Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sepia

Multiplayer ships

21 comments in this topic

[HEAVY]
Members
77 posts
4,540 battles

Maybe this has been discussed before but I couldn't find it, I was thinking about multiplayer ships. It would be interesting to have 1 player drive and man the main turrets while the other player man's secondaries and AA. It would be interesting if manual secondaries was actually manually fired buy another player on your ship. Just a thought.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,304 posts
11,811 battles

sounds like a real recipe for toxicity to me.

• Funny 1

[HINON]
Supertester
19,566 posts
13,172 battles

pls no. Let's not remove game play complexity to the point of boredom and make us all even more dependent on random teammates.

Members
2,609 posts
2,694 battles

Always figured it would make for a neat clan battle mode. Since it will be with people you (may) know. A small 3-5 ship team with a player on each gun, someone on the secondaries, someone on the torpedoes, and someone on the wheel. 

Edited by Yoshiblue

[SALVO]
Members
17,651 posts
18,478 battles
9 minutes ago, Lert said:

pls no. Let's not remove game play complexity to the point of boredom and make us all even more dependent on random teammates.

It would be very boring.  Not that warships couldn't be handled better if you actually did have a small group of people working together (assuming they were on the same page).  But it'd be super boring to do nothing but drive the ship, or be the guy in charge of secondaries, if you weren't in range of anything.

Frankly, the game needs to stay the way it is so that people don't get bored doing each of these individually boring tasks (except perhaps for the main gunner, who probably has a great time).

[-AVA-]
Members
143 posts
8,249 battles

There is/was a development game called HMS Marulken, now changed to Wolfpack, that allows multiple players inside a German U-boat. At the time I played about a year ago it had positions for a commander, engine/batteries guy, radio/sonar guy and a torpedo/deck gun guy. I don't know how much it has changed or improved but you had to have voice comms to even think about playing effectively. . .and that was just against bots. I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like in an environment like this, but it wouldn't be pretty. . .difficult enough to coordinate your own ship's actions let alone trying to do so with 14 other ships.

[NOBS]
Members
642 posts
6,664 battles

I can see this working, with a tweak, the driver can only see from the Gunners pov and the gunner can only see from the drivers pov, plus a 4 drink minimum to play

[HEAVY]
Members
77 posts
4,540 battles

Why do you guys assume it would be a random player. The idea would be to have a friend jump in. Otherwise the ship players like normal. People like playing an ATL which is basically a ship of secondaries.  I could see a German bb played this way as an option.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,566 posts
13,172 battles
6 minutes ago, Sepia said:

The idea would be to have a friend jump in

I'd rather my friend drive his own ship so we can coordinate.

[MLPVA]
Members
183 posts
2,946 battles
6 minutes ago, Lert said:

I'd rather my friend drive his own ship so we can coordinate.

This. Two ships are better than one.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,304 posts
11,811 battles

They should put WoWP players on CVs lol

Supertester, Alpha Tester
6,048 posts

This idea was actually floated early in the forums.

Seems to me that the discussion paralleled this one.

[HEAVY]
Members
77 posts
4,540 battles

I think that people have trouble imagining it. I quite enjoyed playing in two man vehicles in PlanetSide. You just have to give both players an enjoyable experience. Some people may not want to drive but might love being a Gunner. Secondaries should be anti dd. It's funny how main battery AP can basically one shot a DD. I thought DD were supposed to counter bb. Seems odd to me.

Members
1,345 posts
1,345 battles
8 minutes ago, Sepia said:

quite enjoyed playing in two man vehicles in PlanetSide. You just have to give both players an enjoyable experience. Some people may not want to drive but might love being a Gunner.

Right lets talk about this. 

1. Key word: You. While you might have in this I can say many will not. In the example you gave I would assume the other person would be a friend or family member. Which of course will mean a fun time. Playing with friends is always more fun. With strangers you never know how they will react and chances are they will be, less then nice.

2. Enjoyable experience. I bet many of us here came to this game to sail a ship we love. If I have to share command of Furutaka with someone else. I will be far from happy. God forbid they are trolls are total noobs. Yeah... No. I'm not handing Furutaka over to some creepy stranger. 

3. Roles. Again what roles are you talking about? How many are there and who controls what. If you are a great captain. It matters nothing if you gunner is total crap. If he misses and the enemy doesn't you're going to have a bad time. 

4. Look I'm not trying to say your idea is bad. Its not. Sea of thives does a great job with this concept. But WOWS is a totally different game. Such a idea will not sail well here. Lol sorry. 

Just my thoughts on this... Don't take this thr wrong way.

Sign in to follow this