You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
__crazy8s_

Maybe I should start or finish the Russian DD line....

27 comments in this topic

Members
3,774 posts

So the Minsk what can I complain about with the Minsk?  NOTHING.  I decided to by it back because lately I've been enjoying playing the destroyer gun boats.  Regardless of Radar and what not they are still fun.   I don't know if its going to be worth it to grind up and get my Khab and or  Grozovi not sure how well they do as tier 10s.  But needless to say when you have games like this by no means is it a carry but I think it's good enough.  Does anyone have any great recommendations for captain perks?  Oh on a small side note I love killing off players who are toxic lol.

shot-18.06.17_11.38.39-0684.jpg

[TBW]
Members
6,293 posts
11,849 battles

Do it.

26 minutes ago, SuperSpud1 said:

So the Minsk what can I complain about with the Minsk?  NOTHING.  I decided to by it back because lately I've been enjoying playing the destroyer gun boats.  Regardless of Radar and what not they are still fun.   I don't know if its going to be worth it to grind up and get my Khab and or  Grozovi not sure how well they do as tier 10s.  But needless to say when you have games like this by no means is it a carry but I think it's good enough.

shot-18_06.10_18_44.49-0871.thumb.jpg.7e08879567e714100df3909e421cc349.jpgshot-18_06.10_18_44.55-0295.thumb.jpg.2ea0d63c13ca346039746e4fa5938b77.jpg

No Stat shaming intended just self glorification.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1

Members
3,774 posts

Not sure what you are trying to say on that one.

[TBW]
Members
6,293 posts
11,849 battles
5 minutes ago, SuperSpud1 said:

Not sure what you are trying to say on that one.

The title of the post, finish the line. As for Captains points no one ever agrees with my choices. I would have shown a Khab game or a Groz but I don't have those yet.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1

Members
3,774 posts

I don't know why but I easily get bored with playing certain ships over and over again.  Then I go AdHd on trying to figure out what line I want to do.  I already have several tier 10s Shimakaze and Gearing are both done so I figure why not just finish off the Russian DDs.

[STW-D]
Members
1,834 posts
5,651 battles

Well, captain perks depend on what ship you're running, since IFHE is much useful on Podvoisky or Minsk and not so much on Tashkent or Khabarovsk.

My plan for my current Minsk captain who'll eventually transfer to Khaba:

PT, PM, LS, SE, AFT, SI, DE, and AR, not necessarily in that order however.

You could also take BFT if you want, but I'm not particularly interested. 

One very nice thing I find about Minsk is that you don't necessarily have to fear cruisers that most of destroyers have to flee desperately from, like Atlanta or Belfast. I personally have no qualms about engaging in a long-range firefight with Atlanta, especially since their high arcs mean that it's fairly easy to evade. It's only the ships that sneak up on you that I find most challenging: everyone else becomes target for HE spam (or AP for cruisers that show broadside)

Members
3,774 posts

Well I've actually been playing quite aggressively with the Minks.  I'm going to have to keep it because of the Grozovoi Id like to get that one as well.  But for some reason this is the only DD that I have played where I'm quite literally not afraid of cruisers.  Radar or not.  The AP on this little boat is well yea nasty.  I can easily citadel ships with this one.

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,871 posts
10,411 battles

Khab and groz are both really good. I personally will never play minsk bc Leningrad is literally just flat out better.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,249 battles

Captain skills. 

1. In the lower tier RU DDs, Expert Marksman (faster turret rotation) is a must.  But when you get to high tier RU DDs, EM starts becoming less and less necessary as their innate rotation speed improves.

2. AFT is an extremely desirable skill because extra range means that you are better able to dodge incoming shells.

3. CE is highly dependent on the specific DD.  If having a full stealth build can allow you to stealth torp, then it's definitely worth it.  The Grozovoi can get her concealment down to 6 km (with 10km torps), so it's definitely worth it.  OTOH, the Khab's torps are only crappy, slow, 6 km ones.  I'm of the opinion that a full concealment or even partial concealment build on the Khab is a waste of time.  Others disagree.  I don't like giving up the double rudder just to get a little extra concealment from the upgrade module, because IMO the Khab handles like a pregnant whale without the double rudder.  And I don't think that the CE skill is worth the 4 point cost when there are other skills that I can get more value out of, particularly since the Khab is at its best when constantly shooting.  But again, others disagree.

4. Survival Expert is a very solid choice for RU DDs for the extra HP.

Members
3,774 posts
22 minutes ago, Komrade_Rylo said:

Khab and groz are both really good. I personally will never play minsk bc Leningrad is literally just flat out better.

I do own Lenningrad fortunately.  Dang Santa Crates lol.  It is a fun ship.  But I gotta grind the Minsk to get the better ships.

18 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Captain skills. 

1. In the lower tier RU DDs, Expert Marksman (faster turret rotation) is a must.  But when you get to high tier RU DDs, EM starts becoming less and less necessary as their innate rotation speed improves.

