You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LittleWhiteMouse

Mouse Needs Your Help: Massachusetts Review

76 comments in this topic

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,063 posts
7,614 battles

Hi, guys.  In an effort to crowd source some research data, I'm reaching out to the community again to accelerate matters.  What I'm looking to do right now is compare secondary gun battery accuracy of tier 8 battleships.

CRITERIA

• For this first part, I need samples from Kii, Amagi and North Carolina ONLY.
  • Commanders must NOT be using Manual Fire Control for Secondary Armament skill.
  • Commanders SHOULD have the Advanced Fire Control skill (I know, this sucks -- please don't spend doubloons / free XP to get this.  If your Amagi/NC commander doesn't have it then don't submit results for it).
  • Ship must NOT be using Secondary Gun Modification 2 upgrade.
  • Ship should have NO signals.

The idea here is to have near stock tier 8 battleship secondaries with artificially boosted range.

SETUP

• Load up a small map (low tier) training room and populate it with a single Fuso.  I prefer Polar myself.  Make sure you set the map timer for 20 minutes.
  • As soon as you load in, disable your secondary battery (default P key).
  • Sail up alongside the Fuso at a range of 5.9k to 6.0km.  This is why you need Advanced Fire Training for some ships to reach this distance. You want to be parallel to her with a full broadside of secondaries able to train upon her.
  • Take note of the clock timer and activate your secondaries (default P key). 
  • Let your secondaries cycle for NO MORE THAN 5 MINUTES.  So if you activate your secondaries at 14:59 on the clock, deactivate them at 9:59.
  • If the Fuso sinks before the 5 minute mark, take note of the time and how long your secondaries were firing for (this should only happen if she burns to death).

WHAT I NEED

I need the following from your results:

1. A screenshot of your ship setup alongside the Fuso with your secondaries firing.  I need to be able to see the range to target and your orientation to the target ship.
  2. A screenshot of the THIRD PAGE of the results screen with the number of secondary shots fired and hits clearly visible.
  3. The amount of time your secondaries were firing regardless if the Fuso sinks or not.

Thank you so much for anyone that can help me collect data for this.

Edited by LittleWhiteMouse
  • Cool 2

[NZS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
368 posts
8,978 battles

Drat, I don't think my Captains qualify.  Best of luck with the data hunt!

[HINON]
Supertester
18,966 posts
12,487 battles

Grabbing Kii. Don't have Amagi or NC, so I'll leave those to others.

@LittleWhiteMouse How about BFT skill?

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,462 posts
10,186 battles

@LittleWhiteMouse - I can do this for all 3 for you but what if a Capt has BFT too? Would this matter to you? I am thinking it might as it increases reload time? Don't mind helping out but would hate to have to respec. I think most who have AFT on these ships will have it for AA reasons and they would most likely have BFT too.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[WG-CC]
9,063 posts
7,614 battles
Just now, AdmiralThunder said:

@LittleWhiteMouse - I can do this for all 3 for you but what if a Capt has BFT too? Would this matter to you? I am thinking it might as it increases reload time? Don't mind helping out but would hate to have to respect. Willing if needed though.

Great question.  It's not really a concern.  The rate of fire over 5 minutes will point out if someone's using BFT or not (more shells out).  What I'm looking for is accuracy, so BFT won't hurt this.  Secondary Gun Modification 2, Manual Fire Control for Secondary Armament and the secondary signal would, though, which is why they're nixed. 

[HINON]
Supertester
18,966 posts
12,487 battles
1 minute ago, TheDreadnought said:

You don’t want Alabama results?

Should be the same as NCs.

[WG-CC]
9,063 posts
7,614 battles
1 minute ago, TheDreadnought said:

You don’t want Alabama results?

Not for this round, no.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,462 posts
10,186 battles
Just now, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Great question.  It's not really a concern.  The rate of fire over 5 minutes will point out if someone's using BFT or not (more shells out).  What I'm looking for is accuracy, so BFT won't hurt this.  Secondary Gun Modification 2, Manual Fire Control for Secondary Armament and the secondary signal would, though, which is why they're nixed. 

Ok will see what I can do for you. Will note if the Capt has BFT as well just so you are sure to know.

