You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
saber1979

What is it about the weekend?

36 comments in this topic

Members
198 posts
1,447 battles

I mean holly hell, every battle i have been in since last night has been incredibly lopsided one way or the other.

[WOLFA]
Members
579 posts
3,478 battles

Don't even get me started I just rage quit after 17.

YES 17 losses in a row and not close losses total wipe outs.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
1,627 posts
6,893 battles

Rather than asking about the weekends, I would think that right around now the question would be what is it with every day...seeing all the little kiddies are getting out of school for the summer.

As for the weekends, it has always been known, assumed, suspected that it is when the fleets of 'short buses' hit the road and fill up the WG parking lots, the drool, window licking and nose picking runs rampant.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[WOLFA]
Members
579 posts
3,478 battles
Just now, Judge_Doom said:

Rather than asking about the weekends, I would think that right around now the question would be what is it with every day...seeing all the little kiddies are getting out of school for the summer.

As for the weekends, it has always been known, assumed, suspected that it is when the fleets of 'short buses' hit the road and fill up the WG parking lots, the drool, window licking and nose picking runs rampant.

Sorry I have never had a weekend this bad.

Members
3,254 posts
9,531 battles
9 minutes ago, Judge_Doom said:

By the 'short bus' crew, you mean people with jobs/lives/families that can't play all the time like us no-lifers?

• Cool 4

[TBW]
Members
6,607 posts
12,463 battles
26 minutes ago, saber1979 said:

I mean holly hell, every battle i have been in since last night has been incredibly lopsided one way or the other.

All battles have a good chance of being lopsided. It's the attrition factor.

at·tri·tion

NOUN
  1. the action or process of gradually reducing the strength or effectiveness of someone or something through sustained attack or pressure.
    "The team concentrated fire and won by a landslide, through attrition."
  • Cool 1

Members
198 posts
1,447 battles
Just now, Sovereigndawg said:

All battles have a good chance of being lopsided. It's the attrition factor.

at·tri·tion

NOUN
  1. the action or process of gradually reducing the strength or effectiveness of someone or something through sustained attack or pressure.
    "The team concentrated fire and won by a landslide, through attrition."

During the week is not nearly this bad.

[TBW]
Members
6,607 posts
12,463 battles
1 minute ago, saber1979 said:

During the week is not nearly this bad.

All seems pretty much the same to me and I play at lots of different times too. It's no so much the weekends but the population. More people more chaos.

[TOG]
Members
2,821 posts
15,797 battles

There's a few factors involved in why it can get bad in the weekend. Not only you do you have to achieve conditions for winning. You also have to prevent defeat from being snatched from the jaws of victory. Let's face it. The vast majority of the player base don't really care about winning or losing. And there are more of them on the weekends, vacations holidays, etc. So either:

1. Avoid playing in these time periods.

2. Play in lower tiers. Like T3/T4. Or T5-T6.

3. Play an OP ship.

4. Do steps 2-3 combined.

• Cool 1

Members
567 posts
75 battles
2 hours ago, Lensar said:

By the 'short bus' crew, you mean people with jobs/lives/families that can't play all the time like us no-lifers?

You'd have a point if the majority of them didn't have thousands of games played. And many unicum players have jobs, lives, families. To argue that you can't be successful in both is a fallacy. In fact many of the same intellectual abilities that make a person perform well at any given task will apply regardless of the task.

Intelligence is intelligence. You either have the capacity to reflect on what worked or didn't work in the past and apply that awareness by making better future decisions...or you don't. And this game attracts an insane number of players that make you question how they get by in life. Not just their lack of intelligence, but lack of self respect. 

Members
4,013 posts
14,850 battles

I just had 5 losses in a row driving tier 10 ships and called it quits. It aint just being a weekend either. All this week it's been endless losses with a occasional win just to tease me.

I'll sure be glad when I finally finish the Halsey Campaign so that I don't have to play those lousy high tiers anymore. I can go back full time to mid tiers where the battles at least are fun, even when you lose.

Beta Testers
604 posts
3,457 battles
6 hours ago, saber1979 said:

https://na.wows-numbers.com/player/1000798636,saber1979/

Though you not the best player in the world you are not the worst either. However weekend play does not exist. If this was the case the ENTIRE player base would be around your current winrate. So weekend play is a mind set for people to blame teams when they are not pulling their weight in a match

[PNGYN]
Members
491 posts
3,297 battles
5 hours ago, A_Crying_Hipster said:

You'd have a point if the majority of them didn't have thousands of games played. And many unicum players have jobs, lives, families. To argue that you can't be successful in both is a fallacy. In fact many of the same intellectual abilities that make a person perform well at any given task will apply regardless of the task.

