Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Raging_Capt_Bob

Radar is has ruined this game

30 comments in this topic

[SP3AR]
Members
65 posts
9,377 battles

Thank you wargaming for taking what was a fun line to play. I mean the destroyers and ruining their playstyle. I just got the gearing today and am retiring all my dd's till  this problem is fixed. I also am going to file a complaint with the states attorney  general about the premium dd's no longer being able to fire from stealth as they were able to at the time they were purchased. It seems like  bait and switch to me so will see if the legal eagles agree!

• Funny 2
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 1

Members
4,011 posts
14,850 battles
10 minutes ago, Ima_Bullseye said:

Thank you wargaming for taking what was a fun line to play. I mean the destroyers and ruining their playstyle.

Heard the same thing when Open Water Stealth Firing went bye-bye. DDs were still fun to play after that and they're still fun now.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,392 posts
19,439 battles

Why? If you play T10 you had to face radar for a long time. What makes it different? And why starting a new post when there are so many about this already?

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
1,183 posts
15,605 battles
21 minutes ago, Ima_Bullseye said:

Thank you wargaming for taking what was a fun line to play. I mean the destroyers and ruining their playstyle. I just got the gearing today and am retiring all my dd's till  this problem is fixed. I also am going to file a complaint with the states attorney  general about the premium dd's no longer being able to fire from stealth as they were able to at the time they were purchased. It seems like  bait and switch to me so will see if the legal eagles agree!

Good luck with getting a lawsuit happening within the next 48 hours or less with the new rules coming into effect on the 18th and you have to agree with them or its Hasta la vista, baby

regards

Members
150 posts
10 battles
25 minutes ago, Ima_Bullseye said:

Don't be a baby, get over it. Adapt or die.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
27 minutes ago, Ima_Bullseye said:

7s5r3JC.gif

[NDA]
Supertester
4,922 posts
14,393 battles

You know what the funny part is, Every Radar in the game has known duration and ranges. In fact dealing with radar as a Destroyer is pretty easy. Let me show you the ropes. 

1. Learn what ships carry radar and their ranges. This can be done by reading the WoWs Wiki. 

2. Before the battle starts check to see if the enemy team has ships capable of carrying radar. 

3. Be aware of the positions of each radar ship and try to stay out side of their range. 

4. DO NOT SMOKE UP IN FRONT OF A RADAR SHIP. 

5. Do Not sit still in your smoke if a Radar ship is still in play. 

6. If you spot a radar cruiser or destroyer you are already inside its radar bubble, turn and run away. 

7. There is only one radar Battleship in game and you will see it before it can see you. 

8. Use the Quick Commands to request your team mates to sink radar ships. 

9. If you can't avoid the radar ship seek hard cover, radar can see through an Island but the enemy shells can't reach you. 

10. Staying afloat is more useful for your team than dying on a cap because you got spotted by a radar ship. 

11. Bonus Super Helpful Tip. Don't sit still in your smoke firing your guns. You might be out of range of the enemy radar but you are a very tempting torpedo target for that destroyer who is near by. 

Hey but if you can't make Destroyers work than I understand they are a hard class to master and do well with when the Match Maker is flooded with radar ships at the moment. Maybe you should play Battleships for Carriers for a while. Those ships don't get worried by radar much. 

:cap_cool:

• Cool 3

Members
150 posts
10 battles
20 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

You know what the funny part is, Every Radar in the game has known duration and ranges. In fact dealing with radar as a Destroyer is pretty easy. Let me show you the ropes. 

1. Learn what ships carry radar and their ranges. This can be done by reading the WoWs Wiki. 

2. Before the battle starts check to see if the enemy team has ships capable of carrying radar. 

3. Be aware of the positions of each radar ship and try to stay out side of their range. 

4. DO NOT SMOKE UP IN FRONT OF A RADAR SHIP. 

5. Do Not sit still in your smoke if a Radar ship is still in play. 

6. If you spot a radar cruiser or destroyer you are already inside its radar bubble, turn and run away. 

7. There is only one radar Battleship in game and you will see it before it can see you. 

8. Use the Quick Commands to request your team mates to sink radar ships. 

9. If you can't avoid the radar ship seek hard cover, radar can see through an Island but the enemy shells can't reach you. 

