Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
USSRichardNixon

Konig Albert is a mistake

39 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
1,034 posts
95 battles
12 minutes ago, USSRichardNixon said:

I bought it testerday. I thought it would be Confederate/Kraken generator after i put the 19 pt Tirpitz in it. However it was utterly a disaster.  

ef8.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
846
[STW-M]
Members
2,340 posts
6,235 battles

Well, what exactly seems to be the problem?

Your complaints about the ship are very vague: if you can be more specific, perhaps we can actually help you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
124
[DARTH]
Members
538 posts
11,879 battles
29 minutes ago, USSRichardNixon said:

I bought it testerday. I thought it would be Confederate/Kraken generator after i put the 19 pt Tirpitz in it. However it was utterly a disaster.  

I'd say 'you're doing it wrong', but you're probably not.  It's a good bote, sometimes a great bote.  But it is kind of derpy and slow.  It's by no means a Nikolai.  You can't go all bullinachinashop.  The guns aren't accurate enough to just blow stuff up, you have to use some caution and wear the enemy down with the 11" shotguns, and not give them the chance to burn you down in the meantime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,516
[RLGN]
Members
8,688 posts
17,952 battles
39 minutes ago, USSRichardNixon said:

I thought it would be Confederate/Kraken generator after i put the 19 pt Tirpitz in it.  

No such thing unless the potatoes... I mean the enemy, cooperates a little.

KA isn’t a badbote, but to me Nassau is easier to handle.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
285
[NNC]
Members
2,059 posts
7,852 battles

sure its not a confed machine but it frigs up any tier 3 bb it comes across 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
913
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,291 posts
9,004 battles

It's OP, but only in a very narrow sort of way, even moreso than the Nikolai. You can delete all the T3 and T4 cruisers and brawl any of the T3 and T4 BBs, but a lot of times its hard to put that to good use because it's slow, inaccurate, short-ranged, and the turrets don't traverse. For the same reasons it doesn't deal with smart DDs that well, and the last few games I played in it were infested with DDs :Smile_sceptic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23,631
[HINON]
Supertester
19,640 posts
13,211 battles

...... How can you not see how brokenly OP the KA is.

She's faster than Nassau, Kawachi, Turenne, South Carolina and Bellerophon. She can deliver more shells to a broadside than all the other battleships at tier, with harder hitting AP shells. Even if you don't unmask your far wing turret you still have firepower on parity with the other battleships in tier, with aforementioned hardest hitting shells in tier. She has the most hitpoints in tier. She has the best armor layout in tier. The only thing she trails behind in is firing range, but even that's a matter of only a few hundred meters in most cases.

Koenig Albert is a monster. Most powerful T3 BB by far.

"But she falls apart when fighting tier 4's!"

So? Doesn't every T3 BB?

"Cruisers burn her!"

Again, show me a T3 BB they don't.

Go on, name me one T3 BB that's more powerful, that's stronger. Oh you might enjoy another one more than KA, but that doesn't make that one more powerful or stronger.

Faster than the other T3 BBs, more firepower than the other T3 BBs, more hitpoints than the other T3 BBs, better armor than the other T3 BBs ... There's no denying, KA is OP as hell.

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,034 posts
95 battles
5 minutes ago, Lert said:

So? Doesn't every T3 BB?

Mine doesn't :Smile_teethhappy:

5b1e6ba50ee07_WorldOfWarships2018-06-112

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
330
[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
2,748 posts
3,738 battles

At first I thought she was just a Kaiser clone that was pulled down a tier...

...then I saw what her AP shells can do to a hapless baby tier destroyer when it connected. Oh boy. And I thought Nassau was stronk at that tier.

Her funky turret layout is the only issue, but it's so funky so everything is forgiven, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
565
[FML]
Members
1,921 posts
10,605 battles
1 hour ago, USSRichardNixon said:

I bought it testerday. I thought it would be Confederate/Kraken generator after i put the 19 pt Tirpitz in it. However it was utterly a disaster.  

Disaster for you, or for your enemies?

I've found the Konig Albert to be a total disaster for the enemy.  You have to get in there, but live with wonky dispersion more than 6km away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,661 posts
4,571 battles
2 hours ago, USSRichardNixon said:

I bought it testerday. I thought it would be Confederate/Kraken generator after i put the 19 pt Tirpitz in it. However it was utterly a disaster.  

