Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
DragonOfTheArmory

Why Are Replays Enabled In The PT?

4 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
76 posts

I've been looking to see if I missed something somewhere over the last few PT sessions and I have yet to find it.

Why are replays enabled in the PT?  Better yet, why can I not disable them?  I've looked in the preferences.xml file and it is not listed as an option that they were enabled.  Do I need to add the line in the file and set it to FALSE to disable this from occuring?

Even better:  When are we going to get it as an option to enable it through the in-game settings?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,345 posts
1,345 battles
1 hour ago, DragonOfTheArmory said:

I've been looking to see if I missed something somewhere over the last few PT sessions and I have yet to find it.

Why are replays enabled in the PT?  Better yet, why can I not disable them?  I've looked in the preferences.xml file and it is not listed as an option that they were enabled.  Do I need to add the line in the file and set it to FALSE to disable this from occuring?

Even better:  When are we going to get it as an option to enable it through the in-game settings?

 

The PT as the name suggests is a place for WG to work out bugs before a patch drops. When a player finds a bug in it, sending a replay with the time stamp of when it occurs is a great help to the devs.

Also the PT was never designed as a place for you to play in. It is at its core, a place for the devs to see what works and what can't. What they do with that info is beyond me. :Smile-_tongue:

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
76 posts
3 hours ago, Incendiary_Tanker said:

Also the PT was never designed as a place for you to play in. It is at its core, a place for the devs to see what works and what can't. What they do with that info is beyond me. :Smile-_tongue:

It was stated when I applied to the PT server that it was for us to play in to help the devs develop information and to find the bugs with the intent of the PT installation to mimic the actual installation that they want to have go live (which we know it doesn't).  So if they didn't want us as the player base to use it to "play in" then there should be a test routine but there isn't for the public test server other than to just go play.

So it goes back to shouldn't I be able to disable it and when are we going to get the feature to turn on and off replays in the settings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,345 posts
1,345 battles
57 minutes ago, DragonOfTheArmory said:

It was stated when I applied to the PT server that it was for us to play in to help the devs develop information and to find the bugs with the intent of the PT installation to mimic the actual installation that they want to have go live (which we know it doesn't).  So if they didn't want us as the player base to use it to "play in" then there should be a test routine but there isn't for the public test server other than to just go play.

So it goes back to shouldn't I be able to disable it and when are we going to get the feature to turn on and off replays in the settings.

No, you should not be able to turn off replays. Why is that such an issue anyway? I think you fail to realize what the PT is really for. The server, in my mind, is a place for testing. And I mean rigorous testing. Not just playing the ship in a few battles against bots are small random battles. I mean setting up rooms and pushing to the ship to the limit with other players. And to deliberately troll for game bugs. That is what the test server is intended to do and is for. Of, course this rarely happens.

Nonetheless, if you are going to the PT to have fun, you are missing its point. Which is why I used the term "play" as it seems this is what your post is implying since you seem to be annoyed about such an insignificant issue.  Also said replay files are not very big. If your PC can handle the PT server and the standard game client, you can handle a few megabytes of replay footage. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×