2. AFT is an extremely desirable skill because extra range means that you are better able to dodge incoming shells.

3. CE is highly dependent on the specific DD.  If having a full stealth build can allow you to stealth torp, then it's definitely worth it.  The Grozovoi can get her concealment down to 6 km (with 10km torps), so it's definitely worth it.  OTOH, the Khab's torps are only crappy, slow, 6 km ones.  I'm of the opinion that a full concealment or even partial concealment build on the Khab is a waste of time.  Others disagree.  I don't like giving up the double rudder just to get a little extra concealment from the upgrade module, because IMO the Khab handles like a pregnant whale without the double rudder.  And I don't think that the CE skill is worth the 4 point cost when there are other skills that I can get more value out of, particularly since the Khab is at its best when constantly shooting.  But again, others disagree.

4. Survival Expert is a very solid choice for RU DDs for the extra HP.

Usually always I will take concealment expert on my dds.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,775 battles
23 minutes ago, SuperSpud1 said:

Usually always I will take concealment expert on my dds.

You don't own a Khab, do you?

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
648 posts
12,019 battles
18 minutes ago, SuperSpud1 said:

Nope.

So you know khaba don't use con. :D /at least smoke + con khaba build is not that popular like beast like heal khaba:D/

+1 for Khabarovsk rule the world :D

Edited by Gandariel

[WOLF2]
Members
760 posts
7,021 battles
Spoiler

rYT9dZ8.jpg

Its a worthy line, for sure.

Honestly, though - by the time I finished it, I was bored of the HE spamming - I hardly sail Khab, anymore.

I do enjoy a spin in Leningrad (fitted with the special speed boost module), from time to time - it more than satisfies the urge to harvest salt from BB mains - ha ha!

Members
3,774 posts

Oh I've already been harvesting salt from toxic waist in games with Minsk already lol.

[WOLF2]
Members
760 posts
7,021 battles
1 minute ago, SuperSpud1 said:

Oh I've already been harvesting salt from toxic waist in games with Minsk already lol.

Don't disparage the toxicity - revel in it.

Just like Hax accusations - it means you are doing it right - and the tears of the fallen are nectar-sweet.

• Funny 1

Members
3,774 posts
14 minutes ago, ddoubletapp1 said:

Don't disparage the toxicity - revel in it.

Just like Hax accusations - it means you are doing it right - and the tears of the fallen are nectar-sweet.

I just find it amusing lol.  Especially when you kill them and they get salty because they died from your torps or shells lol.  Its just funny.  If it's too toxic I just report it.  No big deal.

Members
3,254 posts
9,531 battles

The Groz is the only T10 DD I haven't unlocked, tho I am up to T9 in that line. 

I'd push through to get it, just for completion sake, but I'm not super thrilled with the current environement WG has created.

Members
3,774 posts

So is it true do the tier 10 Russian DDs have repair party?

Members
659 posts
4,237 battles
2 minutes ago, SuperSpud1 said:

So is it true do the tier 10 Russian DDs have repair party?

T9 and T10 Russian DDs on the main line (Tashkent and Khaba) can have repair party in place of smoke. None of the sub-branch DDs have it although it is possible that the T10 (Grozovoi) will get it at some point in the future. 

Edited by Rocketpacman

Members
3,774 posts

I would honestly rather have the smoke than the repair party.

Alpha Tester
2,713 posts
4,273 battles

For a 10-pointer you'd want AFT for Kiev (and EM if you want to keep it long-term, those turrets are pretty slow) and TAE/CE for Ognevoi.

Ognevoi is a good torpedo boat (if you don't have one yet) for those pesky torpedo missions while being able to shoot back with good effect with Khab railguns (needs to be researched but can be mounted on stock hull that has access to the quick loading triple tubes)...while with Kiev you can truly screw concealment and fire away from max range and dodging shots...

If you like spamming shells then go with Kiev, if you like to be a tad more stealthy go with Ognevoi...although Udaloi apparently slips back to mainline guns-blazing DD style, but with Khab railguns one tier earlier...

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,249 battles
2 hours ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

I recommend both.

I prefer Grozovoy to Khaba.  You can actually do DD things in Grozovoy and she is far more flexible.

I agree with Kuro on this.  Both are very good DDs.  But they have very different playstyles, IMO.

The Groz can be played very much like a Z-52 (or a Gearing or Yueyang), i.e. a hybrid DD having both good guns and good torps.  And as such, if you know how to use any of those DDs effectively, there's no reason you can't play the Groz the same way.

OTOH, the Khab is a pure, shoot and scoot gunboat that's best used when keeping its guns constantly firing.  It can be annoying to have such crappy concealment (9.7 km when the only concealment buff thing you have is your camo paint), but if your guns are constantly firing, it's not that big an issue.  And if you're a good Khab driver, you can do recon by just tempting people into spotting you and then shooting you.  Just be ready to change course the instant you're spotted, and start dodging the instant you have people targeting you with guns (having the PT skill really helps with this).  You may not be able to spot everything before they spot you, but what you can do is tempt them into firing on you and lighting themselves up, thus providing targets for nearby friendlies who are hopefully around to support you.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,249 battles
1 hour ago, SuperSpud1 said:

I would honestly rather have the smoke than the repair party.

Spud, if you're in a Khab, the Heal is preferable.  The Khab really isn't meant to be a smoke shooter.  You have so damned much speed, that stopping to use smoke is giving up perhaps your greatest advantage.

OTOH, the Groz is probably better suited to being a smoke shooter because it's a little easier to hit due to its slightly lower speed and larger, softer hull.