Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Destroyer_KuroshioKai

Destroyer, caps, and the new meta

4 comments in this topic

Members
1,624 posts
9,723 battles

Its been hard for me to get the usual number of games I do in since packing to move a little eats an hour or so of my free time per day.  I have noticed DDs by and large are taking lessons I've discussed to heart.  I see a lot more counter spotting being done against CAs.  I have also seen some bad play that has generated from this meta.  This brings me to these two videos.

This first, I was hesitant to use mainly because I die early to a massive suicide push by the enemy.  To kill me they trade an NC, a Cleveland and a Baltimore for a Z-39.  This brings me to some of the bad plays.  I have seen a large up tick in the number of players that will throw their ship away to try to kill a detected DD.  Some times, it might be a good play, but you really need to understand the trade before you are doing it.  In this videos case two of the enemy's capping DDs pushed into my cap.  One was killed by my spotting the other crippled by radar.  My team had a complete crossfire on the cap.  The enemy only could shoot one side of the cap for the most part giving me a narrow window to reverse into the cap into some cover and sneak the cap out from under them. 

While this is not a good video for entertainment, it does have some good teaching moments.  Using the mini map to see if the enemy has left any openings in their field of fire for you to exploit capping.  The second, not to throw your ship away.  Trading a significant number of their high tier ships crippled their team both in numbers and points.  What was a close game turned into a complete stomp.

The second game has some lessons as well.  The first, my Benson was too afraid to enter the cap, or really to even scout or do anything useful.  I end up capping the point alone in my Khaba for the team using cover to block potential fire.  When an enemy DD returns I see a potential opening to wreck him as the enemy has pulled back a bit.  The game goes on into a cyclone, which is always a pain for a Russian DD.  So I show a way to help make it not quite so yolo by ducking in and out of the 8km visual range harassing a Kurfurst.  This hit and run style makes the Kurfurst split his attention between me and team mates, as well as buy me extra time to heal, DCP etc.

Hope you guys find the videos interesting.  Got a few other less educational videos going up today as well.

Edited by Destroyer_KuroshioKai
  • Cool 3

Members
1,624 posts
9,723 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

Terrian?

Yes.  Its French for terrain or some such crap.  That ought to piss the grammar nazis off even more.

Dont ask me what day of the week it is either.

[ALPHA]
Members
401 posts
8,353 battles

Khaba is very powerful in this moment. Because 4 thing :

- He generally spotted at 10km, because lot of Khaba player don't run a concealment ability, and finaly they don't care about radar.  Play spotted is not  a problem.

- But, they love a radar support from ally ship to hunt enemy DD

- Radar ship is less dangerous than other cruiser, they have great weakness easy to use against him.

- Less enemy DD.

@Destroyer_KuroshioKai Nice replay

It's me. 

Sign in to follow this