You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IvanPonomarev

It's Easy Money

7 comments in this topic

[MIA-A]
Members
341 posts
9,660 battles

How I feel about some of wargaming's doubloon and discount changes or lack thereofore to squeeze pennies. 

[MIA-A]
Members
1,944 posts
6,549 battles

This is one thing we the player base can definitely  do with our wallets. I have splurged on doubloon bundles recently because they were a good deal. I will not splurge on doubloon bundles which are bad deals.

The steam bundles are such a great example. They basically got me a few TX camos I would never have bought otherwise. WG made pure profit on me for those - if I didn't buy them, I wouldn't buy anything else with that money. It was nothing for WG to "lose" there and everything to gain.

But now they've chosen to pick the "lose"  option in those situations. It will be interesting to see if WG changes back to how things used to work as I suspect a major percentage of their online community base (reddit, CCers, youtube watchers, forumers) will buy less now.

Beta Testers
2,817 posts
3,931 battles

i'm waiting for the 25k doubloon discount and 35 free exp event.

Edited by Cruxdei

[-TKS-]
Members
283 posts
5,536 battles
39 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

But now they've chosen to pick the "lose"  option in those situations. It will be interesting to see if WG changes back to how things used to work as I suspect a major percentage of their online community base (reddit, CCers, youtube watchers, forumers) will buy less now.

Doubt it as there is no data to support that people will buy less. Im going to say some whales might try to stop but most wont due the feeling of being heavily invested in the game.  those are the only people who would be affected , the casuals will still buy as will I . 

I did wish I knew it was going to change I would have bought more of the ranked trio bundle . that was a steal . don't see why they cant do something like it if they wanted a quick revenue dump . 

[MIA-A]
Members
1,944 posts
6,549 battles
Just now, EyE_dYe_QuIck said:

Doubt it as there is no data to support that people will buy less. Im going to say some whales might try to stop but most wont due the feeling of being heavily invested in the game.  those are the only people who would be affected , the casuals will still buy as will I . 

I did wish I knew it was going to change I would have bought more of the ranked trio bundle . that was a steal . don't see why they cant do something like it if they wanted a quick revenue dump . 

I mean, I don't believe I'm alone in that my spending habits are basically "I will never buy a fullprice ship but I will buy decent discounted things like the Steam sales."

I've spent... oh gosh, close to $1k now? But nearly all of that has been items similar to the value that the steam deals provide. Halloween crates, Christmas crates, discounted ship bundles.

WG is banking that I keep buying the same content but at more full price. That isn't going to be the case for me. It may be the case for others. But I really don't think I am alone in my situation.

[PVE]
Members
5,305 posts
17,730 battles
1 hour ago, EyE_dYe_QuIck said:

Well of course there is no hard data, that is kind of silly since it just came to be. What we KNOW for a fact is that unhappy customers will spend less or no money and the forums here an on Reddit have lots of unhappy customers voicing their opinion.. As a former "whale" myself, I am none to pleased. As Wargaming has made it clear, it is their game, not ours and I am good with that and respect their intellectual property. They are free to do as their please with their game just as I am free to do what I will with my money. Good thing about the free market is that things like this have a way of sorting themselves out whether thru policy changes or a company going out of business. Honestly I don't really care what the outcome is. 

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,093 battles

What policy change did I miss?