Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheDreadnought

Event Idea - Cruiser League (Poll!)

Would you play in a Cruiser League to earn Steel or Coal?  

41 members have voted

  1. 1. Would you play in a Cruiser League to earn Steel or Oil?

    • Hells yeah!
    • Nah.
    • I don’t have an opinion, I just like to vote in polls!

20 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,498
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,804 posts

Thanks to late night matchmaker dumps, I have occasionally wound up in all cruiser games or all battleship games.   They are hella fun!

WG ought to offer these as limited time events, similar to ranked by less intense.

Maybe start out with 10 on 10 Tier 8 cruiser matches.

Missions could be attached (Win X # of cruiser league matches) and prizes could be Steel and Oil.

I think WG would sell a ton more premium cruisers this way - especially if you vary the tier over different seasons.  

It would be a ton of fun for the players, and would offer an opportunity to earn some of the new resources WG is coming out with.

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51
[POP]
Members
299 posts
4,891 battles

Not to go off topic but it would be fun if there were a couple of different game types like ALL DD, all Cruiser all BB and you select which type of game(s) you will wait for. You know you may have to wait a few mins for an all cruiser game. Kind of how Rocket League lets you queue for 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4 at the same type and you just play whichever game pops first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
469
[WORX]
Members
1,648 posts
12,706 battles

This idea is not a bad one however, it will only last for so long before it gets old fast. so why not give it a try... Cruisers are like the middle of the road between the DDs and the BBs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
755
[SF-A]
Members
2,849 posts
5,548 battles

Absolutely! The all-CV games would be uber-laggy, the BB heavy games are campy, and the DD heavy games are torpedo soup and smoke land. Cruisers are diverse enough however, to still have fluid gameplay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,707
[YORHA]
Members
3,260 posts
23 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

It would just be one more Complaint thread generator.

Might be a nice change from...

 

- Too much Radar

- BBs never push

- CVs are cancer

- Where are the subs in this game

- [Change du jour] will RUIN the game

- 'Weekends suck

- MM rigged

- Ranked  sucks

- NERF [shipname} NOW WG!

- BUFF [shipname] NOW WG!

- Quitting forever

- I'm back!  What did I miss?

 

threads.

Edited by JCC45
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,309
[-TAB-]
Members
1,597 posts
5,126 battles
26 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

It would just be one more Complaint thread generator.

I thought the complaint thread generators (CTGs) were BBs.

and they were extinct after the great IJN supernerf...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,824
[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
47 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Might be a nice change from...

 

- Too much Radar

- BBs never push

- CVs are cancer

- Where are the subs in this game

- [Change du jour] will RUIN the game

- 'Weekends suck

- MM rigged

- Ranked  sucks

- NERF [shipname} NOW WG!

- BUFF [shipname] NOW WG!

- Quitting forever

- I'm back!  What did I miss?

 

threads.

you could be right

X6nWS3B.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
102
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
579 posts
4,567 battles

Wouldn't be a bad idea at all. Just for some fun.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,589
[SALVO]
Members
16,627 posts
17,300 battles
3 hours ago, pewpewpew42 said:

Absolutely! The all-CV games would be uber-laggy, the BB heavy games are campy, and the DD heavy games are torpedo soup and smoke land. Cruisers are diverse enough however, to still have fluid gameplay.

Actually, I remember back when the PA DD line was released having some super DD heavy battles, and they were absolutely crazy.  And not in a terrible way.  Just wild and crazy.  Heck, I played my GC in one of those battles, and all those DDs had one hell of a time hitting me with torps.  There were so few heavy ships in that battle that I just kept HE loaded and made life miserable on any DD that got close to me.  Eventually, they got me, but it took them a LONG time to get me, even with their DWTs, because the torpedo beats were strong with me that day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,589
[SALVO]
Members
16,627 posts
17,300 battles

I think that having a short event, say a week or 2 long that was cruisers only, could be fun.  Set it up like ranked, but a good deal looser.  Maybe without any actual ranks, or maybe just 2 ranks.  The Silver league and the Gold league.  And it would take, say, 10 wins to jump from Silver league to the Gold League.  And another 10 wins to jump to the Platinum League, where you didn't rank out.  You could play as long as you liked against other platinum league members.  Heck, they could add a Bronze League too with a 10 wins to get promoted to Silver League.  Also, it would not be like ranked with losses dropping you back.  Just count wins, but do not count losses.  No falling back.  Just progressing.  And more for fun than hard core competition like ranked.

On top of this, I might suggest having the ship tier used in each League being different.  Maybe tier 5 for Bronze League, tier 6 for Silver League, and tier 7 for Gold League, and tier 8 for Platinum League.  My idea with these tiers is to have them low enough to increase participation.

One further idea.  For players who don't have the ships to play in higher leagues after promotion, perhaps there should be an option to refuse promotion and stay at a lower level.  But doing so would prevent them from gaining the rewards for being promoted out of those higher leagues.  For example, say you got promoted (but refused) out of Bronze League, you'd still get the Bronze to Silver League promotion reward, but you could not gain any further promotion rewards because you choose to stay in Bronze League.  Just a thought to address the concern that some had last ranked season where getting promoted to rank 10 meant they couldn't play ranked any more because they didn't have a tier 10 ship.  This would give them the option to keep playing.

