Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
yacskn

Daily Login Rewards

15 comments in this topic

[MASSD]
Members
418 posts
15,342 battles

Recently I've noticed a surge of threads on the enticement programme WG has in place to regain players who haven't logged in a few months.

It seems to be a somewhat unpopular practice, principally because regular players feel they are not being rewarded for being loyal (or in another sense, punished for being loyal).

And I get the sentiment. I've been playing the game on and off (mostly on) for the last 3 years and have never been rewarded simply for logging in and playing for hours every day, heck, I didn't even get one of those reward packages when I stopped playing the game for 2 months. 

So the backlash seems justified, but also completely unnecessary. This could've all been avoided if WG rewarded players for logging in every day like practically every other online game out there does.

Question is; Why doesn't it?

I know the upcoming coal and steel spendables are being classified under a "loyalty programme", but to me, it doesn't seem any different than earning credits or xp. Just another thing to grind for. So I have a hard time seeing it as a "reward for being loyal".

Thoughts?

• Cool 1

[4HIM]
Members
1,955 posts
4,780 battles

WT has a daily log in reward.  Typically a 'booster' (like a flag).  I keep logging in to see if I get anything worth while.  On rare (think drop rates for ships from SC's here) you'll get a 'coupon' for a discount on a premium.  In three years I've gotten two of those.  I'll log in and see what pops up.  But the game play in WT is no longer fun, so unless I do get a coupon or something worth the effort, I just log back off and play WoWS.  So you not only need the rewards, but the game has to be enjoyable to play.  

[HYDRO]
Members
1,869 posts
3,961 battles

A single win or two give you the first container drop. Which is a reasonable reward for not doing much. 

However, it's true, a veteran reward programme would be pretty useful and attractive to quite a few players.

• Cool 2

[INTEL]
Members
6,739 posts
26,508 battles
6 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

A single win or two give you the first container drop. Which is a reasonable reward for not doing much. 

However, it's true, a veteran reward programme would be pretty useful and attractive to quite a few players.

Indeed. The first container of the day is easy to earn. Even in Coop.

As per rewards, methinks on the anniversary of your account (they know of course), you should get a Super Container or something. Once a year, no big deal and easy for them to do.

• Cool 3

[HINON]
Members
9,354 posts
56 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

Indeed. The first container of the day is easy to earn. Even in Coop.

As per rewards, methinks on the anniversary of your account (they know of course), you should get a Super Container or something. Once a year, no big deal and easy for them to do.

You get supercontainers and dragon flags on the anniversary of WOWS already, which is sweet.

And OP just because a few people complain about a perceived problem, doesn't make it so. People are always envious of others getting stuff. I remember a study once where the participants were told they could get $20 if they agreed this other person would get $100 dollars or they could both get nothing. More people chose to have them both get nothing than have the other person get more. It's human nature.

Edited by RipNuN2
  • Cool 2

[CUTER]
Members
733 posts
19,796 battles

There is certainly a lot more they could be doing in this department.  

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,943 posts
10,404 battles

they need to balance it out so that WG business model earn revenue, dont be too greedy.

But i do agreed that some times, WG should have nice reward to loyal stable players base.

Alpha Tester
219 posts
5,557 battles
1 hour ago, RipNuN2 said:

You get supercontainers and dragon flags on the anniversary of WOWS already, which is sweet.

And OP just because a few people complain about a perceived problem, doesn't make it so. People are always envious of others getting stuff. I remember a study once where the participants were told they could get $20 if they agreed this other person would get $100 dollars or they could both get nothing. More people chose to have them both get nothing than have the other person get more. It's human nature.

I see you feel pretty strongly (the number of posts defending absenteeism rewards) in support of WG rewarding the super-casual and ignoring the dedicated player.

I wasn't going to post, but since you used the word 'a few', I didn't want to let that go, so I decided to add my voice to this thread.

After spending on the game for a while, then seeing the big issue WG has with giving discounted packages to veteran players all while giving freebies to the less dedicated player, I am really starting to feel like a mark.

A person with any sense is going to back away from financially supporting a company that doesn't express any value in your continuing support.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
9,354 posts
4 minutes ago, Weapon_of_Proliferation said:

WG is a business and to survive it has to market things effectively or the game will cease to exist. You completely ignored all the benefits we veteran players get from playing regularly just to focus on the small enticements WG gives to get new players into the game. Without new players, we would not have a game to enjoy. 

[SYN]
Members
4,585 posts
11,475 battles

To to enticed to play a game just because it has login rewards isn't really a reason to play a game.  You play it because you want to, regardless of whether it rewards you just for "showing up".

That other-game-which-shall-not-be-named-here has daily login rewards.  I haven't logged in to that game since late last year, and have no inclination to play now.

• Cool 1

[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
7,865 battles

Loyalty crates, 1 crate for every 1000 games played. The crates contain at least one of the items WG gives away for free to disinterested players, like 7,500,000 credits, 100k free Xp or a ship. 

• Cool 1

[MASSD]
Members
418 posts
15,342 battles
27 minutes ago, KalishniKat said:

Loyalty crates, 1 crate for every 1000 games played. The crates contain at least one of the items WG gives away for free to disinterested players, like 7,500,000 credits, 100k free Xp or a ship. 

I can get behind that.

Sign in to follow this