You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

6 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
1,556 battles

Not going to bother with this.  There is no such thing as a true clear line of fire... I myself always dodge other peoples stuff.  But since I am told to be more aware by other players and yet here I'm told I'm at fault even when another player says he did it on purpose then I guess discussion pointless.

Edited by KaziusOD
  • Funny 1

[HINON]
Supertester
19,635 posts
13,201 battles

If there was room / time for a cruiser to turn around and drive into your torps the lane was not clear. You can't control what other people do, so keep that in mind. Don't fire torps from behind others or when a friendly can turn around and drive in to them, whether on purpose or accidentally.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,858 posts
3,959 battles
33 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

What Lert said. 

How did you get the 8 rounds pink? Normally it is only for 2.

Most likely a repeat offense,  the more times you turn pink in a short amount of time, the more battles you have to play to get rid of it.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
16,313 posts
9,608 battles

I really need to save this on my computer so I don't have retype it with every team damage thread. If your ordnance cannot pass a friendly ship no matter how they maneuver check fire. While mistakes will happen if you do this the rate will be extremely rare, once every several hundreds if not thousands of matches.

[LOU1]
Members
3,170 posts
8,432 battles
6 hours ago, KaziusOD said:

Not going to bother with this.  There is no such thing as a true clear line of fire... I myself always dodge other peoples stuff.  But since I am told to be more aware by other players and yet here I'm told I'm at fault even when another player says he did it on purpose then I guess discussion pointless.

Actually, I believe most players are like me and spend almost all of their battle time finding and using clear lines of fire.  I do make mistakes, such as the first time I used Benson long range torps.  I was in the middle of the next skirmish when I turned pink  and it took a while for me to figure out who or what I had hit on the other side of the battle field.

There are players that want to teach another player a lesson and will allow themselves to get hit by or actually turn into ordinance fired at them by a friendly.  The simple way to avoid being in that situation is to not fire your ordinance in a direction that could damage a friendly.  Yes, you may miss a kill shot, a ship may get away, and/or a cap may be lost; if you still take the shot while knowing the risk, you have to pay the price.  I think that if shooting at their allies is a requirement for a player to be successful, it might be advisable for them to reevaluate their play style choices.

The TK system exists to address players that cannot or will not do what is necessary to avoid shooting their allies.  If a player is repeatedly turning pink, the system is working as intended.  Personally, I feel my allies should be supporting me - not joining the reds in attacking me.

Edited by ExploratorOne