 posts
11,519 battles

WG - do you want to make your clients very happy?  

Simply allow us to trade the CRAPPY mods from Supercontainers for the mods we all want.  

Similar to trading or "purchasing" collection items - a ratio of 3, 4 or even 5 crappy mods to one good mod would go a LONG way to making Supercontainers something to work toward again.  As it is, many of us are no longer inspired to grind out the dailies to get that second box.  The grind to get the 3rd?  No way!

I've kept a spread sheet:  It's taken me 647 "rolls" to get 23 Supercontainers.  Within these I've received the following mods:  5 Spotter Plane (worthless garbage), 5 Damage Control Party (worthless garbage except on Arizona), 2 Defensive AA (1 good on Kidd), and 2 Speed Boost (good on almost everything).

I currently have ships in my fleet that are really a drag to play w/o Speed Boost mod (St. Louis lookin at you), so they go unplayed.

Let me trade in these worthless garbage mods for something I can actually use!  Even if the ratio is extreme!

Please!

• Cool 2

[VW]
Members
1,819 posts
12,266 battles
38 minutes ago, Abumchuck said:

Simply allow us to trade the CRAPPY mods from Supercontainers for the mods we all want.  

Similar to trading or "purchasing" collection items - a ratio of 3, 4 or even 5 crappy mods to one good mod would go a LONG way to making Supercontainers something to work toward again.  As it is, many of us are no longer inspired to grind out the dailies to get that second box.  The grind to get the 3rd?  No way!

I've kept a spread sheet:  It's taken me 647 "rolls" to get 23 Supercontainers.  Within these I've received the following mods:  5 Spotter Plane (worthless garbage), 5 Damage Control Party (worthless garbage except on Arizona), 2 Defensive AA (1 good on Kidd), and 2 Speed Boost (good on almost everything).

I currently have ships in my fleet that are really a drag to play w/o Speed Boost mod (St. Louis lookin at you), so they go unplayed.

Let me trade in these worthless garbage mods for something I can actually use!  Even if the ratio is extreme!

Please!

Or even better, get rid of mods in supercontainers altogether, since apparently they will be available in arsenal, and buff real rewards, like dubloons, premium time, large free xp, millions of credits, and hmm maybe ships!

#makesupercontainersgreatagain

• Cool 5

[WOLF8]
Alpha Tester
1,030 posts
4,347 battles

I guess because I never really do anything to earn them I've never really been disappointed by what's in them. It might also be because I never expect anything more than flags or modules.

[VW]
Members
1,819 posts
12,266 battles
21 minutes ago, KingCakeBaby said:

I guess because I never really do anything to earn them I've never really been disappointed by what's in them. It might also be because I never expect anything more than flags or modules.

Then you shouldn’t be opposed to them getting buffed.

[WOLF8]
Alpha Tester
1,030 posts
4,347 battles
6 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

Then you shouldn’t be opposed to them getting buffed.

I'm never really opposed to anything. I'm a go with the flow kind of guy. That being said I've seen a lot of complaint threads about SCs that really boil down to 'I haven't gotten a free ship yet' or even worse 'I haven't gotten a free ship I don't already own'. As we're not paying for them and they really aren't that hard to obtain, I think any complaints about them is kind of baseless and tasteless. Most don't care or share my opinions though and that's fine. As I said I'm a go with the flow kind of guy.

• Boring 1

[NMKJT]
Members
2,676 posts

I don't pull mods in SCs, so I would want a more equitable distribution of them first

Which I believe Arsenal will address

• Cool 1

[VW]
Members
1,819 posts
12,266 battles
2 minutes ago, KingCakeBaby said:

I'm never really opposed to anything. I'm a go with the flow kind of guy. That being said I've seen a lot of complaint threads about SCs that really boil down to 'I haven't gotten a free ship yet' or even worse 'I haven't gotten a free ship I don't already own'. As we're not paying for them and they really aren't that hard to obtain, I think any complaints about them is kind of baseless and tasteless. Most don't care or share my opinions though and that's fine. As I said I'm a go with the flow kind of guy.

