You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
gillhunter

Strongest T6 Cruiser

46 comments in this topic

[CIAO]
[CIAO]
Members
366 posts
18,016 battles

Now with the US Cruiser line split which Tech Tree T6 Cruiser do you think is the strongest? I think the Budyonny is. Upside, strong guns and decent armor, for a cruiser. Downside, slow rudder shift. Plus it does have torps. Your thoughts.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,957 posts
12,479 battles

Whatever one is driven by the player who understands his strengths and weaknesses best. I'm more afraid of a well driven Pensacola than a poorly driven Budyonny.

• Cool 8
  • Bad 3

[TBW]
Members
6,349 posts
11,894 battles

Molotov. Oh Tech tree? Leander.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[PVE]
Members
499 posts
4,127 battles

Between the USN, IJN, and KM cruisers I like the Nurnberg as the best all around. I feel the Pensacola is also quite good, but I have only played it once or twice since the move to T6. I have not ground up to the others in the tech tree yet.

For premiums, Molotov is nice but I like De Grasse better and feel she is more flexible.

Edited by MasterDiggs

Members
448 posts
7,474 battles

Another vote for the Budyonny - top notch gunnery and more durable than you would expect. It's an excellent boat.

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,218 posts
6,433 battles

In my hands, the Budyonny worked the best. Even before Cleveland went to T8.

[CIAO]
[CIAO]
Members
366 posts
18,016 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

Whatever one is driven by the player who understands his strengths and weaknesses best. I'm more afraid of a well driven Pensacola than a poorly driven Budyonny.

I totally agree. That is probably true of any ship. I do think the Budyonny may be an easier ship to play well than the Pepsi.

Edited by gillhunter

[SF-A]
Members
2,849 posts
5,548 battles

Probably Budyonny. All T6 cruisers are excellent, but Budyonny has the best combo of range and damage that allows you to mitigate the weakness of fragility.

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,493 posts
8,037 battles
1 hour ago, gillhunter said:

Now with the US Cruiser line split which Tech Tree T6 Cruiser do you think is the strongest? I think the Budyonny is. Upside, strong guns and decent armor, for a cruiser. Downside, slow rudder shift. Plus it does have torps. Your thoughts.

Budyonni has always been the strangest since her inception. Exceptional range, rof and velocity with torpedoes. Cleveland didnt come close to her.

Graf Spee is a close second with her T8 tankiness, 11in lolpen guns and fantastic torpedo arcs.

Pensacola comes in at 3rd place; She's where she shpuld always have been. Plays like an Omaha with 203s lolpenning the crap out of t5 cruisers and t5-6 destroyers. I dont even switch to HE in this thing unlss fighting angled battleships.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,319 posts
3,668 battles

I'm a lover of Budy, she is a very capable ship, but I am curious how nobody even mentions De Grasse.

Been playing her lately, and in my opinion she is one of the best jack of all trades cruisers. Her shell arcs are high enough to permit firing behind cover, something that Budyonny struggles with, but are less floaty than the old USN ones, making shooting targets at range easy. Her torpedo suite is pretty useful as well with the long range. In addition to all that, while Budy is faster, with speed boost and flags you can hit 40.5 knots.

If I was certain I would get into a long range fight, I would pick Budyonny any day over De Grasse, but she can perform in almost any map and environment.

[INTEL]
Members
6,630 posts
25,349 battles

I'd say Budyonny IMO, but Lert has a point.

• Cool 1

[CIAO]
[CIAO]
Members
366 posts
18,016 battles
19 minutes ago, HowitzerBlitzer said:

Cleveland, duh

Do you think we should tell him?

• Funny 2

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

This ... It's not the ship, it's the Captain.

53 minutes ago, gillhunter said:

I do think the Budyonny may be an easier ship to play well than the Pepsi.

Both are good ships, and can cause lots of damage, but both are very different from each other.

25 minutes ago, HowitzerBlitzer said:

Cleveland, duh

NOT a tier 6 cruiser.

6 minutes ago, gillhunter said:

Oh hell yes!

• Cool 2

Members
411 posts

Graf Spee, but I'm super-biased. Global record holder for max damage in one game in it :cap_tea:

Edited by KonigstigerVII
  • Cool 1

[VW]
Members
1,833 posts
12,289 battles
26 minutes ago, gillhunter said:

He knows. I was about to say the same thing given theoretically she is in the same mm spread, even though in practice she’s really a tier 10 ship.

Members
4,457 posts
6,181 battles
1 hour ago, Crokodone said:

Budyonni has always been the strangest since her inception. Exceptional range, rof and velocity with torpedoes. Cleveland didnt come close to her.

Graf Spee is a close second with her T8 tankiness, 11in lolpen guns and fantastic torpedo arcs.

Pensacola comes in at 3rd place; She's where she shpuld always have been. Plays like an Omaha with 203s lolpenning the crap out of t5 cruisers and t5-6 destroyers. I dont even switch to HE in this thing unlss fighting angled battleships.

I don't know how accurate the stat sites are but last time I checked Graf Spee was close to a 55% win rate which is tops in tier 6 I do believe for cruisers.  Pretty impressive.  Now, I don't know if you would call her a cruiser or a small BB or what the hell (hybrid?) but she has held these high numbers since she was put in as a premium. 

I may get Budyonni.  I like those fast firing guns and she has better armor than a lot of other cruisers. I got Pepsi but she fires a bit too slow for my liking.  

Edited by dmckay

Members
4,457 posts
6,181 battles
3 minutes ago, Incendiary_Tanker said:

Aoba. No question. Japanese ships are best. 

Fight me. :Smile-_tongue:

Heh. Nationalism rears it's head!  :Smile_honoring:

• Funny 1

Members
1,334 posts
1,343 battles
Just now, dmckay said:

Heh. Nationalism rears it's head!  :Smile_honoring:

Only in a cheeky way~