You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Levits

Siapan vs Ranger; You all know the outcome.

7 comments in this topic

[C-1]
[C-1]
Members
412 posts
7,346 battles

Allow me to vent for a second Wargaming. Especially after this last match.

You stuck my Ranger against a Siapan with no chance in hell what so ever of winning. Now, a Saipan against a ranger is usually a problem; everyone including yourself should know this by now. But there are the loadouts of Saipan that do give some (immeasurable) chance that I can strafe my way to victory. But you see, YOU specifically made it god damned impossible to win against a Saipan carrying 3 fckn fighter squadrons. I know you are well aware of this. And by all means I should have fn known better than to even take that sorry gimped bastard out.

But the thing is, you really suck at balancing things.

So, when you do eventually, maybe (I certainly wont be holding my breath) get CV's "Balanced" to your liking. Don't go setting up some ships to lose against Paid to Win premiums. And if you are going to nerf something, make sure you nerf them all.

3 squadrons of tier 9 planes with 4 planes in each of them = 12 tier 9's in the air. Vs my 7 MAX single fighter squadron. I took out maybe 8 of his fighters during strafing runs and by god I strafed my [edited]off to no avail. So, you see the problem here right. The moment I got locked down into a dogfight with my single fighter squadron, he swarmed me with the other 2. With more than enough OP-ness to kill them off quick. Oh no, in his defense he was "smart" enough not to move his planes over a Cleveland, and smart enough to have one squadron over each of the cap points. That's all he had to do. HELL, he didn't even bother strafing or dodging my own. All he had to do was click and that was it. So, how the hell am I suppose to compete with that in my Ranger?

Provide a Explanation, a tutorial, a hint even; or lock this thread. Because honestly, I don't think that you have a answer at this point in time.

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,607 posts
12,463 battles

I thought you were going to show how you kicked a Saipan's butt. Oh well.

[SF-A]
Members
2,949 posts
5,920 battles

Yes. Known issue that is studiously ignored. Best bet is to wait for the CV rework to put it back to a reasonable level.

[STW-M]
Members
2,340 posts
6,235 battles

Unfortunately, your only consolation there is to do more damage than him, and thus contribute more to the team.

3-0-1 Saipan is the new AS Bogue, and frankly is there either for those that can't win air superiority with 2-2-0 Saipan (frankly, if you lose a fighter war against a Ranger, you're either extremely outclassed or just horrible at CVs) or for those that take great pleasure in ruining other CV's days

I see an AS Saipan on the enemy team in any of my surface ships and I go "well, too bad for our CV, but at least their CV won't be doing anything useful".

Members
14 posts
1,515 battles

Just played a Siapan + Ryujo vs Ranger + Ryujo (me). I killed 2 planes, the Ranger killed 3 planes, and the Siapan killed 65 planes. I'm only certain that 2 of my aircraft returned to fly again and ended up using my ship as a meat shield (I did get 6 secondary hits) after my planes died. By some miracle, we won. However, this is absurd. It's not like the Siapan played exceptionally well, he was flying all over the top of cruisers and battleships with decent AA, and I dodged quite a few of his strafes to engage him from behind. It just didn't matter. He strafed out of every engagement immediately and his planes were too strong and fast to lose much to AA before he wiped out everything and flew out of range.

In the future, I may just keep my planes in reserve until the Siapan dies, because unless I have an Atlanta to lure him toward, there's literally nothing I can do against him.

Edited by JZ909