You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
__crazy8s_

Fail Divisions still need to be fixed

32 comments in this topic

Members
3,774 posts

There are still fail divisions out there.  A tier 7 brings a tier 4 ship.  I mean come on.  If your division buddy wants to play a tier 7 ship and you don't have one, then sit the match out.  If you have a tier 7 ship then play the tier 7 ship.  For the love of who ever please don't bring a tier 4 ship to a tier 7 match.  I'm tired of seeing people complain and say they hate this tier or they hate the Wyoming.  Come on guys lets get real here.  Wyoming is an okay ship for its tier just don't bring it to a tier 5 to 7 match. Secondly.  I think Wargaming needs to change the way Divisions work in choosing a ship to play.  If a player takes a tier 7 or higher.  The other player should only be allowed to bring a ship that is 1 tier lower than the highest tiered ship.  Fail divisions aren't as bad as they used to be.  But somethings could still be worked out to make them better.

Just a rule of thumb.  If your buddy wants to play a higher tier remember to bring at least one tier lower or higher.  Don't be that fail division.  MMKKAY.

• Bad 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Divisions can only be 1 tier different since Fail divisions were removed a long time ago

• Cool 4

[SWFSH]
[SWFSH]
Beta Testers
2,438 posts
5,518 battles

Tier 7 and tier 4 is impossible. Max tier difference in divisions is +1/-1.

Members
1,165 posts
501 battles
5 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Divisions can only be 1 tier different since Fail divisions were removed a long time ago

1 minute ago, Cruiser_StLouis said:

Tier 7 and tier 4 is impossible. Max tier difference in divisions is +1/-1.

dear OP/..  please make sure you have a picture next time...

Members
3,774 posts

I'll prove it give me a few moments.  If it will let me get to the screen.

Edited by SuperSpud1

Members
3,774 posts
11 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

No I had a match a bit ago with a Colorado and a Wyoming paired.  I just gotta dig through my replays to find it.

Edited by SuperSpud1

[PNG]
[PNG]
Beta Testers
219 posts
7,856 battles

Here is what probably happen:

T5 and T4 ship formed division in port, they entered battle

due to "fail divisioning", they got dragged into T7 match

once in battle, a T7 ship joined their division, thus you have T7 ship in division with T4 ship

Members
3,774 posts

Alright here is the proof you all wanted.  IE Fail Division.  Tier 7 with a Tier 4.

shot-18.06.17_16.59.49-0157.jpg

[PNG]
[PNG]
Beta Testers
219 posts
7,856 battles
2 minutes ago, SuperSpud1 said:

Alright here is the proof you all wanted.  IE Fail Division.  Tier 7 with a Tier 4.

look carefully, the colorado is in division A with the yorck and Atlanta, the Wyoming is in Division B with the Omaha. It is in T7 match because it divisioned with T5 and got dragged there

• Cool 3

[RST]
[RST]
Members
170 posts
14,563 battles
4 minutes ago, SuperSpud1 said:

Um they are not in the same division. the 4 is in a division with a tier 5 ship. the tier 5 ship pulled him in to a tier 7 match. If you look there is a tier 4 on the other team too. 

[PNG]
[PNG]
Beta Testers
219 posts
7,856 battles

okay, but the situation you described, "T7 dvision with T4" did not happen.

Members
1,165 posts
501 battles
Just now, SuperSpud1 said:

Still point being its a fail division.

no  actually it is NOT.... not like the term USED to be used.... maybe dont get all worked up about it.... and move on... YOU WON?? great ,.,, if you lost   then you really screwed the pooch if you let a FAIL DIV team beat you,,,

anyway  it is not like what you think it used to be like....   get over it

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

No proof there the Wyoming is in a division with 5's

Colorado is in a division with 7's

The MM screwed the pooch here.

No fail division

Members
3,774 posts

Well point being a tier 4 ship should not be able to be in a 5 to 7 match

Members
1,165 posts
501 battles
1 minute ago, Shadewe said:

Um they are not in the same division. the 4 is in a division with a tier 5 ship. the tier 5 ship pulled him in to a tier 7 match. If you look there is a tier 4 on the other team too. 

also this OP....
THE MM matches like tiers so a three tier match is never one sided....

Members
1,165 posts
501 battles
1 minute ago, SuperSpud1 said:

Well point being a tier 4 ship should not be able to be in a 5 to 7 match

MOVING ON!!!!

[RST]
[RST]
Members
170 posts
14,563 battles
Just now, neptunes_wrath said:

also this OP....
THE MM matches like tiers so a three tier match is never one sided....

Agreed there. MM did what is was designed to do to make the match even. 

Members
98 posts
3,417 battles

FWIW, I've divved running T8 with T7 since the new MM patch and usually you don't get a fail div. Granted, this seems to fail when someone queues longer than 3:00 minutes.

(On a side note, I've had a handful of games being a T4 in a fail div where I topped the leaderboard)

[AK]
Members
404 posts
21,863 battles
33 minutes ago, SuperSpud1 said:

Just a rule of thumb.  If your buddy wants to play a higher tier remember to bring at least one tier lower or higher.  Don't be that fail division.  MMKKAY.

i sometimes wanted to be a t2 v 25 to fight t4 cvs, cuz its hilarious to see them try to spot me, cuz i have a 19 point capt in her :p

Edited by Submarine_M1

Members
3,774 posts

Well still.  I mean if you are divisioned with someone in a tier 5 ship I may have called the wrong division but even still being paired with a tier 5 at least bring a tier 5.  Not a tier 4.  Either way if a tier 4 is lucky he or she will do well but if they don't then they are SOL.  But still a tier 5 to 7 match should only allow tier 5 to 7 with no tier 4.

[-DOG-]
Members
182 posts
3,050 battles

Don't really understand why divisions can be different tiers but don't really see it as a huge issue.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,796 battles
12 minutes ago, SuperSpud1 said:

Well still.  I mean if you are divisioned with someone in a tier 5 ship I may have called the wrong division but even still being paired with a tier 5 at least bring a tier 5.  Not a tier 4.  Either way if a tier 4 is lucky he or she will do well but if they don't then they are SOL.  But still a tier 5 to 7 match should only allow tier 5 to 7 with no tier 4.

I have long been an advocate of limiting divisions to a single tier; if your partners are playing tier 5, then you should be playing tier 5 also. Having said that, you should really check out the rules concerning what you are posting about, as well as getting the players in the divisions correct; you would really have to try hard to screw up a post as badly as you screwed this one up.

[FML]
Members
1,626 posts
9,879 battles
40 minutes ago, SuperSpud1 said:

Given they are in different divisions, there is nothing to see here. Move right along. Working as intended.