You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Tolvor

Radar

53 comments in this topic

[5D5]
Members
14 posts
9,497 battles

Again FIX RADAR, 

SHIP A

M  O  U  N  T  A  I  N

Ship B with radar and more than 2km apart

Ship B see Ship A and all his friends....do as well.

RADAR DOES NOT WORK THROUGH ROCKS. Not in during WW II anyway it did not.

Tired of this [edited] getting trashed because a CA pops radar, Assuming this is same for hydro....if within range I am sure the CA sees the DD or other ship on the other side of the mountain. For that matter can be in some case 11km away and see a ship through 4-5 mountains.

FIX THIS

Yeah I know this thread will get locked...maybe I need to keep posting...I am a paying customer not a freeloader.

Also fix the shooting of planes through mountains by ships as well.

Tolvor

• Cool 1
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 4
  • Angry 1

[-DZ-]
Members
452 posts
23,357 battles
7 minutes ago, Tolvor said:

Again FIX RADAR, 

SHIP A

M  O  U  N  T  A  I  N

Tired of this [edited] getting trashed because a CA pops radar, Assuming this is same for hydro....if within range I am sure the CA sees the DD or other ship on the other side of the mountain. For that matter can be in some case 11km away and see a ship through 4-5 mountains.

FIX THIS

Yeah I know this thread will get locked...maybe I need to keep posting...I am a paying customer not a freeloader.

Tolvor

About radar and aircraft.... I wish it can be done,  but for now,  they have it as a set range for the radar,  which they could change,  but will both alter the game mechanics,  and it would take a while to correct.... AA is similar,  but it is not the same as reg secondaries nor main artillery - they coded it for balance reasons 

[CUTIE]
Members
1,439 posts
6,209 battles
14 minutes ago, Tolvor said:

It'll get locked because for some reason they feel that the other 50 radar threads are enough.

• Cool 4

[5D5]
Members
2,408 posts
15,033 battles
7 minutes ago, Tolvor said:

Another one who thinks that because he's dropped some money into the game his opinion counts more...rofl :Smile_popcorn:

Many of us who play DD have adapted for a long time. It's not radar that is the issue, it's a situational awareness thing.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[HINON]
Members
9,355 posts
2 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Another one who thinks that because he's dropped some money into the game his opinion counts more...rofl :Smile_popcorn:

Many of us who play DD have adapted for a long time. It's not radar that is the issue, it's a situational awareness thing.

Yay more popcorn. 

3HxBX2W.gif

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
16,329 posts
9,639 battles

You do understand that both radar and hydro are nothing more than extending the auto-detection range.

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

They'll prolly never change it. Many excuses why it can't be done, it just depends on what you believe.

They'll be a change to radar, or something that'll counteract it in the future, or maybe MM changes to radar per team.  Nothing will be mentioned until after all USN hype dies down. When clear numbers can be seen.

Until then we'll have to deal with the radar oversaturation. DD play will dwindle and WG will realize (again) that another change is needed. DD premiums will be in decline and that'll make them take notice.

If radar bothers you that much, make a difference and stop playing, or play another ship type. Vote with wallet closed, and cut back your playtime.

Edited by Wulfgarn

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,932 posts
15,675 battles
38 minutes ago, Submarine_M1 said:

they coded it for balance reasons 

Nonsense ... they coded it quick and dirty to implement it ASAP and now are just being stubborn about fixing it. You can't SEE through islands, radar shouldn't either.

[PNG]
Supertester, Beta Testers
5,706 posts
6,634 battles

If you're going to argue realism, can you also add to the list of unrealistic things that we can remove: flags that prevent detonation, instant repair and damage control parties, and infinite ammo, especially when it comes to torpedoes?

Edited by Compassghost

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,218 posts
3,999 battles

Radar: Temporary, short-term, long range, boost to assured acquisition of enemy vessels.

Hydro: Temporary, long-term, short range, boost to assured acquisition of enemy vessels and torpedoes.

[INTEL]
Members
8,838 posts
26,334 battles
17 hours ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Edited by Taichunger

[SIDE]
Members
1,605 posts

Search function OP. Next page button OP.

Same gripes. Same small group of regulars. Same gripes. Same pitty party echo chamber. Same gripes.

Same easy work arounds. Same simple solutions. Same proven advice.

All exactly the same as

ONE HUNDRED OTHER COPYCAT THREADS. 

Nothing to see here.

• Bad 1

[2347]
Members
187 posts
5,426 battles

The Definitive Answer to the Radar LOS Question courtesy the WOWS Dev Team - Broadcast 6/15/18

Question (EarlGrey): Is radar ever going to get reworked to be useful only when there's no hard terrain in the way? - So, Line-of Sight, I believe this means...

Answer (WG): Um, we discussed it, but currently it's very hard for players to, uh...It's a hard mechanic. Right now you just, like you see on the mini-map - Okay, there's the DD, he goes in smoke and you don't see him. You pop radar and if he's in the circle, you see him. It's easy. But with this line-of-sight it gets harder, progressively, and also it kind of, um, I don't know, it destroys the [role?] information can play; like in Ranked when you have the island and you pop radar and you see something. You get information even though you don't have a line-of-sight to that.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

So, the development team is able to state the problem, but will not fix it because it's hard? Or something...I'm not sure what the answer means, to tell the truth. But that's the Developer's official position. (You can find the audio broadcast on Flamu's Youtube page - this part is @13 minutes into it)

Edited by _Starbuck
  • Cool 2

[SIDE]
Members
1,605 posts
6 minutes ago, _Starbuck said:

The Definitive Answer to the Radar LOS Question courtesy the WOWS Dev Team - Broadcast 6/15/18

Question (EarlGrey): Is radar ever going to get reworked to be useful only when there's no hard terrain in the way? - So, Line-of Sight, I believe this means...