Everyone seems to get them at vastly different rates. Mine was 6+ months to get a spotting plane mod. I’d say thats hard to obtain a supercontainer and a worthless prize especially given the wait.

• Cool 1

[Y0L0]
Members
4 posts
11,519 battles
11 minutes ago, KingCakeBaby said:

Is suggesting that we can TRADE what we get baseless and tasteless?

Just curious.

Lol: "I'm a go with the flow kinda guy" ...cept when I put others down as being "baseless and tasteless" for not agreeing with me.  Lol!

A "going with the flow" response would be something like "yeah man I can see / feel / hear where your'e coming from...  it's not too big a deal to me personally but I do appreciate your constructive idea to resolve an issue that obviously means something to you"...

THIS is an example of finding the "flow" and "going with it".

...just sayin...

Edited by Abumchuck

[INTEL]
Members
8,409 posts
25,237 battles
16 hours ago, Wombatmetal said:

I don't pull mods in SCs, so I would want a more equitable distribution of them first

Which I believe Arsenal will address

I hope so. Maybe if they put them all in Arsenal to be purchased, then we won't have to get them in SCs. 

I have no use for any of them. I just sell them. 

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
1,932 posts
3 minutes ago, KingCakeBaby said:

My complaint is NOT about whether I  got a free ship or not really that would be too much to expect however for example both in the Yamamoto campaign and the  Hit Hard Hit Fast Hit Often campaign I've gotten 2 super containers for the The Final mission 1st rank tasks  Yamamoto campaign  and the and 1st and 2nd rank Final Missions in the Hit Hard Hit Fast Hit Often campaign and it would have been nice to get even signals or camos for the super container reward for something  like rather than the ordinary module consumables I did get:Smile_sad::Smile-angry:

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,796 battles
12 minutes ago, Abumchuck said:

I don't think he's saying that TRADING is baseless and tasteless; he's saying whining about the free stuff you get is baseless and tasteless. Huge difference there, and I agree; it's kinda like taking all your Christmas presents to the swap meet and sniveling while you bargain for better crap. My opinion.

• Boring 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
1,932 posts
On 6/18/2018 at 3:09 AM, KingCakeBaby said:

On 6/18/2018 at 3:31 AM, Umikami said:

I don't think he's saying that TRADING is baseless and tasteless; he's saying whining about the free stuff you get is baseless and tasteless. Huge difference there, and I agree; it's kinda like taking all your Christmas presents to the swap meet and sniveling while you bargain for better crap. My opinion.

On 6/18/2018 at 3:27 AM, shadowsrmine said:

My complaint is NOT about whether I  got a free ship or not really that would be too much to expect however for example both in the Yamamoto campaign and the  Hit Hard Hit Fast Hit Often campaign I've gotten 2 super containers for the The Final mission 1st rank tasks  Yamamoto campaign  and the and 1st and 2nd rank Final Missions in the Hit Hard Hit Fast Hit Often campaign and it would have been nice to get even signals or camos for the super container reward for something  like rather than the ordinary module consumables I did get:Smile_sad::Smile-angry:

And I assure you they weren't free a lot of time and extra effort as well as quite a few signals were used in order to get to those final missions only to find on opening those super containers some lame modules I don't even use:Smile-angry::Smile_facepalm:

Edited by shadowsrmine

[O_O]
Members
778 posts
4,726 battles
4 hours ago, Taichunger said:

Maybe if they put them all in Arsenal to be purchased, then we won't have to get them in SCs.

If they stick with what's in the current PTS iteration, this is exactly the plan.  It's significantly better than waiting two months for an SC to pop on its own... and getting Zulu flags.

Thanks, the other nine-hundred were lonely.

