Jump to content
APA_204

Proper procedure to report excessive in game vulgarity

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
2,459 posts
12,213 battles

I have thick skin, but the insults and threats I received was over the top. I have screenshots and would like to submit them and feel that something will be done. I got warned yesterday for posting a Bugs Bunny cartoon on this forum. Being told to kill myself seems a touch harsher and would like to send these screenshots to the appropriate source. If these clan members are doing to me, they are doing it to others as well.

Edited by Sweetsie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
587
[ARRGG]
Members
4,681 posts
7,503 battles

File a ticket with Wows and any screenshots or replay info to Wows, over the top rudeness is just not cool and they do take it seriously no matter what anyone says

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,059
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,223 posts
8,804 battles
1 minute ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

File a ticket with Wows and any screenshots or replay info to Wows, over the top rudeness is just not cool and they do take it seriously no matter what anyone says

^

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,886 posts
5,656 battles

In this case, a support ticket is in order.

  1. log in here and go to here: https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/ 
  2. Select game (World of Warships)
  3. Go to "my tickets"
  4. Click the "contact support" button
  5. Select the problem "rule violations"
  6. Select "I was insulted or harassed - report a player"
  7. Select "chat insults and harassment"
  8. Select category (battle violation = occurred in the in-battle chat, hanger violation = port message)
  9. Fill in the following
    1. perpetrator's name
    2. date and time
    3. description of the issue
    4. attach any evidence you have
  10. Send ticket

Do note that WG will not ever reveal what action they take.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,459 posts
12,213 battles
1 hour ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

In this case, a support ticket is in order.

  1. log in here and go to here: https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/ 
  2. Select game (World of Warships)
  3. Go to "my tickets"
  4. Click the "contact support" button
  5. Select the problem "rule violations"
  6. Select "I was insulted or harassed - report a player"
  7. Select "chat insults and harassment"
  8. Select category (battle violation = occurred in the in-battle chat, hanger violation = port message)
  9. Fill in the following
    1. perpetrator's name
    2. date and time
    3. description of the issue
    4. attach any evidence you have
  10. Send ticket

Do note that WG will not ever reveal what action they take.

Thank you, ticket sent. Am I no angel but the vulgarity and harassment these two used were over the top 100 fold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,178 posts
501 battles
1 hour ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

In this case, a support ticket is in order.

  1. log in here and go to here: https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/ 
  2. Select game (World of Warships)
  3. Go to "my tickets"
  4. Click the "contact support" button
  5. Select the problem "rule violations"
  6. Select "I was insulted or harassed - report a player"
  7. Select "chat insults and harassment"
  8. Select category (battle violation = occurred in the in-battle chat, hanger violation = port message)
  9. Fill in the following
    1. perpetrator's name
    2. date and time
    3. description of the issue
    4. attach any evidence you have
  10. Send ticket

Do note that WG will not ever reveal what action they take.

THIS!!!

 

if it is severe enough the player will get an email telling them there is one strike left and after that  they     are       DONE  (thats what I hear anyway,,,:Smile_hiding:

 

good luck

Edited by neptunes_wrath

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,774 posts
16 hours ago, Sweetsie said:

I have thick skin, but the insults and threats I received was over the top. I have screenshots and would like to submit them and feel that something will be done. I got warned yesterday for posting a Bugs Bunny cartoon on this forum. Being told to kill myself seems a touch harsher and would like to send these screenshots to the appropriate source. If these clan members are doing to me, they are doing it to others as well.

I get the toxic players on a daily basis.  If they are being abusive towards you then yea report it screen shot it and submit a ticket boom they get chat banned and a possible strike on their account.  I've been a D B myself sometimes but I have been trying not to be.  Toxic players are just well toxic and it ruins the game.  Then you get the individuals for calling you a [edited] because you report them.  Guess what the one that calls you a [edited] gets reported too.  Thick skin is a must with this game yes.  But there is a point where somethings can not go un punished by the Support Gods.  On the weekends I find myself using more reports and actually have to submit tickets because players are just too toxic.  Not sure why some people have to be Keyboard warriors.  But the easiest way is to just report it.

 

If I'm the one being a jerk in game because someone else is attacking me, and I get a chat ban for it.  So be it.  But if I was not being a jerk and get attacked.  Then yea I'll report them.  If they wanna keep talking they can support is just going to look through their whole chat history once that ticket is submitted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,309
[-TAB-]
Members
1,597 posts
5,126 battles
1 minute ago, SuperSpud1 said:

If I'm the one being a jerk in game because someone else is attacking me, and I get a chat ban for it.  So be it.  But if I was not being a jerk and get attacked.  Then yea I'll report them.  If they wanna keep talking they can support is just going to look through their whole chat history once that ticket is submitted.

as part of the 'spud' family, I feel I must remind you that every time you post using colloquial vituperation, slang, foul language or hurtful things, you bring us all a notch or two closer to your level.

(edited),please (edited) knock that (edited) (edited) off asap.

thank you. spud

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
210
[SYN]
Members
326 posts
5,998 battles

I’m an adult, so I just ignore it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Community Department
2,027 posts
512 battles
16 hours ago, Sweetsie said:

I have thick skin, but the insults and threats I received was over the top. I have screenshots and would like to submit them and feel that something will be done. I got warned yesterday for posting a Bugs Bunny cartoon on this forum. Being told to kill myself seems a touch harsher and would like to send these screenshots to the appropriate source. If these clan members are doing to me, they are doing it to others as well.

15 hours ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

In this case, a support ticket is in order.

  1. log in here and go to here: https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/ 
  2. Select game (World of Warships)
  3. Go to "my tickets"
  4. Click the "contact support" button
  5. Select the problem "rule violations"
  6. Select "I was insulted or harassed - report a player"
  7. Select "chat insults and harassment"
  8. Select category (battle violation = occurred in the in-battle chat, hanger violation = port message)
  9. Fill in the following
    1. perpetrator's name
    2. date and time
    3. description of the issue
    4. attach any evidence you have
  10. Send ticket

Do note that WG will not ever reveal what action they take.

It's the best option to do. Plus use adding to a blacklist, if it is needed. 

Locking to prevent discussing other violations in the topic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×