You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RockChunker

Own ship explosion sound

12 comments in this topic

[QCM]
Members
49 posts
2,994 battles

Is there any hope that WG will change the volume of your own ship explosion back down where it used to be?  This is such a childish thing.  The  game goes along fine until  "KABOOM". Then I get yelled at by everyone in the house to "Turn the ^&*#%  sound down" and I can't blame them. It's way beyond necessity. I tried headphones, but mine are studio quality and it actually hurts when this happens.  Now, as an adult, I pretty much know what my ship explodes.  I don't need to be deafened when it does. This is a kiddy need thing.  Kids have a need to have this.  They think overdone graphics and firecrackers in your ears are cool.  

This needs to be turned back a notch or at least give us a slider control for own ship explosions. Does anyone agree?

Sincerely,

RockChunker

• Bad 2

[SYN]
Members
4,525 posts
11,433 battles

Go back to the headphones....

Also, the volume compensation checkbox in the in-game Audio section...

Edited by Kuckoo
  • Cool 1

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,758 posts
12,416 battles

@RockChunker If you have the volume turned up enough to draw complaints from others and such that headphones hurt! Turn down the volume! Simple! My work here is done.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,674 posts
7,503 battles

You can turn your sounds off or down in settings .. ship sounds  .. guns .. music .. your ship blowing up

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,828 battles
2 hours ago, Kuckoo said:

This; respect for those who are NOT playing.

[QCM]
Members
49 posts
2,994 battles
14 hours ago, Kuckoo said:

Also, the volume compensation checkbox in the in-game Audio section...

ok, the volume compensation checkbox did NOT affect JUST the own ship explosions.  It kind of affected some others too.

[QCM]
Members
49 posts
2,994 battles
13 hours ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@RockChunker If you have the volume turned up enough to draw complaints from others and such that headphones hurt! Turn down the volume! Simple! My work here is done.

I'm talking about just the "Own Ship Explosions" as I stated, not the whole volume level. And no, your work was not done.

• Bad 1

[QCM]
Members
49 posts
2,994 battles
13 hours ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Did you not read the part about studio quality headphones?  These are quite capable of hurting your ears when some punk DEV thinks its funny to insert a 20Db gain for 1 second.

• Bad 1

[QCM]
Members
49 posts
2,994 battles
13 hours ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

You can turn your sounds off or down in settings .. ship sounds  .. guns .. music .. your ship blowing up

Specifically, just where does it say "Own Ship Explosions"? I looked, and there ain't no such animal...

• Bad 1

Members
821 posts
3,887 battles
17 hours ago, RockChunker said:

Is there any hope that WG will change the volume of your own ship explosion back down where it used to be?  This is such a childish thing.  The  game goes along fine until  "KABOOM". Then I get yelled at by everyone in the house to "Turn the ^&*#%  sound down" and I can't blame them. It's way beyond necessity. I tried headphones, but mine are studio quality and it actually hurts when this happens.  Now, as an adult, I pretty much know what my ship explodes.  I don't need to be deafened when it does. This is a kiddy need thing.  Kids have a need to have this.  They think overdone graphics and firecrackers in your ears are cool.  

This needs to be turned back a notch or at least give us a slider control for own ship explosions. Does anyone agree?

Sincerely,

RockChunker

You need to wait till you have a full HP detonation.

"

17 hours ago, RockChunker said:

I tried headphones, but mine are studio quality and it actually hurts when this happens. 

You'll probably be able to sue for hearing loss then.

I detonated a full hp  Prinz Eugen a while back, right after the new effects happened (shooting with an Amagi at like 18.5 km), guy said it knocked him out his chair.

Edited by Strachwitz666

Alpha Tester
200 posts
4,703 battles

The sound sliders could be a whole lot better.

You either get deafening citadel hit sounds and ship explosions, or you get nothing.

Too many things linked to that one slider.

I want ambient sounds, but I don't want deafening roars when I die or give or receive a citadel hit.

This isn't hard.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,674 posts
7,503 battles
6 hours ago, RockChunker said:

Specifically, just where does it say "Own Ship Explosions"? I looked, and there ain't no such animal...

There’s not one specifically that says that, it could be that this sound of your ship blowing up is in one of the game sounds..or not  sorry do not know which one, I don’t pay much attention to the sound of my ship blowing up cause I’m usually saying ..OH SHlT!!!!