You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BoldSavage

Working on my Blys Captains perks....

24 comments in this topic

Members
3,774 posts
8,497 battles

A simple question since I've been working on my Blyskawica captain skills.   Seeing that Blys is basically a gun boat. Would it be worth it in the long while to go for IFHE for the second 4th tier captain skill point?  I only ask this because like Akizuki the HE shells do not do much damage you are lucky if it does catch a fire.  So I ponder if it would be even worth going for IFHE for this captain.  I know it would probably do more damage with that than just plain old HE.  What are your thoughts?  Should I go for it or would those points be better off invested into another perk?

shot-18.06.16_15.16.13-0705.jpg

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,474 posts
5,728 battles

120mm HE can pen all the superstructures you'll face. Not worth it. Take AFT instead since you're always going to be using your guns.

Members
3,774 posts
8,497 battles
Just now, Cruiser_StLouis said:

120mm HE can pen all the superstructures you'll face. Not worth it. Take AFT instead since you're always going to be using your guns.

The problem that I find with AFT and increasing the main firing range is that the shells basically become too floaty.  Its more of a challenge shooting like that and yes I've learning that with playing the Atlanta and having AFT.  Its actually difficult to hit the target.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,869 posts
3,961 battles

Forget IFHE, pick Last Stand immediately. It's a must have regardless of tier or DD. 

As for the rest of the skills, Demolition Expert to boost your firechance to 10%, Survivability Expert to give you some extra hp and Adrenaline Rush to boost both your guns and torpedoes could be fine choices. Regardless, as long as you can aim for superstructures you will get reasonable damage vs most ships.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,573 posts
12,258 battles

PT AND PM

LS AND AR 

SE, SI AND BFT

CE 

19 point gunboat captain.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,654 posts
13,211 battles

This is how I've built mine:

2hdRvXp.jpg

[TARFU]
[TARFU]
Members
1,032 posts
6,441 battles

Lerts seems pretty good, or you could also try his but instead of smoke radius and adrenaline rush, get IFHE. Blyska has 4 rear firing guns if i remember correctly, maybe BFT could be viable instead of demo expert when paired with adrenaline rush.

being able to park your ship in smoke perpendicular to the enemy (to reduce getting hit by torps) and shoot 4 guns is pretty nice.

Edited by HorrorRoach

[LHG]
Members
1,218 posts
5,130 battles

IFHE on Akizuki is purely for fighting other destroyers, it doesn't help much with penetrating the cruiser or battleship armor it sees.

In general, direct shell damage generally isn't a destroyer's main source of damage to bigger ships. Only outliers like the Russian gunboats (that do almost nothing but shoot HE from a distance) will be doing a lot of shell damage and only then through sheer volume of fire. All other destroyers make better use of torpedoes and DoT damage.

Members
3,774 posts
8,497 battles

Okay so if I go aft on the build what will the range increase to?

[HINON]
Supertester
19,654 posts
13,211 battles
1 minute ago, SuperSpud1 said:

Okay so if I go aft on the build what will the range increase to?

Members
3,774 posts
8,497 battles

Yea lol may just have to copy your build Lert.  Id just have to grind some elite captains xp to re spec lol.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,654 posts
13,211 battles
15 minutes ago, SuperSpud1 said:

Yea lol may just have to copy your build Lert.  Id just have to grind some elite captains xp to re spec lol.

I'm actually considering respeccing.

Members
3,774 posts
8,497 battles
26 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

ahhhhhh... I remember when...........

Invisifire lol

23 minutes ago, Lert said:

I'm actually considering respeccing.

Well I'm still trying to figure out what would suit better.

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

I use one from either Notser, or Flamu. Not in front of PC to check. 

Builds are a few months old, but nothing really changed in recent patches.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,958 posts
9,844 battles
1 hour ago, SuperSpud1 said:

The problem that I find with AFT and increasing the main firing range is that the shells basically become too floaty.  Its more of a challenge shooting like that and yes I've learning that with playing the Atlanta and having AFT.  Its actually difficult to hit the target.

Agreed. I do not have AFT on my Blys. The reduced gun bloom is a benefit too. Abuse the heck out of it to pop in and out of visibility.

This is my build. http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/1000000000000011010010000000001119

With the T5 botes you see, RPF is fantastic for both chasing them down as well as knowing where to turn to disengage them without wasting your smoke. Blind torps on the marker can also work well sometimes.

I went with BFT over DE because I wanted to boost the AA just that extra little bit against spotter planes.

[STW]
Members
660 posts
4,709 battles

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/1000000000000011010010000000100119

This is what I use, and just utilize it like a little fatter Russian gunboat DD (might end up switching BFT to DE).  Honestly, I prefer the Blys to the Leningrad, and if you have trouble doing damage or lighting fires with its guns then you need more practice to work on the gun handling and aim.  On BB's, superstructure is going to be what you're mainly going for.  It has really good arcs and is a great firestarter in my experience.  I have an 80% WR with it, so I feel pretty confident in its capabilities.

Also if you get a cruiser or battleship within 10km or so with a broadside, use AP and target superstructure or upper belt.  It can also citadel cruisers within a certain range, like 7km or so.

Edited by Deviathan
  • Cool 1

[BB22]
Members
154 posts
23,282 battles

I use ifhe on mine. I can't reasonably hit anything past 12 km and I use it more as a cruiser shooting at everything and lighting fires works well for me.

[TF57]
Members
1,349 posts
4,050 battles

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/1000000000000011010010000000100119

This is what I use, and just utilize it like a little fatter Russian gunboat DD (might end up switching BFT to DE).  Honestly, I prefer the Blys to the Leningrad, and if you have trouble doing damage or lighting fires with its guns then you need more practice to work on the gun handling and aim.  On BB's, superstructure is going to be what you're mainly going for.  It has really good arcs and is a great firestarter in my experience.  I have an 80% WR with it, so I feel pretty confident in its capabilities.

Also if you get a cruiser or battleship within 10km or so with a broadside, use AP and target superstructure or upper belt.  It can also citadel cruisers within a certain range, like 7km or so.

This is the exact build I'm working towards. Good to see a better player endorse it! My reasoning was:

PT = useful info/threat level

LS = mandatory, AR = both guns and torps benefit

SE = Blys eats more shells than faster Russians, BFT = gun reload is slow (no DE = already good fire chance, no SI = smoke is not vital)

AFT = accuracy means can get full benefit  CE = cos always useful and makes occasional torps more viable (no IFHE = has drawback AND has benefits on only some targets whereas AFT and CE benefit in all situations)

Edited by evilleMonkeigh
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
19,654 posts
13,211 battles
On 6/17/2018 at 12:20 AM, SuperSpud1 said:

A simple question since I've been working on my Blyskawica captain skills.

I've respec'd to this:

6asT4O8.jpg

I feel this is a decent balance between gunboating and utility. The only thing I really miss is the extra charge of speed boost / smoke from SI, and the turret traverse is a bit sluggish.

Members
3,774 posts
8,497 battles

Ahh lol, I actually started to work on the grind to the Khab lol.  OMG the guns on the Kiev holy crap talk about HE spam central l m a o.

Members
1,175 posts
3,153 battles

Expert loader is not needed. Get PT/PM instead. Same for the smoke skill. LS is completely nessecary and you shouldn't even bother playing without it. IFHE isn't that nessecary. Get AR and SE next.