-R

[TOG]
Members
2,346 posts
14,574 battles

The funny thing about the SC's giving you mods is that they give you the mods you're not interested in using. I've gotten smoke generator and speed boost mods when I was playing mostly BB's. What I really wanted right now is a radar mod.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
6 hours ago, Abumchuck said:

What is a Super Container™?:cap_haloween:

But while I do not get a lot of Super Containers, I do understand how you feel about getting a Mods that you do not need/want. What I would like see added back to Super Containers is the the Extra Credits that was removed a while back.

• Cool 1

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,769 posts
12,872 battles
4 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

Everyone seems to get them at vastly different rates. Mine was 6+ months to get a spotting plane mod. I’d say thats hard to obtain a supercontainer and a worthless prize especially given the wait.

LoL, I got TWO spotting plane mods last week.  One in a Halsey SC and one in a random SC.

[INTEL]
Members
8,409 posts
25,237 battles
20 hours ago, Umikami said:

Yeah, except no. There is an opportunity cost for selecting SCs.  I never use TRY YOUR LUCK because SCs are generally useless, since they usually have supermods I don't need or want. I always choose Signals and Camos. But when I get an SC, that useless supermod replaces signals and camos, which are useful to me. It's not a "gift' in the sense that you mean, instead I have lost something useful and gotten nothing in exchange. 

Edited by Taichunger

[WOLF8]
Alpha Tester
1,030 posts
4,347 battles
8 hours ago, Abumchuck said:

Just curious.

Lol: "I'm a go with the flow kinda guy" ...cept when I put others down as being "baseless and tasteless" for not agreeing with me.  Lol!

A "going with the flow" response would be something like "yeah man I can see / feel / hear where your'e coming from...  it's not too big a deal to me personally but I do appreciate your constructive idea to resolve an issue that obviously means something to you"...

THIS is an example of finding the "flow" and "going with it".

...just sayin...

Impassive is not the same as indifferent. The very vast majority of these supercontainer posts are people complaining that their free rewards aren't good enough which yes, is tasteless. It's no secret that most people expect free ships, or at least better odds of getting one. The former is simply greed. The latter has some merit but they way they go about asking often isnt constructive. Your original post falls into that category. Frustrations are to be expected when you feel like you're  banging your head against the wall but venting in a post where you're asking for a change makes readers like myself and probably the company representatives take you less seriously.

In the almost three years I've been playing this game I've gotten maybe (and this is a generous estimation) ten supercontainers. They've all held something useful but nothing I particularly needed or wanted. Neither the frequency nor the results of my particular experience with them bother me, so when I see someone getting wound up about them I kind of have to roll my eyes.

To give you a more direct response my answer would be no, I don't think you should be able to trade your rewards in for a better reward you can select. I could possibly agree with selling modules, special flags and even premium ships for coal and steel and through that possibly getting something else from the arsenal, but honestly Im pretty sure SCs will be reworked or removed anyways because the arsenal makes them awkward as they are and the general dissatisfaction of the community regarding them, misguided as I may think it is.

[5D]
Members
1,181 posts
7,086 battles
14 hours ago, Abumchuck said:

5 Spotter Plane (worthless garbage)

You seriously need to reevaluate that sentiment.

Or pass those over to me!

• Boring 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
14 hours ago, Abumchuck said:

Please!

I don't grind for containers,I play as long as I wish. I Get containers as I play my way. Super Containers are LAME at best. WG doesn't know the meaning of Super. The Entire Container System needs a Total Makeover.

The drop rate on SC needs  a raise  the 3-4% is  wacked 10%  to 50%  if the contents continue to be LAME as they are.  Make the SC Super then 3-4% is livable.

Let WG put out a survey asking what Super Contents should be.

Not just the SC are messed up the other than  SC are just as bad.

On the PT server I got 500 Coal in a SC {Really WG your overvalue of content is mind boggling} 

• Cool 1