You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
rocko999_iron

Extended losses

13 comments in this topic

Members
5 posts
3,004 battles

So has anyone ever got into a series of losses?  I have been playing this game for about 3 years and have always realized that you win some and lose some.  But about a week ago I was on teams 

that lost 11 games in a row.  I got pretty frustrated and quit playing.  Two days later I played and went through 8 losses in a row followed by 2 wins then 3 more losses.  I stopped playing again.

Then today I have quit after 12 straight losses.  Is this just a coincidence?  I'm no great player but usually finish in the top half in teamplay.  So how do they decide teams?  Is it just a roll of the dice to pick players?

I know its just a game but everyone hates to lose most of the time.

Randy 

Members
3,415 posts
6,082 battles

Everyone has and there are posts and posts about it and all kinds of conspiracy theories.  MM Matches tier and ships and that is about it - provided there are enough players int he correct ships.  I have been up tiered more today than the last week (playing Rechelieu) and getting a good amount of tier X games..

Members
3,774 posts
15 minutes ago, rocko999_iron said:

So has anyone ever got into a series of losses?  I have been playing this game for about 3 years and have always realized that you win some and lose some.  But about a week ago I was on teams 

that lost 11 games in a row.  I got pretty frustrated and quit playing.  Two days later I played and went through 8 losses in a row followed by 2 wins then 3 more losses.  I stopped playing again.

Then today I have quit after 12 straight losses.  Is this just a coincidence?  I'm no great player but usually finish in the top half in teamplay.  So how do they decide teams?  Is it just a roll of the dice to pick players?

Randy 

You aint the only one.  The teams I've been on since starting with the Minsk have been mainly lost matches.  Either the team goes potato or they just throw away the entire match completely.  It happens.  It hurts the win rate but you get over it and move on.  Next.

[HELLS]
Members
1,692 posts
15,333 battles

Lost 7 of 9 on Friday, went 5 for 9 on Saturday, and went 8 of 9 today. Go figure....crap happens in this game. Take a day or two off, especially now that the good weather is here....

Members
3,254 posts
9,531 battles
1 hour ago, rocko999_iron said:

Is this just a coincidence?

Yes.

[FML]
Members
1,636 posts
9,912 battles
1 hour ago, rocko999_iron said:

Randy 

Yep, these streaks happen. I’m in a losing streak at the moment, where my teams are refusing to be carried to victory despite me driving my favourite ships with 60%+ WRs. 

You’re doing the right thing by walking away. Try doing it sooner though, say after 5 battles. Still, even if you are going to lose, take the opportunity to practice something, like ambush tactics, or shooting BBs through the bow. Try and be the top of your teams leaderboard. Think critically about what you did wrong before you died, which could have been a few seconds or a few minutes before. All of that is useful salvage from the loss.

Good luck!

Edited by UltimateNewbie

[-TKS-]
Members
286 posts
5,606 battles

I had 17 losses in a row once and  yesterday I started with 9 wins in a row . then I had what seemed like a bajillion losses in a row. 

[_AFW_]
Members
979 posts
7,021 battles

Best thing to do is take a break or you can become your own worst enemy. You start to get upset/angry and then you start making your own mistakes so take a break and chill. I play another game till i feel i can play WoWs without a meltdown. 

Members
2,120 posts
4,735 battles
3 minutes ago, Shadow_NA said:

Best thing to do is take a break or you can become your own worst enemy. You start to get upset/angry and then you start making your own mistakes so take a break and chill. I play another game till i feel i can play WoWs without a meltdown. 

Yeah I take breaks from this game when it's really getting to my nerves. I've gotta say it can be one of the more frustrating games I've played up to this point. I'm currently on a spree, but when I feel the need to take a break, I go back to console games / RPGs which are my main, or do something else altogether.

Edited by Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu
  • Cool 1

[ONAVY]
Members
704 posts
6,142 battles

Just remember for every match you are losing someone else is on a winning streak. Shite Happens

[THICC]
Members
68 posts
166 battles
12 hours ago, rocko999_iron said:

Randy 

If you start losing in one ship class, try another. If you are able to find people to div up with, then do it; it will definitely help you win some more battles knowing that at least 2 other people have your back. 

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
12 hours ago, rocko999_iron said:

So has anyone ever got into a series of losses?  I have been playing this game for about 3 years and have always realized that you win some and lose some. 

What tier/s were you generally playing when you experienced this trend? 

[4HIM]
Members
1,720 posts
3,905 battles

I just went through an abysmal weekend. Win rate in the low 20% range. Couldn't complete the Indy task to get a win and 70k damage. Hope this turns around soon.