Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Wulfgarn

Konig Albert available again?

20 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,819
Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

Last year it was removed, but now she's back.

I was wondering if any info was given on why they made her available again?

Seems like they made a big deal about it being removed last year. I wonder if we'll see some of the other ships that are labeled similarly become available again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,804
[TBW]
Members
6,576 posts
12,427 battles
11 minutes ago, Wulfgarn said:

Last year it was removed, but now she's back.

I was wondering if any info was given on why they made her available again?

Seems like they made a big deal about it being removed last year. I wonder if we'll see some of the other ships that are labeled similarly become available again?

Marketing, go figure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
349
[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,796 battles

Yep bought to see if I was wrong about it last time nope not OP. In fact it down tiers horribly and is very Unenjoyable if down tiered and dies quickly. Which it usually is down tiered so good luck if you think it’s OP on the up tier that might be a 1in 4 match.

Edited by GreyFox78659

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31
[IHW]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
191 posts

I remember buying it for only 500 doubloons before it was removed from the shop. to me its an alright t3 bb ship.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
2,072 posts
2,332 battles
40 minutes ago, AzureTerra said:

the Konig is dead, long live the Konig

If the Konig is dead, how can it live long if it's dead????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53
[WOLF5]
Beta Testers
266 posts
2,485 battles
Just now, Sandman1969 said:

If the Konig is dead, how can it live long if it's dead????

Ghoul King

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,968
[SALVO]
Members
17,563 posts
18,458 battles

It may be an OP tier 3 BB, but in the end, the King Al is still just a tier 3 ship, which makes it somewhat unappealing to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
768
[POD]
Beta Testers
3,054 posts
4,719 battles

not  OP anymore,the british BBs are the new bully.

Edited by Cruxdei

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,309
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,888 posts
15,669 battles
1 hour ago, Wulfgarn said:

I was wondering if any info was given on why they made her available again?

This pretty much says it all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,097
[_ARP_]
Supertester
11,945 posts
4,145 battles

Konig Albert wasn't pulled globally, just regionally. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,554
[O_O]
Members
4,581 posts
10,000 battles
On 6/17/2018 at 12:16 PM, Crucis said:

It may be an OP tier 3 BB, but in the end, the King Al is still just a tier 3 ship, which makes it somewhat unappealing to me.

I agree.  I just played Konig Albert again.  Sure, it may be the best T3 BB, but it can't escape the fact that it is still a T3 BB.  Horribly bad dispersion, glacier speed turret traverse, and slow as molasses in January.  Being the best among turds doesn't mean it isn't still a turd.

Now add in typical T3 gameplay...OmG...it makes me want to bang my head against a concrete wall with rebar protruding from it.  A BB at T3 is just unable to influence the game.  At least with a DD I can reposition, sneak attack, or cap.

Edited by desmo_2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,968
[SALVO]
Members
17,563 posts
18,458 battles
4 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

I agree.  I just played Konig Albert again.  Sure, it may be the best T3 BB, but it can't escape the fact that it is still a T3 BB.  Horribly bad dispersion, glacier speed turret traverse, and slow as molasses in January.  Being the best among turds doesn't mean it isn't still a turd.

Now add in typical T3 gameplay...OmG...it makes me want to bang my head against a concrete wall with rebar protruding from it.  A BB at T3 is just unable to influence the game.  At least with a DD I can reposition, sneak attack, or cap.

desmo, I've said this before, but part of me wishes that there was a WW1 version of WoWS where these ships were high tier ships and they were ships you wanted to play, rather than just in the low tiers where you just want to get through them to get to the mid and higher tiers.  I just don't play low tier stuff all that much any more.

I get that some people want ships like this as collector's items, and that's all cool.  But for me personally, I like ships that I want to actually play.  That's why it's hard for me to get all that excited about low tier stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,726
[OO7]
Members
3,267 posts
9,712 battles
On 6/17/2018 at 10:15 AM, Wulfgarn said:

Last year it was removed, but now she's back.

I was wondering if any info was given on why they made her available again?

Seems like they made a big deal about it being removed last year. I wonder if we'll see some of the other ships that are labeled similarly become available again?

Nikolai goes on sale next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,554
[O_O]
Members
4,581 posts
10,000 battles
5 hours ago, Wolcott said:

Source?

The Onion, The Globe, and National Enquirer all had stories on it this week.

  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,554
[O_O]
Members
4,581 posts
10,000 battles
2 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

The Onion, The Globe, and National Enquirer all had stories on it this week.

Quote

nqH8Xme.jpg

LOL...no attempt at humor can be had around here without someone getting chaffed about it!  :Smile_smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,819
Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

LOL...no attempt at humor can be had around here without someone getting chaffed about it!  :Smile_smile:

Try using :Smile_trollface:

If someone has been around long enough, they'll know.

Gotta click categories.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,726
[OO7]
Members
3,267 posts
9,712 battles
10 minutes ago, Wulfgarn said:

Try using :Smile_trollface:

If someone has been around long enough, they'll know.

Gotta click categories.

Sometimes it's funner not to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,726
[OO7]
Members
3,267 posts
9,712 battles
8 hours ago, Wolcott said:

Source?

Image result for baited meme

KA was never going on sale again according to Pigeon of War, yet there it is. So its just a sarcastic poke at WG not doing what they said they'd do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×