You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BoldSavage

When you've been winning and realize....

34 comments in this topic

Members
3,774 posts
8,442 battles

When you've been winning a lot of games and playing at unicom and super unicom levels of win rates and then look over to the left and realize ahhhhh crap I'm only at a 47 overall.  Just one of those blah moments.  I could only wish for a 60 percent win rate lol.

Capture.PNG

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Members
3,774 posts
8,442 battles

At least I can admit my shame win rate though I'm not proud of it but I always look to improve. 

[HINON]
Members
9,317 posts

Meh, who cares about overall tbh. Looking at your recent stats, it looks like you have improved quite substantially.

Members
3,774 posts
8,442 battles
6 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Meh, who cares about overall tbh. Looking at your recent stats, it looks like you have improved quite substantially.

The funny thing is most of those wins have been primarily at tier 7 roughly.  In a destroyer of all things.  I dunno if its because I'm staying back further or what but something seems to be working right.

[HINON]
Members
9,317 posts
3 minutes ago, SuperSpud1 said:

The funny thing is most of those wins have been primarily at tier 7 roughly.  In a destroyer of all things.  I dunno if its because I'm staying back further or what but something seems to be working right.

Sounds like good positioning is helping you win more. The more I play the more I find that is the skill that comes with experience and helps win games.

Members
3,774 posts
8,442 battles
1 minute ago, RipNuN2 said:

Sounds like good positioning is helping you win more. The more I play the more I find that is the skill that comes with experience and helps win games.

I've played some days though where it's been nothing but absolute straight losses and that's actually hard to deal with especially when you're trying to improve your statistics.

[SYJ]
Members
988 posts
2,257 battles

It's just a number. Nobody gives a hoot about it except you, and you let it dictate your day:Smile_honoring:

Members
3,774 posts
8,442 battles
1 minute ago, _1204_ said:

It's just a number. Nobody gives a hoot about it except you, and you let it dictate your day:Smile_honoring:

I dont let it dictate my day lol, just an ugh moment where I'm wanting to prove and then realize I got a long way to go l m f a o.

[SYJ]
Members
988 posts
2,257 battles
18 minutes ago, SuperSpud1 said:

I dont let it dictate my day lol, just an ugh moment where I'm wanting to prove and then realize I got a long way to go l m f a o.

If it doesnt matter to you then why is it an ugh moment?

Members
3,774 posts
8,442 battles

Because I'm simply trying to improve my statistics for my own better judgement.  Plus I'm sick of toxic stat shamers in game lol.

[RUST]
Beta Testers
965 posts
10,639 battles

The trend in the plots of your WR history is the thing that you really should be paying attention to.

[SYJ]
Members
988 posts
2,257 battles

I had the same issue in wot blitz... 8k games and a 52 wr. My buddy started a can that needed a 55%. I played T-18 (OP tier 2) till I was sick of it. Wasn't fun at all... okay, the derp gun was a blast but that's besides the point, but it wasn't worth it. By the time I quit blitz? 20k games and a 58 wr. Though I never hit 60% like I hoped, my 30-days were always on point, and thats all that matters!

[FML]
Members
1,921 posts
10,605 battles

OP, Looks like you're on the up and up! :)

The key to improving your performance at this game is an open, but critical, mindset.  When you die, take 10 seconds to try to work out when you made your error - was it moments before, or minutes before? In those circumstances, what should you have done differently for next time?  Then, when you are in-battle, if you get a bad feeling about doing something before you do it, follow that instinct - its because you've already learnt that lesson the hard way :)

Good luck!

Members
1,502 posts
506 battles
2 hours ago, SuperSpud1 said:

When you've been winning a lot of games and playing at unicom and super unicom levels of win rates and then look over to the left and realize ahhhhh crap I'm only at a 47 overall.  Just one of those blah moments.  I could only wish for a 60 percent win rate lol.

Capture.PNG

where did you get that information from?>? might have missed something but not familiar with that page

Members
1,172 posts
3,153 battles

Really, stats don't matter if you think about it, what matters is doing what's needed to win the game you're in at the time you're playing it. 

• Cool 1

Members
3,774 posts
8,442 battles
10 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Yea unlike warships today WoWs stats and numbers actually works.  It's quite accurate.  Warshipstoday is broken and unusable.  It still shows my stats being 45 percent lol and it's not.

[4HIM]
Members
1,926 posts
4,724 battles
1 hour ago, SuperSpud1 said:

Warshipstoday is broken

Yep.  It keeps telling me it can't update because my stats are hidden.

They're bad, but not hidden.  

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,167 battles
13 hours ago, SuperSpud1 said:

Capture.PNG

Can I make one recommendation, and remember I am not attacking you or trying to insult you. Temper your playing style with a little more patience. I am looking at your survival rate and it is very low. You will have more impact on games if you manage to stay alive more. You can't help the way the battle turns out in the end if you are dead. I was a better than average player but I was aggressive and reckless, I have been playing with some unicum players and they have really helped me shape my game. My battle survival rate jumped by 20%. Look at the difference it made in the other areas of my game as well.

Screenshot (24).png

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,167 battles
18 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

Yep.  It keeps telling me it can't update because my stats are hidden.

They're bad, but not hidden.  

Warships today is dead, try these sites https://na.wows-numbers.com/      and       http://www.wowstats.org/   They will help you track stats and see where you need to improve.

[4HIM]
Members
1,926 posts
4,724 battles
31 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

Warships today is dead, try these sites https://na.wows-numbers.com/      and       http://www.wowstats.org/   They will help you track stats and see where you need to improve.

Thanks.

And it will take a LOT more than stat tracking to get a tater like me to improve.  

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,167 battles
2 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

Thanks.

And it will take a LOT more than stat tracking to get a tater like me to improve.  

NONSENSE.........with the tools to see where you need to improve you can work on aspects of your game. You improve ONE thing, it is like the butterfly effect, everything else starts to improve. I looked at your stats, I am not trying to insult or attack you personally but the first thing I would work on is your aiming. You can not hit the target consistently and it is hurting your overall game. Here are a couple of videos that will help a lot. They made a big difference in my game.

I hope these videos are fun and informative for you. Happy sailing and may your aim always be true!!!!!!