Answer (WG): Um, we discussed it, but currently it's very hard for players to, uh...It's a hard mechanic. Right now you just, like you see on the mini-map - Okay, there's the DD, he goes in smoke and you don't see him. You pop radar and if he's in the circle, you see him. It's easy. But with this line-of-sight it gets harder, progressively, and also it kind of, um, I don't know, it destroys the [role?] information can play; like in Ranked when you have the island and you pop radar and you see something. You get information even though you don't have a line-of-sight to that.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

So, the development team is able to state the problem, but will not fix it because it's hard? Or something...I'm not sure what the answer means, to tell the truth. But that's the Developer's official position. (You can find the audio broadcast on Flamu's Youtube page - this part is @13 minutes into it)

Alright. 

Infinite torpedos and magic concealment distance and super smoke cuz it’s a video game not a simulator. Arcade rules.

Also, magic Radar sees thru islands cuz it’s a video game not a simulator. Arcade rules.

Nothing to fix because in this context nothing is broken.

Brilliant! OK now we can all talk about other things.

Edited by thebigblue

[INTEL]
Members
8,838 posts
26,334 battles
16 hours ago, thebigblue said:

Search function OP. Next page button OP.

Same gripes. Same small group of regulars. Same gripes. Same pitty party echo chamber. Same gripes.

Same easy work arounds. Same simple solutions. Same proven advice.

All exactly the same as

ONE HUNDRED OTHER COPYCAT THREADS. 

Nothing to see here.

Then don't post.

[INTEL]
Members
8,838 posts
26,334 battles
16 hours ago, thebigblue said:
16 hours ago, Taichunger said:

Then don't post.

Which high tier DDs have you played? Your stats are hidden, and Warships today doesn't show that you have any. 

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
3 hours ago, Tolvor said:

Again FIX RADAR, 

SHIP A

M  O  U  N  T  A  I  N

FIX THIS

Tolvor

7s5r3JC.gif

• Funny 1

[USMC_]
Members
2 posts

Dang near every ship has radar now, its nothing to have 3+ radar boats on the red team each match. A DD caught in the open via radar is dead. What about giving DDs either decoy torps or a jammer not to defeat radar but to confuse it, maybe show multiple DDs instead of just the one.

I fully expect the trolls to show and the bashing to begin.....

Members
409 posts
1,503 battles
3 hours ago, Harv72b said:

It'll get locked because for some reason they feel that the other 50 radar threads are enough.

On other forums Ive been on, they will merge threads if they are too similar. Maybe Wargaming could do that instead of locking them?

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
5 minutes ago, Kochira said:

On other forums Ive been on, they will merge threads if they are too similar. Maybe Wargaming could do that instead of locking them?

That would be nice.

They enjoy locking threads too much though. :cap_yes:

[WORX]
Members
2,020 posts
13,515 battles
3 hours ago, Tolvor said:

Yeah I know this thread will get locked...maybe I need to keep posting...I am a paying customer not a freeloader

According to the TOS of WG/WOWS/WOT/WOWP. Any Money you spend in the game is/will be regarded/considered as a rental relationship between you ( the tenant) and WG and its products (The owner of  all rights/aspect of the game including game balancing). So what do this means for you, well if you live in the US like Arkansas where Landlords not tenants have all rights/permission to the property.

• You as a renter/tenant well you don;t have "entitlements" claim to stand on. Which means
  1. IF something is broken, and you complain they have no legal obligation to honor your complaint.
  2. The Rights holder dont have to make any quality of life changes to the game to appease a "paying" renter compared to a "freeloader" since in this agreement BOTH are treated the same.
  3. IF you don;t like the agreement tough, like in Arkansas if you decide to move on to "other properties" or games. I don't think at this moment you will find a better game in the genera.

I will leave you with a Q&A session as to where the game is probably headed. My goal is to educate, if this is a suitable path then carry on sailor.

Edited by Navalpride33

[SIDE]
Members
1,605 posts
40 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Which high tier DDs have you played? Your stats are hidden, and Warships today doesn't show that you have any. 

Locked long time ago. Best advice ever.

Ive played all 7

All 8 except Loyang, Aki and groz split

All 9 except  groz split and yugo (stopped due to overdone torp nerf)

All 10 except groz shima YY (unlocked not bought)

Current DD play is Gearing, Z and to a much less extent Khab. I tend to power grind for the 10’s and don’t linger on any single boat or tier to “pad stats” or whatever they call it. Not saying there is anything wrong with that but I would say risk of bias lies therein for those that do.

I’m too compulsive and try not to get emotionally invested  in any particular boat or line given the fluidity of game and all the changes we have seen. I have always played all types and most lines. Sold Chung to fund French B.B. grind but quit and sold those for US cruiser split. Prob sell off most of those to buy YY. Anyway, I don’t “main” anything and think that helps understand things from more than a single point of view.

Anyway, you asked. I’m telling. I respect your view points even if I don’t agree. Hope this doesn’t turn into some snarky opinion invalidation. Let’s see...

Edited by thebigblue