Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Natsukirei

Weekly Ops should not be country Restricted

14 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

9
[HAPPY]
Members
24 posts
2,656 battles

Hey guys

I doubt many will agree with me since their are plenty of long time players who have every ship in every line unlocked but.

I am fairly new to the game, and i like the game regardless of people saying the game is being killed etc and all the complainers, i really enjoyed the ultimate frontier once i finally got a group, but being new i only have a German line unlocked, and i've been farming my [edited]of for a hipper.

Then to come on the test server and see a weekly ship restricted operation, to be honest it angers me, and im sure their has to be other people out there who agree who probably dont even look at the forums, the casual players who are having trouble leveling their first line of cruisers and go jap or german.

Also, i have a graf spee and pensacola for the weekly VI operations, because i enjoy having a break from the normal, a break from pvp, doing something different is fun and a breathe of fresh air.

I can understand the mission is an allied Operation, and i understand the historical accuracy, and if the operation was a division only operation with special prizes and rewards for doing it with a clan and division, for the people who have these countries unlocked, i can understand the country restriction and it makes sense to get together with your friends and give it a shot if you have the tools to do so.

But what i do not agree with is, is a weekly operation being country restricted and leaving out the newer players who dont have the ship or the correct line for the operation, that is unfair on a large portion of the community who have not been able to unlock multiple countries or had the time free to do so, people who work and have a job, people who play casually.

Alienating is not okay. even for "historical" accuracy

Just my 2 cents. 

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
32 posts
3,282 battles

I support you fully, nation restriction are just something WG put in place so people could do less  Daily Wins bonuses with the Operation of the Week, which means they can farm less XP from operations.

 

Edited by 400lbHacker_TheCybers
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39
[NSC]
[NSC]
Members
207 posts
4,286 battles

Grind another line, you've likely got the port slots. You can be at tier 6-7 in a few days or so. Those operations that you might miss will rotate back in... or if you find at least 4 others, you can run whatever operation you would like.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9
[HAPPY]
Members
24 posts
2,656 battles
18 minutes ago, Pigpen_721 said:

Grind another line, you've likely got the port slots. You can be at tier 6-7 in a few days or so. Those operations that you might miss will rotate back in... or if you find at least 4 others, you can run whatever operation you would like.

no offence but this is the reply i spoke about at the start of the post, you are not considering that not everybody has that kind of time, those flags, those skins, the money or the resources to farm an extra line, it does not take a few days for some of us, and that's only tier 6-7, the grind to 8 is much much larger. their are thousands of people i guarantee who play casually and have jobs and lives, and who love weekly op's because its a chance to relax and do something different.

 WG Need's to consider the larger community, even one's who dont come to the forums and post threads or comments, who only have a few hours a day to play.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
506
[4HIM]
Members
1,918 posts
4,677 battles
44 minutes ago, Natsukirei said:

no offence but this is the reply i spoke about at the start of the post, you are not considering that not everybody has that kind of time, those flags, those skins, the money or the resources to farm an extra line, it does not take a few days for some of us, and that's only tier 6-7, the grind to 8 is much much larger. their are thousands of people i guarantee who play casually and have jobs and lives, and who love weekly op's because its a chance to relax and do something different.

 WG Need's to consider the larger community, even one's who dont come to the forums and post threads or comments, who only have a few hours a day to play.

It took me FAR longer than "a few days" to grind to T6 - T7.  I joined early last year (but didn't actively play for several months) and am only now getting to the T7 - T8 grind.  Took me quite a while to grind to T6.  Above average competitive players can likely grind up to T6 in a day or two.  Casual potatoes like me on the other hand, not so much.  

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
134
[WOLF6]
Members
346 posts
4,908 battles
5 hours ago, Natsukirei said:

Hey guys

I doubt many will agree with me since their are plenty of long time players who have every ship in every line unlocked but.

I am fairly new to the game, and i like the game regardless of people saying the game is being killed etc and all the complainers, i really enjoyed the ultimate frontier once i finally got a group, but being new i only have a German line unlocked, and i've been farming my [edited]of for a hipper.