 

Anyways, just some random thoughts.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
456
[LUCK]
Members
1,276 posts
19,091 battles
6 hours ago, TheDreadnought said:

Thanks to late night matchmaker dumps, I have occasionally wound up in all cruiser games or all battleship games.   They are hella fun!

WG ought to offer these as limited time events, similar to ranked by less intense.

Maybe start out with 10 on 10 Tier 8 cruiser matches.

Missions could be attached (Win X # of cruiser league matches) and prizes could be Steel and Oil.

I think WG would sell a ton more premium cruisers this way - especially if you vary the tier over different seasons.  

It would be a ton of fun for the players, and would offer an opportunity to earn some of the new resources WG is coming out with.

 

1 hour ago, Crucis said:

I think that having a short event, say a week or 2 long that was cruisers only, could be fun.  Set it up like ranked, but a good deal looser.  Maybe without any actual ranks, or maybe just 2 ranks.  The Silver league and the Gold league.  And it would take, say, 10 wins to jump from Silver league to the Gold League.  And another 10 wins to jump to the Platinum League, where you didn't rank out.  You could play as long as you liked against other platinum league members.  Heck, they could add a Bronze League too with a 10 wins to get promoted to Silver League.  Also, it would not be like ranked with losses dropping you back.  Just count wins, but do not count losses.  No falling back.  Just progressing.  And more for fun than hard core competition like ranked.

On top of this, I might suggest having the ship tier used in each League being different.  Maybe tier 5 for Bronze League, tier 6 for Silver League, and tier 7 for Gold League, and tier 8 for Platinum League.  My idea with these tiers is to have them low enough to increase participation.

One further idea.  For players who don't have the ships to play in higher leagues after promotion, perhaps there should be an option to refuse promotion and stay at a lower level.  But doing so would prevent them from gaining the rewards for being promoted out of those higher leagues.  For example, say you got promoted (but refused) out of Bronze League, you'd still get the Bronze to Silver League promotion reward, but you could not gain any further promotion rewards because you choose to stay in Bronze League.  Just a thought to address the concern that some had last ranked season where getting promoted to rank 10 meant they couldn't play ranked any more because they didn't have a tier 10 ship.  This would give them the option to keep playing.

 

Anyways, just some random thoughts.

Fun?! There's to be no fun in WoWs- this is serious stuff!

How dare you two conceive of something that could be different and enjoyable?

 

Bmmb.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
232
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,493 posts
8,037 battles
6 hours ago, karmajay said:

Not to go off topic but it would be fun if there were a couple of different game types like ALL DD, all Cruiser all BB and you select which type of game(s) you will wait for. You know you may have to wait a few mins for an all cruiser game. Kind of how Rocket League lets you queue for 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4 at the same type and you just play whichever game pops first.

Yeah!!! Like an all CV match would be so glorious! it would be as much fun as you could have with your pants on!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,498
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,804 posts
2 hours ago, Crucis said:

I think that having a short event, say a week or 2 long that was cruisers only, could be fun.  Set it up like ranked, but a good deal looser.  Maybe without any actual ranks, or maybe just 2 ranks.  The Silver league and the Gold league.  And it would take, say, 10 wins to jump from Silver league to the Gold League.  And another 10 wins to jump to the Platinum League, where you didn't rank out.  You could play as long as you liked against other platinum league members.  Heck, they could add a Bronze League too with a 10 wins to get promoted to Silver League.  Also, it would not be like ranked with losses dropping you back.  Just count wins, but do not count losses.  No falling back.  Just progressing.  And more for fun than hard core competition like ranked.

On top of this, I might suggest having the ship tier used in each League being different.  Maybe tier 5 for Bronze League, tier 6 for Silver League, and tier 7 for Gold League, and tier 8 for Platinum League.  My idea with these tiers is to have them low enough to increase participation.

One further idea.  For players who don't have the ships to play in higher leagues after promotion, perhaps there should be an option to refuse promotion and stay at a lower level.  But doing so would prevent them from gaining the rewards for being promoted out of those higher leagues.  For example, say you got promoted (but refused) out of Bronze League, you'd still get the Bronze to Silver League promotion reward, but you could not gain any further promotion rewards because you choose to stay in Bronze League.  Just a thought to address the concern that some had last ranked season where getting promoted to rank 10 meant they couldn't play ranked any more because they didn't have a tier 10 ship.  This would give them the option to keep playing.

 

Anyways, just some random thoughts.

 

 

Honestly, I don’t think you need any groupings at all.  I’m not sure what that would add.  Just a win counter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
588 posts

Any version of this idea sounds pretty darn good.   Maybe a short season of RANKED!!! to sort it out.    I am definitely in if any version of just Cruisers happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,589
[SALVO]
Members
16,627 posts
17,300 battles
14 hours ago, TheDreadnought said:

Honestly, I don’t think you need any groupings at all.  I’m not sure what that would add.  Just a win counter.

Gee, it's not like I said what you'd get for being promoted from one league to the next.  Oh, wait.  I did say that.  :Smile_facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×