• Cool 1

[WG-CC]
9,063 posts
7,614 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Ok will see what I can do for you. Will note if the Capt has BFT as well just so you are sure to know.

Thanks!  Appreciated.

[SVF]
Members
898 posts
1,277 battles
Just now, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Not for this round, no.

Hmm.  Well, I don't have the Doubloons to retrain my 17 point Colorado captain to NC, so I'll wait for the round that involves Alabama (if one will take place).

[ARP]
[ARP]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Supertester
702 posts
6,706 battles

Kii setup:
Priority Target, Expert Marksman, Superintendent, Advanced Firing Training, and Concealment Expert for captain skills. No signal flags used. No Secondary Gun Modification 2. Secondaries were enabled at 54:00 and disabled at 49:00.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

oc5E666.jpg

l03KbGM.jpg

• Cool 3

[WOSV]
Members
324 posts
2,085 battles

So is Advanced Firing Training Required? Because I'm one skill point short, and I want to help. I assume it's to get the Secondaries out to 6km (and mine at the moment only go to 5.3), but I don't know if it's strictly required.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,966 posts
12,487 battles

Bf8PVkx.jpg

M2iiu5U.jpg

• Cool 1

[BNKR]
Members
655 posts
664 battles

I'll work on this tonight. I have a bone stock NC, commanded by an appropriately specialized captain. I'll just have to strip off the signals.

[WG-CC]
9,063 posts
7,614 battles
1 minute ago, Halonut24 said:

So is Advanced Firing Training Required? Because I'm one skill point short, and I want to help. I assume it's to get the Secondaries out to 6km (and mine at the moment only go to 5.3), but I don't know if it's strictly required.

Yes, it's the only way you'll get your secondaries out to that range.  Don't bother if you don't already have a commander with the skills already.  I appreciate the sentiment, but I don't want to make anyone have to spend points or captain experience (or worse, doubloons) on skills they wouldn't have normally taken for their commanders.

[ARP]
[ARP]
702 posts
6,706 battles

Amagi Setup:
Priority Target, Expert Marksman, Superintendent, Advanced Firing Training, and Concealment Expert for captain skills. No signal flags used. No Secondary Gun Modification 2. Secondaries were enabled at 6:00 and disabled at 1:00.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

m5SYvA9.jpg

cV2ScUH.jpg

• Cool 1

[FML]
Members
1,634 posts
9,910 battles
6 minutes ago, Lert said:

Bf8PVkx.jpg

M2iiu5U.jpg

Interesting. First player to post, 5 mins of secondaries achieved nothing of value. But yours killed the Fuso (mainly by fire). RNG ftw?

LWM was also after the time it took to sink her?

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
1,915 posts
3,304 battles

Wish I could help, but my highest battleship right now is tier 4. Would love to get my hands on a Kii, but alas, no money.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,966 posts
12,487 battles
3 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Interesting. First player to post, 5 mins of secondaries achieved nothing of value. But yours killed the Fuso (mainly by fire). RNG ftw?

LWM was also after the time it took to sink her?

I finished off the Fuso with primary fire to end the battle, secondaries and fires didn't sink her.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,462 posts
10,186 battles

NC with BFT/AFT but no MS, SBM2, or flags per request...

Firing time was 11:54 - 6:54. I exited the room not too long after the 5 minutes was done vs waiting to the end.

fIlB7lu.jpg

QQcKsQb.jpg

[FML]
Members
1,634 posts
9,910 battles
5 minutes ago, Lert said:

I finished off the Fuso with primary fire to end the battle, secondaries and fires didn't sink her.

Ah, yep. Tunnel vision fail! :-D

[ARP]
[ARP]
702 posts
6,706 battles

North Carolina setup:

Priority Target, Expert Marksman, Basics of Survivability, Advanced Firing Training, and Concealment Expert for captain skills. No signal flags used. No Secondary Gun Modification 2. Secondaries were enabled at 15:00 and disabled at 10:00.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

z0u993h.jpg

iMm6HrD.jpg

Members
8 posts

I've got all 3 ships, and I'm pretty sure captains with the skill needed.  If your still looking for data tomorrow I will also contribute.