You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
DrewTenma

User using illegal mod

25 comments in this topic

Members
188 posts
3,554 battles

I was just in a battle and a user is using some kind of mod that allows him to lock onto people using smoke screens and aim at them perfectly when they are not detected. I was killed by 4 PERFECT shots to my citadel when I was in my smoke screen. Including replay as evidence. I was also blocked in chat for 3 days for protesting his cheating. I want to be unblocked as I think this is unfair.

20180617_194606_PBSC507-Belfast-1959_41_Conquest.wowsreplay

• Boring 2
  • Bad 4

[TOG]
Members
2,378 posts
14,643 battles

You need to submit to Customer Service.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,678 posts
7,503 battles

Couldn’t open the replay but I’m on my phone , file a ticket with Wows if it turns out that this did happen than it will be dealt with 

Members
188 posts
3,554 battles
Just now, Incendiary_Tanker said:

Right... big thing were you shooting your guns? @DrewTenma

Yep but nobody is so good that they land 4 citadels in a row on someone in smoke... and then talk crap in chat saying they are just that good and haha your pay to win ship isn't invincible 

Members
1,334 posts
1,343 battles
3 minutes ago, DrewTenma said:

Yep but nobody is so good that they land 4 citadels in a row on someone in smoke... and then talk crap in chat saying they are just that good and haha your pay to win ship isn't invincible 

No... you are wrong. There are plenty of people out there who can guess your location when you shoot from smoke. Flamu, Arilos all these youtubers feature this in one of thier videos. And they have gotten kills doing this. 

Its not that hard if a skill to learn. So please don't assune cheats right away when you get outplayed.

Edited by Incendiary_Tanker
Reee grammer

[SSBN]
[SSBN]
Members
293 posts
4,952 battles

it’s easy mode with a spotter plane.

Members
188 posts
3,554 battles
2 minutes ago, Incendiary_Tanker said:

No... you are wrong. There are plenty of people out there who can guess your location when you shoot from smoke. Flamu, Arilos all these youtubers feature this in one of thier videos. And they have gotten kills doing this. 

Its not that hard if a skill to learn. So please don't assune cheats right away when you get outplayed.

I assume cheats because of the attitude he assumed when he killed me and how defensive he got when accused of cheating. Not to mention the odds of someone in a battleship preforming 4 hits in a row in smoke without missing even once. I am pretty good at hitting people in smoke and I always miss at least one shot in smoke. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
917 posts
2,119 battles
4 minutes ago, DrewTenma said:

RN cruisers have crappy citadels... You should know that! Somebody just aimed at the waterline right between the gun blooms and bam, your toast

Members
1,334 posts
1,343 battles
1 minute ago, DrewTenma said:

I assume cheats because of the attitude he assumed when he killed me and how defensive he got when accused of cheating. Not to mention the odds of someone in a battleship preforming 4 hits in a row in smoke without missing even once. I am pretty good at hitting people in smoke and I always miss at least one shot in smoke. 

Lsc7FU9.png 

Nice logic there... You assume he cheated because he had a bad attitude. That makes a lot of sense. Why do you think he got defensive. YOU are ACCUSING someone of cheating on baseless grounds! Of course, he would be upset. 

Furthermore, in your exact response,  you admitted that you could hit people in smoke. So why is it different when someone else does the same? 4 cits in a salvo is not that surprising if you were sitting broadside on and not moving. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Members
188 posts
3,554 battles
3 minutes ago, Incendiary_Tanker said:

Furthermore, in your exact response,  you admitted that you could hit people in smoke. So why is it different when someone else does the same? 4 cits in a salvo is not that surprising if you were sitting broadside on and not moving. 

yes I hit people in smoke but not with pinpoint accuracy like this guy did. The way his guns hit me he was CLEARLY locked on. 

[STURM]
Members
272 posts
2,772 battles

Having watched the replay, I'm 99% sure that Iron Duke wasn't cheating. You were sitting completely or almost completely still in the smoke, firing your guns, broadside on when he hit you with those salvos. You were giving him the largest possible stationary target. Not to mention he was, what, 5-7 KM away? Close enough that the sigma penalty for not having a lock wouldn't matter.

As for him being defensive, well, you started it by accusing him of cheating. I think his exact words in response were "Smoke does not make you immune, Belfast," followed by "and I can aim." 