Then to come on the test server and see a weekly ship restricted operation, to be honest it angers me, and im sure their has to be other people out there who agree who probably dont even look at the forums, the casual players who are having trouble leveling their first line of cruisers and go jap or german.

Also, i have a graf spee and pensacola for the weekly VI operations, because i enjoy having a break from the normal, a break from pvp, doing something different is fun and a breathe of fresh air.

I can understand the mission is an allied Operation, and i understand the historical accuracy, and if the operation was a division only operation with special prizes and rewards for doing it with a clan and division, for the people who have these countries unlocked, i can understand the country restriction and it makes sense to get together with your friends and give it a shot if you have the tools to do so.

But what i do not agree with is, is a weekly operation being country restricted and leaving out the newer players who dont have the ship or the correct line for the operation, that is unfair on a large portion of the community who have not been able to unlock multiple countries or had the time free to do so, people who work and have a job, people who play casually.

Alienating is not okay. even for "historical" accuracy

Just my 2 cents. 

I'm sorry but I disagree with you . I'd like to see more historical content in the game regardless if I have the required ships or not . If I don't have the necessary ships it becomes a goal to work towards . I don't begrudge content for lines that I either haven't gotten to yet or chose not to grind .

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
606
[ARRGG]
Members
4,747 posts
7,671 battles

The ship restrictions is done I would think to get players to acquire the needed ship, and more $$ for Wows, myself if that’s the case I just don’t play that particular  mission, lots of other stuff to do, I tend to agree with you in that in the long run this direction may not work to Wows favor.. time will tell 

Am also going down the German Cruiser line and having done the Japanese line Pan Asian DD line and , part way down American and Russian lines these German Cruisers so far are very good .. next up Hipper 

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
356
[NAVY]
Members
1,017 posts
4,072 battles

I understand the OP's frustration. I'm an average, casual WoWs player. I started playing WoWs in the spring of 2016, just a few months after it's live release; so, I've been playing a little over 2 years. And I just got my first tier 8 ship back at the first of April, the US BB North Carolina followed by the Royal Navy Edinburgh a short while later in May. Why did it take me over 2 years to get to tier 8? One, it is partly due to the fact I didn't play every day (sometimes I would go a week without playing) and I have taken a few extended breaks from the game (around 21 to 30 days each time). Second, I didn't concentrate on playing one ship class and grinding out one Nation's tech tree.  I would play all kinds of different ships. Third, I played mainly on a standard free-to-play account, occasionally buying 3 to 7 days of premium time or getting free premium time or doubloons to buy premium time from missions, super containers, or promos.

Because my progress has been slow but steady, that means I was not able to participate in some of the Ranked seasons, and I am now just able to work on the Honorable Service and Yamamoto Isoroku campaigns. It also means I haven't been able to rent a tier X ship to participate in Clan Battles till just the last couple of months.

But I wouldn't change anything because it gave me a goal to strive for. That is why I'm going to disagree with the OP here. While making an Operation, Campaign, mission/reward nation and/or tier specific does alienate a portion of the player base, sometimes specifically newer players, it does give them a goal to strive and play for. Plus, as far as nation specific Operation scenarios go, I along with a number of other WoWs players have been clamoring for more historical type Operations or battles.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9
[HAPPY]
Members
24 posts
2,656 battles
24 minutes ago, daVinci761st said:

I understand the OP's frustration. I'm an average, casual WoWs player. I started playing WoWs in the spring of 2016, just a few months after it's live release; so, I've been playing a little over 2 years. And I just got my first tier 8 ship back at the first of April, the US BB North Carolina followed by the Royal Navy Edinburgh a short while later in May. Why did it take me over 2 years to get to tier 8? One, it is partly due to the fact I didn't play every day (sometimes I would go a week without playing) and I have taken a few extended breaks from the game (around 21 to 30 days each time). Second, I didn't concentrate on playing one ship class and grinding out one Nation's tech tree.  I would play all kinds of different ships. Third, I played mainly on a standard free-to-play account, occasionally buying 3 to 7 days of premium time or getting free premium time or doubloons to buy premium time from missions, super containers, or promos.