5100Xy2F1sL.jpg

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,185
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,913 posts
15,363 battles

I never did think too much of her.  It succeeds when she's top tier and beating up on newbies that don't know anything better.  She looks great, but that's it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
855 posts
3,733 battles

I think its a pretty OP boat but one that is hard to capitalize on. The main issue is that its slow as all the BBs at that tier. It also doesn't have a long firing range which means you have to get close to whatever you are going to fight.

 

This creates problematic situations as often your clueless teammates will have rushed and died before you even get to fire your guns. By the time you arrive ready to fight and try to delete cruisers, they are already deleted, retreating, or you just arrived into a bad situation in which you are about to be fired on by lots of boats. 

 

I think its a tier problem, but when all things go right you just rekt everything because its OP. 

Edited by Slumlord_Trump

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,091 posts
10,430 battles
4 hours ago, USSRichardNixon said:

I bought it testerday. I thought it would be Confederate/Kraken generator after i put the 19 pt Tirpitz in it. However it was utterly a disaster.  

It's basically a Tier 3.8. If you're in a Tier 4 game you won't necessarily be smashing face.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
67
[HE]
Members
174 posts
1,648 battles
On 6/17/2018 at 4:15 AM, Lert said:

...... How can you not see how brokenly OP the KA is.

She's faster than Nassau, Kawachi, Turenne, South Carolina and Bellerophon. She can deliver more shells to a broadside than all the other battleships at tier, with harder hitting AP shells. Even if you don't unmask your far wing turret you still have firepower on parity with the other battleships in tier, with aforementioned hardest hitting shells in tier. She has the most hitpoints in tier. She has the best armor layout in tier. The only thing she trails behind in is firing range, but even that's a matter of only a few hundred meters in most cases.

Koenig Albert is a monster. Most powerful T3 BB by far.

"But she falls apart when fighting tier 4's!"

So? Doesn't every T3 BB?

"Cruisers burn her!"

Again, show me a T3 BB they don't.

Go on, name me one T3 BB that's more powerful, that's stronger. Oh you might enjoy another one more than KA, but that doesn't make that one more powerful or stronger.

Faster than the other T3 BBs, more firepower than the other T3 BBs, more hitpoints than the other T3 BBs, better armor than the other T3 BBs ... There's no denying, KA is OP as hell.

It’s a good boat for collection.

The stats are OP, but stats do not translate into actual good performance in game, mainly because of MM.

You get uptiered 75% of the time, in which you are just another regular BB. 

It is less terrible than other T3 BBs, but it is still just a decent ship compared to other T3 BB s$$$$ts 

The Gulio at T5 is way better than this ship at T3, though they both suffer from MM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23,631
[HINON]
Supertester
19,640 posts
13,211 battles
15 minutes ago, Berlimawurst said:

It’s a good boat for collection.

The stats are OP, but stats do not translate into actual good performance in game, mainly because of MM.

You get uptiered 75% of the time, in which you are just another regular BB. 

It is less terrible than other T3 BBs, but it is still just a decent ship compared to other T3 BB s$$$$ts 

The Gulio at T5 is way better than this ship at T3, though they both suffer from MM.

All that is just pish posh and excuses. The very, very simple fact is that it outclasses every other ship of its type and tier. You can see it in its stats and in its performance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,130
[NBGC]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles
On 6/17/2018 at 2:39 AM, USSRichardNixon said:

I bought it testerday.

No you didn't. WG removed her from sale last August/September.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
330
[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
2,748 posts
3,738 battles
Just now, Goodwood_Alpha said:

No you didn't. WG removed her from sale last August/September.

She came back to the Premium Shop just few days ago.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,130
[NBGC]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles
Just now, Blorgh2017 said:

She came back to the Premium Shop just few days ago.

Wow. :fish_panic:

Next thing you know, they'll start selling the Imperator Nikolai.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
604 posts
3,457 battles
1 hour ago, Berlimawurst said:

It’s a good boat for collection.

The stats are OP, but stats do not translate into actual good performance in game, mainly because of MM.

You get uptiered 75% of the time, in which you are just another regular BB. 

It is less terrible than other T3 BBs, but it is still just a decent ship compared to other T3 BB s$$$$ts 

The Gulio at T5 is way better than this ship at T3, though they both suffer from MM.

KA will see only +1 MM NEVER A T5 MATCH, the GC is a T5 boat that can see +2 MM. using the the 2 boats as examples is stupid.

the KA is a TANK against any other BB even at T4. what gets her at T4 is range, the KA lacks it. The KA is not a sniper BB with lack of range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×