Intelligence is intelligence. You either have the capacity to reflect on what worked or didn't work in the past and apply that awareness by making better future decisions...or you don't. And this game attracts an insane number of players that make you question how they get by in life. Not just their lack of intelligence, but lack of self respect. 

This is actually one of the few games out there right now that actually rewards intelligent, calculated decision making. And most people my age (18-24) simply haven't developed that just yet (on average).

And for the most part, it's no fault of their own.

[INTEL]
Members
871 posts
9,082 battles

My issue tonight isnt blowouts, its matches being thrown.

3-5 in the Kutuzov, averaging 96k. In the 5 losses only one was a blowout and that didn't really get rolling till around the 13 min mark. 3 losses we were up on Ships and caps with 2-300 point leads and peoples started feeding themselves to the reds one by one. One loss we had two caps and a very large points lead but were down 2 on ships. Our DD decided he'd hide behind an island instead of spotting the DM in a wide open cap. DM flipped the cap and then flanked the DD. A DM flanked a Khaba. :Smile_amazed:

Edited by Ares1967

Members
198 posts
1,447 battles
13 hours ago, Battleship_Constitution said:

However weekend play does not exist. If this was the case the ENTIRE player base would be around your current winrate. So weekend play is a mind set for people to blame teams when they are not pulling their weight in a match

I disagree, I always see stupid crap on the weekend.

• I have seen several dds sitting in smoke even though they are being radared
  • I had GK charge right at my smoke only to turn and give me a perfect broadside at a little under 3k (he ate all 10 of my Gearings torps). 
  • I watched a Montana claim he was going to defend the cap from 3 dds, 2 Shimas and one Gearing. The Shimas must have launched simultaneously because he sailed into a wall of 25 to 30 torpedoes.
  • I watched a Zao on 2k health , back up and give full broadside to a  Yamato.
  • I watched a DM do a 12 point turn between two islands on north (he ate 4 of my torps).

And that's just the crap i can remember so far this weekend.

[TOG]
Members
2,821 posts
15,797 battles
14 hours ago, Battleship_Constitution said:

https://na.wows-numbers.com/player/1000798636,saber1979/

Though you not the best player in the world you are not the worst either. However weekend play does not exist. If this was the case the ENTIRE player base would be around your current winrate. So weekend play is a mind set for people to blame teams when they are not pulling their weight in a match

When you see players doing derpy thing like 4 ships going down the middle of 2 Brothers in the first 5 minutes of a match, that's not pulling your weight. That's plain dumb. And it happens more on the weekend than on the weekdays.

Edited by Bill_Halsey

[TOG]
Members
2,821 posts
15,797 battles
13 hours ago, Viper101 said:

This is actually one of the few games out there right now that actually rewards intelligent, calculated decision making. And most people my age (18-24) simply haven't developed that just yet (on average).

And for the most part, it's no fault of their own.

What? No STEM students? Did they stop teaching critical thinking?

Edited by Bill_Halsey

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

Everyone has their own opinions on weekend play. You basically need to go off of your own experiences to tell what camp you're in.

For me, I know weekends are worse than weekdays. I cant give you any proof to this. I can't give you some pretty graph, pics, Q&A's, etc... Even if I did, that info would be disregarded by those with a different view.

I've been playing this game for a long time. There isn't anything that'll change my mind.

It's akin to when BBs started to take half a DDs health from 17+km. There was all kinds info out there, but yet some of the population wouldn't agree that it happened.

The same goes for AP shells being able to cit German BBs. Some of the population disregarded there was an issue. Heck, even WG was snarky about the whole ordeal. It took some time before WG actually looked at it and determined there was an issue.

Go off of your own experiences, you don't need anyone to confirm what you already know.

Edited by Wulfgarn

[SYN]
Members
4,586 posts
11,475 battles
20 hours ago, saber1979 said:

Yep.  It's like that on the weekends.

Weekend Part Timers (or First Timers in their newly-purchased high-tier premiums) come in and fill the teams, and make a mess of things.  Matches become a lottery.  The most stupid play you'll ever see in this game will be on Saturday nights in particular, Sundays, and for some reason, Mondays as well.  Often Mondays are the worst.  Can't explain why.

[HBK]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,335 posts
11,007 battles

Your perception.  Weekend play is no different than any other time but you've got the "reason" play is bad locked and loaded. 

If weekend play was magically so bad why does anyone, yourself included, bother to play on the weekend?