You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Komrade_Rylo

Weekend teams

32 comments in this topic

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,925 posts
10,485 battles

I love weekend teams. They just fed me 16 wins in a row

unknown-5.thumb.png.e93eafad5ff9a5c484f14284e75450e4.png

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[OPG]
2,925 posts
10,485 battles
Just now, CarbonButtprint said:

I'm going to wait for someone to come along and say, "stupid weekend players cost me 16 losses in a row."

I hope it happens

[TBW]
Members
6,607 posts
12,463 battles

That was me last weekend, this weekend about 50/50.Then again, "There's Always Tomorrow".

Clairice's Dad, "No doe of mine, is going to be seen with a red nosed Reindeer"

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[-GPS-]
Members
2,551 posts
25,674 battles
10 hours ago, Komrade_Rylo said:

I love weekend teams. They just fed me US 16 wins in a row

Fixed that for you.

Is playing in a division with strong players the best way to test a ship still in development? Maybe not.

Edited by Landing_Skipper
Didn’t know Monaghan was available through containers. Sorry!
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[TMS]
Members
1,842 posts
22,799 battles

If that was solo then i would say good on you sir, it's still good but nothing special seeing as it's all done in a division.

• Cool 2

[LEGIT]
Members
485 posts
6,785 battles

if it was a solo 16 wins in a row I would be amazed but div and OPG clan on top of that........ Not impressed.

• Cool 3

[CUTE]
Members
181 posts
13,184 battles
6 hours ago, k9kid12 said:

I mean...an OPG div against randoms is pretty strong so...nothing to see here.

Right?  Do this solo queuing and then it will be impressive.

• Cool 1

[-MS-]
Beta Testers
1,458 posts
3,980 battles

Honestly, since I've started playing DDs, I'm not seeing much difference in the weekenders vs weekers. Except Wed. Wed seems to be the god awful night for some reason. I think it's all in people's heads at this point.

[OPG]
2,925 posts
10,485 battles
8 hours ago, k9kid12 said:

I mean...an OPG div against randoms is pretty strong so...nothing to see here.

Well, I've only had 15+ winstreaks twice in nearly 9k games. So it's kinda special for me but if it means nothing to you then I guess you must be a god among men and pull winstreaks like this all the time. 

[-GPS-]
Members
2,551 posts
25,674 battles
23 minutes ago, Mavairo said:

Honestly, since I've started playing DDs, I'm not seeing much difference in the weekenders vs weekers. Except Wed. Wed seems to be the god awful night for some reason. I think it's all in people's heads at this point.

Yesterday was just awful for me. Then I started thinking about how many Pensacolas I saw at Tier 6...  There must still be a lot of potatoes who haven’t earned the Elite Commander XP bonus for the first battle in Pensacola after the USN cruiser line rearrangement. 

On second thought, 16 straight wins is impressive even for a very good 3-man division. I’ve had no loss sessions with a super-unicum CV player but never stayed in division that long. 

FWIW I think I was on the opposing team for one of those 16 battles. My team was so bad the OPG division would’ve had to TK each other in order to lose. 

[-MS-]
Beta Testers
1,458 posts
3,980 battles
18 minutes ago, Landing_Skipper said:

Yesterday was just awful for me. Then I started thinking about how many Pensacolas I saw at Tier 6...  There must still be a lot of potatoes who haven’t earned the Elite Commander XP bonus for the first battle in Pensacola after the USN cruiser line rearrangement. 

On second thought, 16 straight wins is impressive even for a very good 3-man division. I’ve had no loss sessions with a super-unicum CV player but never stayed in division that long. 

FWIW I think I was on the opposing team for one of those 16 battles. My team was so bad the OPG division would’ve had to TK each other in order to lose. 

This weekend has been fantastic so far. I went 12-4 Friday, 4-2 yesterday. When I log in I'm hoping to continue it forward. I'm going to miss the Gatorade when I get the Maas 

[WOLF7]
Members
10,361 posts
11 hours ago, Komrade_Rylo said:

Does walking on the backs of an ocean of salty baked potatoes really stroke your ego?:Smile_amazed:

And using a division on top of it? :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[OPG]
2,925 posts
10,485 battles
8 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Does walking on the backs of an ocean of salty baked potatoes really stroke your ego?:Smile_amazed:

And using a division on top of it? :Smile_teethhappy:

You mean do I enjoy playing a game with friends and am really happy with a big winstreak? Yes, yes I do

• Cool 1

Members
2,134 posts
4,850 battles

Had a good run until just now, when I got 3 losses in a row. Time to call it a weekend.The last battle before I logged out, I was holding off 4 enemy BBs and a cruiser while my team circled AROUND B as a lemming train when their main force was at A. Unsurprisingly, we lost. It was really a wth moment. I still find it hard to perceive how so mnay players are absolutely terrible.

Edited by Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu
  • Cool 1

Members
150 posts
10 battles
14 hours ago, Komrade_Rylo said:

Well, I've only had 15+ winstreaks twice in nearly 9k games. So it's kinda special for me but if it means nothing to you then I guess you must be a god among men and pull winstreaks like this all the time. 

My point is here.

Your head is here.

Members
809 posts
On 6/17/2018 at 12:15 AM, Komrade_Rylo said:

Let me see you do that solo not in an elite division and i might be impressed. 

• Cool 1

Members
2,095 posts
10,430 battles

Grinding high tier Cruisers seems exceptionally painful. All the games are blowouts one way or the other and not long enough to rack up XP.

[OPG]
2,925 posts
10,485 battles
9 hours ago, SteelClaw said:

Let me see you do that solo not in an elite division and i might be impressed. 

Why is it always the potatoes that have such high expectations? Like if literally anyone made a post and they had 16 games in a row I'd give them a thumbs up and tell them good job. Why? Bc even with a unicum division 16 wins in a row without someone bringing a cv and just fishing plane kills is extremely rare. But potatoes and people with their stats hidden think they're hot stuff when they say "solo or it didn't count or doesn't impress me". But I'm sure you're gonna reply some [edited] about why your stats are hidden or why they don't count or don't matter. 

• Bad 1

Members
198 posts
1,447 battles
17 minutes ago, Komrade_Rylo said:

But potatoes and people with their stats hidden think they're hot stuff when they say "solo or it didn't count or doesn't impress me". But I'm sure you're gonna reply some [edited] about why your stats are hidden or why they don't count or don't matter. 

I think you missed his and several other peoples points.  You went into random battles in a three ship Unicum Division, and all 3 of you  have over 8k battles under your belts, and overall win rates of over 57%. Your supposed to have long win streaks, that's why no one is impressed.

Personally I find the fact that you made a thread about it rather pathetic. Its reads like a high school kid who got puffy chested and started bragging, because he slapped a bunch of middle school kids around.

• Cool 1

[NCBL]
Members
110 posts
3,898 battles

I didn't lose every game but I lost a lot. Pretty much every team that I had a loss with consisted of players who think capping 1 point was sufficient to win a domination round with 3 points.