[-TAB-]
Members
1,597 posts
5,126 battles

you are all right. it's easy, it's impossible, it's cheating, it's a skill, it's luck. depending on when it happened to you last, and what you were doing.

you were sitting motionless in smoke, firing broadsides, it's not miracle or cheat shots.

what were you wearing?

spud

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
4,969 posts
6,451 battles
25 minutes ago, DrewTenma said:

ive seen it be done before, heck ive done it before, you simply got outplayed, plain and simple, if you were firing they probably read where the shells were coming from and aimed there, its been done before and its far from being a hack

Edited by tcbaker777

Members
1,334 posts
1,343 battles
3 minutes ago, DrewTenma said:

yes I hit people in smoke but not with pinpoint accuracy like this guy did. The way his guns hit me he was CLEARLY locked on. 

zBLt1Xq.gif

2 minutes ago, Baskerville77 said:

Having watched the replay, I'm 99% sure that Iron Duke wasn't cheating. You were sitting completely or almost completely still in the smoke, firing your guns, broadside on when he hit you with those salvos. You were giving him the largest possible stationary target. Not to mention he was, what, 5-7 KM away? Close enough that the sigma penalty for not having a lock wouldn't matter.

As for him being defensive, well, you started it by accusing him of cheating. I think his exact words in response were "Smoke does not make you immune, Belfast," followed by "and I can aim." 

Thank you. Exactly my point! 

Also 5-7km? Pretty sure you would have been spotted by then, with the smoke nerfs. 

Edited by Incendiary_Tanker
  • Cool 1

[CUTER]
[CUTER]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,611 posts
8,804 battles

RNCLs even have the short smoke so you dont have to much room to move in it and if he was watching you stop and smoke he knew about were you where in it firing.

[INTEL]
Members
6,631 posts
25,364 battles

So a good player that knows how to shoot must be cheating. Gotcha.

It is not difficult to hit shooting cruisers in smoke while undetected in said smoke (esp RN CLs).

Looking at your gunshots, even better with a spotter plane to see depth. Not that difficult.

Edited by alexf24
  • Cool 1

[STURM]
Members
272 posts
2,772 battles
9 minutes ago, Incendiary_Tanker said:

Also 5-7km? Pretty sure you would have been spotted by then, with the smoke nerfs. 

Actually, I don't think he was spotted. At least, not at first, maybe at the end, since I wasn't paying attention the the situational awareness icon. And unless my memory fails me, Belfast gets a bloom out to 5.5 or so KM? I think? So he was right on the cusp of it. I can see why the OP would be upset though, the Iron Duke died to fire right after shooting. I think he even got a flesh wound award.

Members
1,334 posts
1,343 battles
Just now, Baskerville77 said:

Actually, I don't think he was spotted. At least, not at first, maybe at the end, since I wasn't paying attention the the situational awareness icon. And unless my memory fails me, Belfast gets a bloom out to 5.5 or so KM? I think? So he was right on the cusp of it. I can see why the OP would be upset though, the Iron Duke died to fire right after shooting. I think he even got a flesh wound award.

He's in a Belfast, so I have no Sympathy for him. Also, his attitude toward that Duke is unacceptable regardless. His anger has zero justification what so ever. 

[HINON]
Members
8,854 posts
19 minutes ago, Baskerville77 said:

I wholeheartedly concur after having watched it. OP you hardly moved in smoke, fired all guns at the same time, and did not change your angle after getting blapped the first time. The Iron duke has reasonable dispersion to pull this off, you were also in the very middle of the smoke circles making it child's play to hit you. His later salvos were from 9-7 km as you continued to fire revealing your position. This is a shot I could have made and I'm certainly not the best out there. Frankly, you gave him the best compliment as you assumed his skill was cheating.

Members
756 posts
15,482 battles

Cheating accusations are usually based upon the skill level of the accuser. What they can't do, nobody can do. I am constantly harassed (read: slandered) by a particular individual that can neither out-shoot me or out-think me. The accusations have continued for MONTHS, and constant accusations lead others to begin to think the same way. This vid analysis of a cheat accusation also shows that it colors other players' perceptions, as towards the end another player insinuates a cheat of being able to mask my presence at under 2km when I purposefully increased distance to NOT be where he'd think I'd be. While some say "Take cheat accusations as a complement," the reality is that it is a hit on your integrity, and being repeated begins to really lodge in the minds of others. That's why I take time to do these analyses, to show the truth of the matter:

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,742 posts
7,373 battles
1 hour ago, DrewTenma said:

You are 100% incorrect. I've done it multiple times, and I'm just a good player. If you're in smoke and you fire your guns, I can, and will, kill your ship immediately thereafter.

Edited by Th3KrimzonD3mon

[WGA]
[WGA]
1,117 posts
3,388 battles

Locking this topic. 

This concern is best suited for support and not for discussion since it sort of name shames the player in the replay.

Submit a ticket along with the replay and support will do the investigation.