10. Staying afloat is more useful for your team than dying on a cap because you got spotted by a radar ship. 

11. Bonus Super Helpful Tip. Don't sit still in your smoke firing your guns. You might be out of range of the enemy radar but you are a very tempting torpedo target for that destroyer who is near by. 

Hey but if you can't make Destroyers work than I understand they are a hard class to master and do well with when the Match Maker is flooded with radar ships at the moment. Maybe you should play Battleships for Carriers for a while. Those ships don't get worried by radar much. 

:cap_cool:

This. All of this. Radar can easily be countered by game knowledge, situational awareness, careful approach/tactics and experience. Unfortunately it is easier to just complain to the Dev's or complain on the forum rather than improving one's own gameplay.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

Members
150 posts
10 battles
1 minute ago, Minah_Bang said:

Sorry, but all of you defending Superman Vision (radar) sound like Joey to me...

And you sound like just another part of a silly complaint thread that could easily be avoided by smarter game play and improved tactics.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Members
150 posts
10 battles
Just now, Blackgunner said:

The Destroyer Rage.  It's like arty defenders.  Lol.

Arty was fine. lol

• Bad 1

Beta Testers
199 posts
458 battles
2 minutes ago, k9kid12 said:

Arty was fine. lol

The point behind what I'm saying is that destroyers are still stealthy outside of radar.  Now they're just forced to maintain a more active role at times, using their maneuverability to minimize how much damage they're taking.  Evasive maneuvers don't make you invincible, they're to make it more difficult for the enemy to hit you.

[INTEL]
Members
8,838 posts
26,332 battles
16 hours ago, k9kid12 said:

This. All of this. Radar can easily be countered by game knowledge, situational awareness, careful approach/tactics and experience. Unfortunately it is easier to just complain to the Dev's or complain on the forum rather than improving one's own gameplay.

Of course! The only reason people hate radar is because they can't play against it!  Why didn't anyone think of that before? 

It could never be because they know exactly what to do, but still feel that radar is a bad thing. How could you feel superior if that were the case?

Members
1,123 posts
11 minutes ago, k9kid12 said:

And you sound like just another part of a silly complaint thread that could easily be avoided by smarter game play and improved tactics.

Cause you're All knowing with nine battles...zIQpPUI.gif

Edited by anonym_C2VCFahnN2vC
  • Funny 2

Members
150 posts
10 battles
Just now, Minah_Bang said:

Cause your All knowing with nine battles...

Uhh yeah. I'd rather be all knowing with nine battles than know nothing with 10,369 battles like...someone ^^ 

Beta Testers
199 posts
458 battles
5 minutes ago, Minah_Bang said:

Cause your All knowing with nine battles...zIQpPUI.gif

Attacking the credentials of the poster instead of the content of the discussion.

707px-Graham's_Hierarchy_of_Disagreement-en.svg.png

You can save that for future reference.  You're literally 1 step above name calling.

[SALVO]
Members
17,707 posts
18,486 battles
1 hour ago, Ima_Bullseye said:

I've been playing my high tier DDs tonight nearly exclusively and have had no problems.  

As for the rest, you're wasting your time.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
8,838 posts
26,332 battles
16 hours ago, Crucis said:

I've been playing my high tier DDs tonight nearly exclusively and have had no problems.  

As for the rest, you're wasting your time.

Not as bad as it has been out there, at least for me. Every match had less than 6 total radar. Had a couple of good games in Shim, only radared twice.

As always, not evenly distributed, so the team with the most radar, as expected, won every match. Radar is not merely a trial to play against, it has broken the game because WG refuses to treat it as a distinct power in need of balancing. 

Edited by Taichunger
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this