Because my progress has been slow but steady, that means I was not able to participate in some of the Ranked seasons, and I am now just able to work on the Honorable Service and Yamamoto Isoroku campaigns. It also means I haven't been able to rent a tier X ship to participate in Clan Battles till just the last couple of months.

But I wouldn't change anything because it gave me a goal to strive for. That is why I'm going to disagree with the OP here. While making an Operation, Campaign, mission/reward nation and/or tier specific does alienate a portion of the player base, sometimes specifically newer players, it does give them a goal to strive and play for. Plus, as far as nation specific Operation scenarios go, I along with a number of other WoWs players have been clamoring for more historical type Operations or battles.

I feel like nobody actually READS the post.

I do thank you for your understanding of the point i was making, but i disagree with your disagreement because i do not think anyone who has responded negatively has actually read the entire post because their a few points you all missed.

First, i never said the OP shouldn't be the way it is, their are plenty of operation's that are available like Hermes which are not weekly operations and offer great game play, but they are private and require a division which is absolutely fine if you have the ship and wish to do that operation go for your life, And cherry blossom should either be changed, or be a private operation in which your clan and division and get people together and have a go to try and beat it. that is fine and that is understandable to have a tough/challenging private operation for the community.

What it shouldn't be is a public weekly operation, sitting on our screens saying "you cant do this operation because you haven't gone down these tree's" they should either make a different public version, or choose a more suitable weekly operation for the community in which everyone can access the operation who don't want to spend a week strictly in PVP and don't have the time to find clans/divisions all day due to timezone restrictions or simple time restrictions

Second.

I keep hearing "its a goal to work towards", no it is not. because its only up for 1 week in which any casual player with a life, kids, and a job will not have the time to farm a new tree in one week and do the operation in random queue, so no its not a goal, not even close.

The point is, people have lives, people have other things to do, and having weekly operations anyone can access and not being country restricted or ship restricted would be a much more beneficial upgrade to the community and average player who simply does not have the time to farm other tree's, anything that is "public" should be more accessible to the community and not taunting people that they cant experience it. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
356
[NAVY]
Members
1,017 posts
4,072 battles
52 minutes ago, Natsukirei said:

I feel like nobody actually READS the post.

I do thank you for your understanding of the point i was making, but i disagree with your disagreement because i do not think anyone who has responded negatively has actually read the entire post because their a few points you all missed.

First, i never said the OP shouldn't be the way it is, their are plenty of operation's that are available like Hermes which are not weekly operations and offer great game play, but they are private and require a division which is absolutely fine if you have the ship and wish to do that operation go for your life, And cherry blossom should either be changed, or be a private operation in which your clan and division and get people together and have a go to try and beat it. that is fine and that is understandable to have a tough/challenging private operation for the community.

What it shouldn't be is a public weekly operation, sitting on our screens saying "you cant do this operation because you haven't gone down these tree's" they should either make a different public version, or choose a more suitable weekly operation for the community in which everyone can access the operation who don't want to spend a week strictly in PVP and don't have the time to find clans/divisions all day due to timezone restrictions or simple time restrictions

Second.

I keep hearing "its a goal to work towards", no it is not. because its only up for 1 week in which any casual player with a life, kids, and a job will not have the time to farm a new tree in one week and do the operation in random queue, so no its not a goal, not even close.

The point is, people have lives, people have other things to do, and having weekly operations anyone can access and not being country restricted or ship restricted would be a much more beneficial upgrade to the community and average player who simply does not have the time to farm other tree's, anything that is "public" should be more accessible to the community and not taunting people that they cant experience it. 

Just because I disagree with your opinion doesn't mean that I did not read your post or understand it. And I also don't feel I was negative in response at all.

