You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
KalishniKat

confusion

84 comments in this topic

[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
7,266 battles

As my own protest as it is towards the WG policy of giving people who don't play $50 to $100 worth of free stuff, while asking me to pay money for the same stuff, I will no longer spend a dime on flags, ships, dobloons, premium time etc. If WG doesn't appreciate the loyal daily players, then I will no longer financially support WG. Maybe if more of us do that they might get the message. The game is "free to play" and that's how I'm gonna play it from now on. 

• Cool 11
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 20
  • Bad 4

Members
756 posts
15,482 battles

Well, not really my reasons for playing free, but welcome to the club....

[WAIFU]
Beta Testers
1,817 posts
3,498 battles

so what were you hoping to accomplish posting this in general discussion?

• Bad 1

[PSP]
Members
6,037 posts
8,580 battles

To understand what WG is doing here, read the story of the Prodigal Son.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[YAN]
Members
1,636 posts
7,464 battles

I mean I was pretty miffed by them giving out Indianapolis.. but

But what 50-100$ of stuff are you talking about?

Supertester
3,004 posts
10,057 battles
12 minutes ago, Hanger_18 said:

so what were you hoping to accomplish posting this in general discussion?

Seems pretty evident that he is bringing what he feels is a situation, to light. Whether someone agree's with his position or not is a different thing, though the premise of the topic is pretty clear.

[STW-D]
Members
1,833 posts
5,651 battles

(Looks at the nine premium ships I got without anyone giving WG a single penny)

(Laughs)

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[POP]
Members
1,153 posts
14,708 battles

I play everyday but if they want to give me a T-61 and or Graf Zeppelin I wont knock them back :Smile_teethhappy:

Hint  Hint WG

[TBW]
Members
6,293 posts
11,849 battles

Not the first post on this subject today. You don't present your lure to the fish that are already in the holding tank. Aerating it is nice though.

Members
755 posts
3,929 battles

Hell I gave away $200 worth of free stuff to other forum users this quarter already.

Guess it's time for me to gift someone the $75 Azur Lane bundle or a two-pack of HSF ships in celebration. Then we can enjoy even more anime content that you wouldn't buy anyway.

• Cool 3

[WOLF5]
Beta Testers
205 posts
2,337 battles

the Solution is to not play for a few months and maybe you too will get a free ship

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,775 battles
38 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

To understand what WG is doing here, read the story of the Prodigal Son.

I would have recommended the parable of the three workers; one who worked all day, one half a day, one only a couple of hours. All got paid the same, two complained. The master laughed at them, saying they all got exactly what they had bargained for. Just as you have, you are just complaining about someone else getting more free stuff than you. So are you mad because they got something, or because you didn't?

No one has taken anything away from you, but some others have received an incentive to come back. That is really no concern of yours, and doesn't affect you in any way, so if you choose to complain, fine. But in my opinion, you are wasting time and effort complaining about something that doesn't concern you and really isn't any of your business.

• Cool 1

[OPG]
Members
3,866 posts
5,463 battles

I don't know.....I just find it kind of ironic that you posted this thread right in the middle of the Indianapolis marathon....

[TF57]
Members
1,230 posts
3,915 battles

As my own protest as it is towards the WG policy of giving people who don't play $50 to $100 worth of free stuff, while asking me to pay money for the same stuff, I will no longer spend a dime on flags, ships, dobloons, premium time etc. If WG doesn't appreciate the loyal daily players, then I will no longer financially support WG. Maybe if more of us do that they might get the message. The game is "free to play" and that's how I'm gonna play it from now on. 

Must be that "time of the month." :Smile_popcorn:

A better protest: quit and uninstall, and never use the forums again. This would be a very effective protest I assure you!

• Bad 1

[CAST]
Members
1,393 posts
5,781 battles

Just keep working toward your free Indianapolis and enjoy your free Tachibana Lima.

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles

If i had a penny for every thread where someone told WG their wallet was closed i'd be like:

Scrooge_McDuck_swimming.jpg

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
7,266 battles
36 minutes ago, Harv72b said:

Just keep working toward your free Indianapolis and enjoy your free Tachibana Lima.

"working"...while others get 7,500,000 credits and 100k free xp and a Texas (which I spent real money for) for nothing by getting a gift e-mail. So..why should I buy dobloons to get credits or premium time or anything else when WG gives it away for free??? They don't give it for free to loyal everyday players, nooooo you have to ignore them to get free stuff.  If WG were a cell phone company a bank or any other business I'd switch, but unfortunately, they're pretty much the only game in town when it comes to warships, so I'll play but no longer patronize their business with my money. 

• Cool 3
  • Bad 2

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,021 posts
7,604 battles
1 hour ago, KalishniKat said:

So you're not working on the missions to unlock a free Indianapolis right now?

• Funny 1

[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
7,266 battles
2 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

So you're not working on the missions to unlock a free Indianapolis right now?

Nope....been playing T4 and T5 mostly, a few T6, but I'm not going to change the way I enjoy playing to jump through hoops to get their prize...especially when they give prizes away for free to people who do nothing.  Had tons of fun tonight machine gunning HE with my Izyaslav. What great prize will that get me?

Edited by KalishniKat

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,021 posts
7,604 battles
5 minutes ago, KalishniKat said:

Nope....been playing T4 and T5 mostly, a few T6, but I'm not going to change the way I enjoy playing to jump through hoops to get their prize...especially when they give prizes away for free to people who do nothing.  Had tons of fun tonight machine gunning HE with my Izyaslav. What great prize will that get me?

Nothing.  You don't get prizes for nothing.  Nor do those players who don't return when invited back.  Those incentives only go to those that play by the rules Wargaming sets out.  In the case of Indianapolis and other giveaways, it means playing at tiers Wargaming values.  For those that have been absentee from the game, it involves returning to something they may have set aside for one reason or another.  There's tones of freebies for existing players.  Don't get me wrong, I'd love more, but I understand incentivizing returning players.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2