While I can understand the reason why you would suggest an Operation scenario like Hermes (Yes, Hermes is in the weekly rotation) and the upcoming Cherry Blossom should not be included in the weekly Op rotation because they are restrictive to specific nation ships and ship classes, at the same time I would argue the Operation scenarios are already restrictive in the first place because they are tier specific. However, it is a not a bad idea, even if I disagree with it, and I would encourage you to post it in the Suggestions sections of the forum. Just keep in mind, for people that enjoy playing Hermes and those that will enjoy Cherry Blossom, by suggesting they be removed from the weekly rotation, you are going to be restricting, i.e. "alienating" those players.

Which brings to my statement of "it's a goal to work towards," which I may not have explained myself well. By that I mean, in order to participate in an Operation scenario currently, you have to be Account Level 8 and for Aegis, Defense of Naval Station Newport, Killer Whale, and Raptor Rescue, you have to have a tier 6 ship. For The Ultimate Frontier Op, a player has to have a tier 7 ship, and for Hermes, a tier 7 UK, US, or French cruiser or a tier 7 or 8 French BB. With Cherry Blossom, a player will need to have a tier 8 cruiser of the respective nation. To be able to participate in any of these Ops, a player must have reached the before mentioned account level as well as have a specific tier and/or type of ship; so, yes. It does mean that for a new player, it gives them a goal to work towards if they want to be able to play that Op when it comes up in the rotation or if they want to be in an Operation division to play a specific scenario.

As I stated before in my first post, I'm an average, casual player, and I understand and empathize with both new players or those players who have not reached a certain tier level or don't have a certain type of ship to be able to participate in an event, mission, Ranked Season, Clan Battle, Campaign, or Operation Scenario. However, I don't think WG is taunting people when they set the parameters. I would like to see some more tier 5 Operation scenarios similar to how Dunkirk was, which would help expose newer players to the battle mode.

The other reason I disagree with removing an Operation scenario from the weekly rotation, as it now, we just have six scenarios to play, seven when Cherry Blossom becomes available. You cannot always find enough people to division up with to play an Op that is not up that week. Right now, players see each of the scenarios, every 6 weeks, which means if he or she doesn't division up, has the opportunity to play each scenario approximately 8 to 9 weeks (or 56 to 65 days) annually. 

Edited by daVinci761st
Apparently I cannot spell or type this morning, lol. Fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
134
[WOLF6]
Members
346 posts
4,908 battles
39 minutes ago, Natsukirei said:

I feel like nobody actually READS the post.

I do thank you for your understanding of the point i was making, but i disagree with your disagreement because i do not think anyone who has responded negatively has actually read the entire post because their a few points you all missed.

First, i never said the OP shouldn't be the way it is, their are plenty of operation's that are available like Hermes which are not weekly operations and offer great game play, but they are private and require a division which is absolutely fine if you have the ship and wish to do that operation go for your life, And cherry blossom should either be changed, or be a private operation in which your clan and division and get people together and have a go to try and beat it. that is fine and that is understandable to have a tough/challenging private operation for the community.

What it shouldn't be is a public weekly operation, sitting on our screens saying "you cant do this operation because you haven't gone down these tree's" they should either make a different public version, or choose a more suitable weekly operation for the community in which everyone can access the operation who don't want to spend a week strictly in PVP and don't have the time to find clans/divisions all day due to timezone restrictions or simple time restrictions

Second.

I keep hearing "its a goal to work towards", no it is not. because its only up for 1 week in which any casual player with a life, kids, and a job will not have the time to farm a new tree in one week and do the operation in random queue, so no its not a goal, not even close.

The point is, people have lives, people have other things to do, and having weekly operations anyone can access and not being country restricted or ship restricted would be a much more beneficial upgrade to the community and average player who simply does not have the time to farm other tree's, anything that is "public" should be more accessible to the community and not taunting people that they cant experience it. 

It's not a taunt on WG's part . It's a business practice , You can either spend money to convert xp to free xp and free xp up another line or spend the time grinding other lines . I'm sure WG would prefer the former , it takes money to develop and maintain WOW's .

Edited by retic1959
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
518
[LOU1]
Members
3,148 posts
8,343 battles

This is a slightly confusing thread to me.  It seems the OP is not happy that the weekly Operations require a certain tier or ship.  Also, the responses say that one of the purposes of the Operations is to give players an incentive to grind up other lines (for various reasons).  Further, there seems to be irritation at only having a week to acquire the needed ship(s).

Personally, I agree with the explicit and implicit desire of WG to motivate players to advance to at least Tier 6.  I also appreciate a motivation to grind down lines I might not have chosen - I have been able to discover some ships I would not otherwise have played otherwise.  Without the pressure of events and Operations, I probably would not have the port i have now.

The operations rotate every week.  I have not had a necessary ship in the past and planned my grinding to have it ready for the next iteration.  I am currently doing an experiment to see what a new player goes through and ran into that with Hermes a bit ago.  It was a struggle to get a tier 7 allied CA/CL ready and I finally had a stock Fiji available at the end.  My preferred Richeleau will have to wait for quite a while, but at least I had/have a La Glas and Leander for  Killer Whale and Raptor.

What you may not know is that players have begged for historically and/or country themed events for a long time.  Operations meets that need for many of the players.

My new player experiment has highlighted how different the perspective of a new player is from a veteran player.  It is exacerbated by my only having a couple of hours at best to play on any given weeknight.  On my main account, I can pick and choose what to play depending on my mood.  Everything is fully researched with at least a 10-point Commander and several 19-pointers.  Millions of credits, a bunch of free XP, multiple extra Commanders for each nation, several premium ships for each nation at various tiers.  On the new player account,  only two nations have a 10+-point Commander, one nation (RN) has only one commander over 3 points.  Only three have any kind of premium trainer.  DDs have to run without CE, several key ships are just now getting their Concealment mod with the weekend sale - and that requires grinding the credits out.

The operations is were I have really felt the pain of not having the right ship at the right time.  So, I can definitely understand the frustration.  All I can say is that soon it will be gone because you will have the ships and other resources you need.  Due in no small part to the pressure caused by trying to be ready for the Operations and events (I only got my first Tier 0 ship to get the Anniversary bonus last year).

Edited by ExploratorOne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39
[NSC]
[NSC]
Members
207 posts
4,286 battles
23 hours ago, Natsukirei said:

WG Need's to consider the larger community, even one's who dont come to the forums and post threads or comments, who only have a few hours a day to play.

Actually, I was trying to be encouraging. The game is a marathon as oppose to a sprint. Those operations will be around for a long time. Everyone has the chance to get to them eventually. For myself; I might, if lucky have a couple hours to play on most evenings. Normally not however for all the noted rl reasons and maybe a few that aren't.

In support of your point; wargaming potentially could mirror those allied missions for axis forces as well. Further they could run clan battles and ranked at lower tiers in an offset season. I think a tier 4 ranked would be a hoot!. Mind you, I'd be dropping a 19 pt captain into a Pheonix or Clemson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,308
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
On 6/17/2018 at 3:46 AM, Natsukirei said:

But what i do not agree with is, is a weekly operation being country restricted and leaving out the newer players who dont have the ship or the correct line for the operation, that is unfair on a large portion of the community who have not been able to unlock multiple countries or had the time free to do so, people who work and have a job, people who play casually.

I agree with the basic idea that you bring up, but like with Operation: Hermes BUT I would not like to see it opened to non-Allied ships. It just does not fit the story line of the Scenario (BTW I mainly play German Ships), but saying later down the line maybe when Wargaming gets more Scenarios done perhaps they could offer two weekly scenarios.

And right now all you have to do is go in chat, and you might be able to find other players who want to play a different scenario. So it is not impossible to play a different scenario, yes you do not get the speical rewards for that week, but speaking for myself I am go to scenarios for the XP and the Credits.

Edited by Chaos_EN2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×